Everett Golson transferring to FSU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Everett Golson transferring to FSU

This grad transfer thing is turning into a mini free agency. Just wait until Braxton Miller hits the market. FSU would be wise to hold off for him.

If Golson's waiver is denied by the SEC, he'd still be able to play in the other four P5 conferences, so what is there to lose?

I might be wrong, but I don't the SEC considers a waiver until he commits or enrolls somewhere, which doesn't give him the chance to go someplace if it's denied. Anyone know anything different? How did it work for Paulus or Allen?

This grad transfer thing is turning into a mini free agency. Just wait until Braxton Miller hits the market. FSU would be wise to hold off for him.

I'd be surprised if Miller doesn't end up at Oregon.

They should be allowed to be FA if they graduate. The NCAA frauds claim the whole point of athletics is for the get kids degrees, Well if they get their degrees they should be allowed to play anywhere and the NCAA should .

He has time to wait it out. Any teams with openings for him will still have them come July/August. I would expect the commish to move quickly if need be, if he thinks it benefits his league to get Golson on board.
There is no way the other coaches such as Saban, or Spurrier would allow a waiver to another school.

He sure did. He just didn't have 9 interceptions there.

He also played in high school a bit and was ranked the 15th best pro-style QB in the country. Were the rankings wrong? Was Oklahoma's talent evaluation wrong? Was Cuse wrong to bring him in? No to all the above. Every single player interviewed about McF-it's system said no one knew where to be or what to do because it was too complicated. So you end up with WR not where the QB thinks they'll be and that results in tons of interceptions. All of which is to say that with McF-it gone and a different offense in place, I think the chances of a QB being much more successful this year are good.

No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. He completed a total of 18 passes in cleanup time at OU all were in his freshman and Soph years. Never played a down in his Junior year 2012. He never played for a reason, he isn't good.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=208798956

Their system, our system the NFL's system and all the best coaching/coaches throughout his career because his parents had money didn't make a difference. He is not, was not and won't ever be a good QB.

TheCusian said:
No inside info - but I doubt it. I don't think they'll want to do that to Hunt. He's a senior, leader, respect of his peers, etc. It took a toll on the team when Allen was brought in and Hunt wasn't coming off of injury for his last season.

Nice , thoughtful post.

Am I the only one that doesn't think Golson is all that good? Maybe it's just me but he seems very turnover prone. He is better than what we have, but I don't really see a huge upside to taking him for 1 year
AGREE.

He's over rated

But better than Hunt

You think the NCAA would let a kid walk free just because they earned a degree? Not likely. Yes, even the grad transfer has to be released. Note the difference between ND and Iowa, which released one of their kids to go to Michigan.

If he goes to a school without a graduate department at ND then ND can't stop him. This release crap doesn't apply to students who graduate with 1 year left.

The Iowa kid who went to Michigan needed Iowa because it was intra-conference move. ND can't stop Golson unless the school he wants to go has a graduate major that is at ND.

Then Duke could block Sulamon from going to Maryland?

I believe so, but unless they are playing next season, they might be ok with him going there.

Am I the only one that doesn't think Golson is all that good? Maybe it's just me but he seems very turnover prone. He is better than what we have, but I don't really see a huge upside to taking him for 1 year

I think he's all or nothing. When he's good, he's the type of kid that could throw for 4 TDs and run for two more in a huge win over a good team. But he's also the kind of kid who can throw 3 huge picks and fumble in a half. So it's tough to tell. I'm in the camp that would be all over getting him and starting him immediately the cuse though.

He was a 3 star recruit at oklahoma. And he wasn't very good.

Right. We are in the business of turning down Oklahoma's recruits. Is that higher rated or less highly rated than SU's QBs who have played since Drew came and failed here?

No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. He completed a total of 18 passes in cleanup time at OU all were in his freshman and Soph years. Never played a down in his Junior year 2012. He never played for a reason, he isn't good.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=208798956

Their system, our system the NFL's system and all the best coaching/coaches throughout his career because his parents had money didn't make a difference. He is not, was not and won't ever be a good QB.

No offense, but you are offering an opinion, just like I am. Apparently, you think your opinion is more correct than mine. I think that is just fine and dandy and I think mine is more correct than yours. However, I won't suggest that you have no idea what you are talking about, because I have enough class and perspective to realize these are just opinions which we will both never have an ability to test or determine conclusively which is better than the other. My Christmas wish for you is that you get some and aren't rude and ridiculous toward another person again just because its the internet and you aren't able to be asked what supports your opinion in an on the spot, face to face way. The statistics of Drew Allen are better than those of any SU QB since he came here. I believe that was due to McF-it's ridiculously bad coaching, game planning and play calling. Am I right? I don't know for sure. However, I wouldn't insult someone who has a different opinion and I wouldn't start an offensive comment with "No offense" which is the hallmark of a coming insult.

Right. We are in the business of turning down Oklahoma's recruits. Is that higher rated or less highly rated than SU's QBs who have played since Drew came and failed here?
Every school makes mistakes in recruiting. We just had a basketball player transfer that I don't think could start on any mac team. Should they be in the business of turning down Syracuse hoop recruits? We can blame McDonald for the killing of JFK. Allen wasn't very good.

Every school makes mistakes in recruiting. We just had a basketball player transfer that I don't think could start on any mac team. Should they be in the business of turning down Syracuse hoop recruits? We can blame McDonald for the killing of JFK. Allen wasn't very good.

We agree schools make mistakes recruiting. I think we can certainly agree he didn't do well at SU. I kind of think he was good before he got thrust into McF-it's system which no one ran well with Hunt and WRs openly saying no one knew where to be on any given play due to scheme, play calling and needless personnel changes on every play. I don't know that, though. And you don't know the opposite. We ought to universally blame McDonald for creating a truly awful offense. In the end, it doesn't matter whether Allen was good or not. It matters whether the offense under Lester is better than it was under George. I hope it is. I think Golson would likely make it better than what we have currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom