Even if we end up in the NIT | Syracusefan.com

Even if we end up in the NIT

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
I would have enjoyed this team more than some of our NCAA teams. Just a bunch of likable kids that picked themselves up off the mat and improved individually and as a team as the season progressed. I imagined I'd be somewhat invested in an NIT for a change as I'd love this crew to celebrate something.

With that said if we are playing our best there is not one team in the country I am afraid of. I'm not ready to give up on the NCAA's just yet, a lot of pelts to be had and a winnable ACCT on the horizon.

Last nights loss sucked. We should have won. But even in the moments after I was thank full I was emotionally invested, to my normal fanatical level.

Syracuse basketball is agonizingly fun again, something I never thought it could be this season a short while ago.

Beat Duke

It’s funny watching games in the 70s than it is in the 50s that’s for sure

Yeah, that's for sure...but just not the points but the development. I get a kick out of Buddy's drives, Gurriers intensity inside and Marek doing things I never thought he could, like that one sick move to the basket last night.

I enjoy watching this team more than last years.
I think it's accurate to say that this team plays an enjoyable brand of offense. Period. Saying it's better than last year (or the last 6 years) kind of diminishes the compliment because I enjoy root canals more than last year's team, too.

If somehow Hughes comes back next year...
giphy.gif

Sure. But UVA opener aside I feel like we should have won all of our ACC games. So a snub will hurt. Unless we screw up down the stretch and lose a couple ugly ones to inferior teams.

4th place and the double bye is not an unreasonable thing to expect/root for. We need to root hard against the middle class of the league and hope that 5th place is a bunch of teams at 11-9 and we can get it with 12 wins. 13-7 will definitely get us 4th.

Sure. But UVA opener aside I feel like we should have won all of our ACC games. So a snub will hurt. Unless we screw up down the stretch and lose a couple ugly ones to inferior teams.

4th place and the double bye is not an unreasonable thing to expect/root for. We need to root hard against the middle class of the league and hope that 5th place is a bunch of teams at 11-9 and we can get it with 12 wins. 13-7 will definitely get us 4th.

Yep, the goal is 4th. You could even sell me on third if we beat Duke Saturday and get one of the two big road games. A big IF, I know

I would have enjoyed this team more than some of our NCAA teams. Just a bunch of likable kids that picked themselves up off the mat and improved individually and as a team as the season progressed. I imagined I'd be somewhat invested in an NIT for a change as I'd love this crew to celebrate something.

With that said if we are playing our best there is not one team in the country I am afraid of. I'm not ready to give up on the NCAA's just yet, a lot of pelts to be had and a winnable ACCT on the horizon.

Last nights loss sucked. We should have won. But even in the moments after I was thank full I was emotionally invested, to my normal fanatical level.

Syracuse basketball is agonizingly fun again, something I never thought it could be this season a short while ago.

Beat Duke

It's around this time in January when we usually have a dip in performance. The better teams under Boeheim have recovered from it and the worse teams have not.

This is the first team in several years there’s players I actually enjoy rooting for. Love watching Hughes play. QG is probably going to be my favorite next season. Watching Buddy progress the way he has is amazing. To see JGIII play with such intensity, no matter the outcome, I love watching this team!!!

Not that we should be planning for the NIT but will we have to go on the road no matter what? Will they give us home games at OCC (If we are a high enough seed) or something like they are doing for our Lax home games?

I'm not hinting that we will be in the NIT, but I recall a few years ago when we were in it (a #1 seed I believe) the attendance in the dome for that first game I think was over 20K. Here again, please correct my memory if necessary.

I'm not hinting that we will be in the NIT, but I recall a few years ago when we were in it (a #1 seed I believe) the attendance in the dome for that first game I think was over 20K. Here again, please correct my memory if necessary.
Per Google in 2007 we beat San Diego State and there was 26,752 people there. (Would be the most people this year... until Saturday)
That year we beat Gtown and were 10-6 in the Big East but still missed the tourney.
Well 0-6 in the Big East if you believe the NCAA and 2-11 overall if you believe the NCAA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom