EURO2012 Official Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

EURO2012 Official Thread

The goal by Di Natale was a beautiful run, and quickly followed by trademark passing by Spain leading to a Fabregas goal. Big game for Italy today, showed they have what it takes to get out of the group.
Balotelli brain fart was a killer. Both teams had beautiful goals but to tell you the truth, Spain looked like they could score at will but got just a little too cute. The Torres chip should have been the winner. I thought Prandelli probably should have brought on Nocerino for Motta about 10 minutes earlier. Marchisio missed a wonderful chance for the winner at 88 minutes.

The Euro's are awesome, I really wish USA was in something like this more than just the World Cup every 4 years.
South America, Central America, North America, Bermuda, The Bahamas and Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Cuba. There are enough countries there to hold a Tournament of the Americas.

The Euro's are awesome, I really wish USA was in something like this more than just the World Cup every 4 years.

They do. The CONCACAF Golf Cup is held every two years. Last summer the US was up 2-0 to Mexico in the final and Mexico came back to win 4-2.

Concacaf Gold Cup doesn't include South America though.
The two federations aren't going to combine for a tournament. It's as similar to the Euro as it can get.

Concacaf Gold Cup doesn't include South America though.
For anyone to care you need more than just USA and Mexico...a Cup with Brazil/Argentina/Uruguay involved would definately generate interest.

For anyone to care you need more than just USA and Mexico...a Cup with Brazil/Argentina/Uruguay involved would definately generate interest.
Yeah that's what I was getting at with a Tournament of the Americas type of thing.

Good substitutions by the WWL bringing in Tommy Smyth and Kasey Keller. Nice to have analysts who can string a coherent sentence together.

Wow. Just set the recorder for Ireland-Croatia and the Croats come up with a 30 foot header at 3 minutes.

Rossi was disappointing. Ley was serving him up some softballs and he provided nothing and looked super uncomfortable.
Good, because screw Rossi. That traitor can suck it, frankly. Perhaps the best American born player ever, and he decides to play for Italy instead of his home country? Screw him.

Really looking forward to England-France tomorrow. Ukraine-Sweden... Not so much.

Good, because screw Rossi. That traitor can suck it, frankly. Perhaps the best American born player ever, and he decides to play for Italy instead of his home country? Screw him.
Eh. Even though he was born here I'm pretty sure he moved back to Italy with his family when he was 14 or 15 years old. US has fielded plenty of foreign born players over the years anyway. Maybe the US has better luck with Gabriel Ferrari or Vincenzo Bernard0.

Really looking forward to England-France tomorrow. Ukraine-Sweden... Not so much.
Abracadabra is always fun to watch. At club level at least, maybe not so much for Sweden but maybe this becomes his breakout.

Abracadabra is always fun to watch. At club level at least, maybe not so much for Sweden but maybe this becomes his breakout.
I just think Sweden is going to stomp Ukraine. Zlatan will score a hat trick.

Eh. Even though he was born here I'm pretty sure he moved back to Italy with his family when he was 14 or 15 years old. US has fielded plenty of foreign born players over the years anyway. Maybe the US has better luck with Gabriel Ferrari or Vincenzo Bernard0.
The difference is that the foreigners we have typically wouldn't make their home international squads, whereas Rossi could have helped lift our team to another level. He would have been a difference maker, whereas, for example, someone like Timmy Chandler would never make the final roster for Germany.

Shevchenko was tremendous. That header for the second goal slipped in perfectly. Huge result if it holds for Ukraine.

Shevchenko was tremendous. That header for the second goal slipped in perfectly. Huge result if it holds for Ukraine.
First one he had was no slouch. Great first round without a clinker among all 8 games. In fact the one with the most goals (Russia-Czech) was probably the most boring.

I think Greece beats the Czechs 1-0 and Poland pulls off a shock 2-1 upset over Russia tomorrow

I think Greece beats the Czechs 1-0 and Poland pulls off a shock 2-1 upset over Russia tomorrow
Agree on Greece, not so sure about Poland. Have seen Russia's last 2 games (Italy friendly and Czech) and they have looked pretty formidable. And don't forget, Poland is playing without their first choice keeper who was red carded on Friday (though Tyton coming in cold and stopping the pk was pretty remarkable). Poland at home and playing for their life but I think best case for them to advance is draw against Russia and go all out against Czech Republic and hope for goal differential over Greece.

Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out . . . .

How aboot the Irish ladies? Gotta love the Euros..

481373_384725018251834_343688142_n.jpg

I would love those two results bnoro. Gotta try to avoid seeing the results tomorrow and watch after work. Other than seeing if Denmark can surprise in B, Group A's matches are the most enticing to me.

How aboot the Irish ladies? Gotta love the Euros..

View attachment 899

I would love those two results bnoro. Gotta try to avoid seeing the results tomorrow and watch after work. Other than seeing if Denmark can surprise in B, Group A's matches are the most enticing to me.
The exact opposite of the Ukrainian women they kept showing today. Yikes. Made me regret having an HDTV. It was even more upsetting that they ignored what is surely a stacked talent pool of Swedish women.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom