Euro 2016 | Syracusefan.com

Euro 2016

longislandcuse

Living Legend
We can talk about the actual games later but can someone explain w t f is going on with these "ultras"?... Holy ****!!!

We can talk about the actual games later but can someone explain w t f is going on with these "ultras"?... Holy ****!!!

That was crazy. Mostly supporters of England, Russia, and France if I am thinking of the same incident(s) you are referring to. I don't understand the ultras, but I loved this movie:
image.jpeg

Cinema fact: In Elijah Wood's dorm room at Harvard there is a television on in the background. It is a Syracuse football game being broadcast from the Dome.

That was crazy. Mostly supporters of England, Russia, and France if I am thinking of the same incident(s) you are referring to. I don't understand the ultras, but I loved this movie:
View attachment 65979

Cinema fact: In Elijah Wood's Harvard dorm room there is a television in the background. It is a Syracuse football game being broadcast from the Dome.

Yea, if you go to BroBible, they have a library of camera phone recorded incidents both from Marseille and inside the stadium after the whistle blew. Images show England supporters jumping over railings as Russian ultras rushed the exits and started jumping anyone wearing England gear.

Both England and Russia have been told if there are any further incidents from fans that both squads could be disqualified from the Euro...

Caught this gem of a quote from BBC, an article from yesterday re: a "new breed" of Russian hooligan:

"I don't see anything terrible about fans fighting. Quite the opposite, the guys did well. Keep it up!"

-Igor Lebedev, nationalist MP and executive member of Russian Football Union

Incredible to openly support such thuggery. Can't even imagine that this quote was somehow taken out of context, either.

When the outside antics are more entertaining than the sport itself.

When the outside antics are more entertaining than the sport itself.

Entertaining? I'm a fan of casual violence but I prefer it to be more structured and between two willing parties as in a UFC fight. I'm not a fan of bludgeoning the innocent spectator because they are wearing the shirt of the opposition and/or from a different country.

For the entertainment of the actual Euro tournament, the games have been fantastic.

Right now Wales/England 1-1 in the 73'. It's 10:30 on a Thursday morning. Summer internationals are always a pleasure.

Entertaining? I'm a fan of casual violence but I prefer it to be more structured and between two willing parties as in a UFC fight. I'm not a fan of bludgeoning the innocent spectator because they are wearing the shirt of the opposition and/or from a different country.

For the entertainment of the actual Euro tournament, the games have been fantastic.

Right now Wales/England 1-1 in the 73'. It's 10:30 on a Thursday morning. Summer internationals are always a pleasure.
Ah that came off wrong yeah, I meant I'm more interested in reading about the antics of the hooligans than I am watching the games. I wouldn't condone anything those morons do, should be cleared from the streets, feel terrible for the citizens of Marseilles. Couldn't imagine if American football/baseball/hockey rivalries were like this.

Ah that came off wrong yeah, I meant I'm more interested in reading about the antics of the hooligans than I am watching the games. I wouldn't condone anything those morons do, should be cleared from the streets, feel terrible for the citizens of Marseilles. Couldn't imagine if American football/baseball/hockey rivalries were like this.

Ask the SF Giants fans who get pummeled at Dodgers games.

Germany/Italy... this may have been the worst set of PKs ever. Just pick your spot and strike it. Enough of these stutter steps/pauses. Strike it like you mean it.

Germany/Italy... this may have been the worst set of PKs ever. Just pick your spot and strike it. Enough of these stutter steps/pauses. Strike it like you mean it.

Leaves so much room for technical error. The advantage isn't with the goalie, so just take the shot!

Portugal is so boring. Congrats.

I enjoyed watching Les Frogs lose. F them after Henry's handball against Ireland.

For those who used to read Simmons, Ronaldo is a prime Ewing theory candidate.

I enjoyed watching Les Frogs lose. F them after Henry's handball against Ireland.

lol...that handball today (clearly wrong call) really was the game changing moment. The free kick that almost goes in, that leads to a throw in, and boooooom, goal. Portugal wins.

lol...that handball today (clearly wrong call) really was the game changing moment. The free kick that almost goes in, that leads to a throw in, and boooooom, goal. Portugal wins.

Karma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom