EURO2012 Official Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

EURO2012 Official Thread

Agree on Greece, not so sure about Poland. Have seen Russia's last 2 games (Italy friendly and Czech) and they have looked pretty formidable. And don't forget, Poland is playing without their first choice keeper who was red carded on Friday (though Tyton coming in cold and stopping the pk was pretty remarkable). Poland at home and playing for their life but I think best case for them to advance is draw against Russia and go all out against Czech Republic and hope for goal differential over Greece.
Sczcezny doesn't give me any confidence in him when he's out there. Granted, he's 22 and has EPL experience but he tends to screw up quite a bit, for both Arsenal and Poland. Russia won't be able to run around like they did to the Czechs against Poland's midfield. I think it could go either way.

I think Greece beats the Czechs 1-0 and Poland pulls off a shock 2-1 upset over Russia tomorrow
Paging Benjamin...1-0 czech's a minute in:)

Greece looks horrendous right now. Don't see them getting back in this one. Then again, Greece has a history of pulling off the ridiculous.

Sczcezny doesn't give me any confidence in him when he's out there. Granted, he's 22 and has EPL experience but he tends to screw up quite a bit, for both Arsenal and Poland. Russia won't be able to run around like they did to the Czechs against Poland's midfield. I think it could go either way.

I still wish Smuda and The Holy Goalie had patched things up before Euro. Boruc's still got the quality to be first-choice for Poland imo.

Yes Blaszczykowski, the video feed on espn3 is terrible.

Yes Blaszczykowski, the video feed on espn3 is terrible.

All good. If you told me Poland scored a goal, my guess wouldve been one of those 2. I was hoping Liverpool would try and land Kuba but after initial reports the other year nothing materialized.

It was a hell of a goal by Kuba. Wish Poland was able to finish a few of its better chances. Surprised that the Czechs ended up winning that game. I think Poland will beat them and claim 2nd in the group as Russia should beat Greece easily.

It was a hell of a goal by Kuba. Wish Poland was able to finish a few of its better chances. Surprised that the Czechs ended up winning that game. I think Poland will beat them and claim 2nd in the group as Russia should beat Greece easily.

Very exciting fast paced game. Poland plays a very entertaining brand of soccer. I hope they advance.

Very exciting fast paced game. Poland plays a very entertaining brand of soccer. I hope they advance.
They have a very young core, will be exciting to watch moving forward.

The Russians must have set a world record for largest banner in a stadium. Absolutely monstrous.

article-2158272-1393C9D3000005DC-771_634x425.jpg

I think Poland will beat them and claim 2nd in the group as Russia should beat Greece easily.
I hope you are right as its too early for it to end! Just finished watching the game on delay - Polska had some good runs and have been mostly aggressive, but some crisper touches would be nice.

Looking forward to Saturday and watching at the Polish Home here in Syracuse.

Polska! Big game against Czech coming up. Really thought they might break through at the end against Russia. Oh well, my other nationality plays tomorrow in Germany. They looked solid against Portugal, hopefully that continues against a tough team tomorrow. I wish I had friends who were into the Euro-Cup, I keep trying to talk about it and they just look at me like "What are you talking about."

Netherlands defense is atrocious. Would be surprised if they got a point out of this group.

Netherlands defense is atrocious. Would be surprised if they got a point out of this group.
Portugal just about did enough today to get through. I think they'll rip through this Dutch defense in their 3rd game. I don't see the Danes stopping Germany.

Portugal just about did enough today to get through. I think they'll rip through this Dutch defense in their 3rd game. I don't see the Danes stopping Germany.
Germany can play some of their subs if they wish and rest up for the quarters.

Germany can play some of their subs if they wish and rest up for the quarters.
And I think they'll still beat the Danes. Pulling Kroos and Klose and players like that off the bench is only a slight drop off. This team is loaded.

Awesome free kick strike from Italy.

Italy taking it to them. Could have had 2 more. This Italy doesn't try to defend 1 goal so I expect the second half to be really wide open. Croatia wants at least a point here and Italy wants 3.

Italy taking it to them. Could have had 2 more. This Italy doesn't try to defend 1 goal so I expect the second half to be really wide open. Croatia wants at least a point here and Italy wants 3.

What's the deal with Balotelli? He's causing problems but just seems slow, out of shape and clueless about how to finish.

What's the deal with Balotelli? He's causing problems but just seems slow, out of shape and clueless about how to finish.
He came close twice today. And the pass back to Cassano should probably have been a shot. He seemed to be working hard, and was playing against a very physical team today which explains the tiredness to some extent. It's all instinctive at this level and the missed opportunity on Sunday and the general consensus being that he should have passed to Cassano was probably in his head today. He's young and only has a handful of caps at this point, and I think the substance will catch up with the flash eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom