Everett Golson transferring to FSU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Everett Golson transferring to FSU

No offense, but you are offering an opinion, just like I am. Apparently, you think your opinion is more correct than mine. I think that is just fine and dandy and I think mine is more correct than yours. However, I won't suggest that you have no idea what you are talking about, because I have enough class and perspective to realize these are just opinions which we will both never have an ability to test or determine conclusively which is better than the other. My Christmas wish for you is that you get some and aren't rude and ridiculous toward another person again just because its the internet and you aren't able to be asked what supports your opinion in an on the spot, face to face way. The statistics of Drew Allen are better than those of any SU QB since he came here. I believe that was due to McF-it's ridiculously bad coaching, game planning and play calling. Am I right? I don't know for sure. However, I wouldn't insult someone who has a different opinion and I wouldn't start an offensive comment with "No offense" which is the hallmark of a coming insult.

What are you talking about exactly?

There is no opinion about it, he was a bad QB who couldn't crack the lineup at OU proven by statistics and playing time there.

He was terrible here, again not an opinion, fact. What statistics are you using to suggest he was a good QB? His HS stats and his star rating out of HS...even after he spent 4 years in college being coached by college coaches. HS stats are irrelevant when you are in college, just like College stats are irrelevant when you jump to the NFL. We are talking about how good he was in college, aren't we? Why would I care how good he was in HS. Another stat for you...he wasn't good enough for the NFL either, nor was he good enough for the CFL. If your OPINION was that he was a good QB, I ask you to prove it just as I proved he was terrible above using facts.

There is no opinion about it, he was a bad QB

He was terrible here, again not an opinion, fact.
Words like "bad" and "terrible" are value judgments and are therefore never facts. They might be popular opinions. I think Allen was terrible, but it is not a fact. "Derek Jeter is a good hitter" is an opinion. "Derek Jeter hit .310" is a fact.

I'm not sure whom to blame (e.g., media, schools), but it is sad that people do not know the difference between opinion and fact.

This thread is crazy.

1. I think we can say that based on the facts (int to TD ratio, playing time, etc) that Allen was a poor QB.

2. Golson to FSU doesn't scare me that much. They are typically better at a lot of positions than us and we started Golsons turnover Avalanche last season. Who knows how the team reacts to him?

While that may be the case, it didn't come from any "sources". My guess is that he was listening to the college football morning show on Sirius 91 yesterday. They all speculated that FSU would be the best fit.

im trying to work a scenario where golson to fsu helps get sean maguire to Syracuse for next year.

maybe it will piss him off and he will take his degree and go.

can you do that graduate and play thingy inconf??

Am I the only one that doesn't think Golson is all that good? Maybe it's just me but he seems very turnover prone. He is better than what we have, but I don't really see a huge upside to taking him for 1 year
golson had a higher rating last year than Nassib did his senior year.

a lot of picks but a lot of TD too. 2 to 1 is still ok (not great in college but good)

this will be a good way to find out how much of FSU's success is their speed at WR.

Just when you think all of the SEC were out of the running...

Golson visits the Gators.

Last edited:
golson had a higher rating last year than Nassib did his senior year.

a lot of picks but a lot of TD too. 2 to 1 is still ok (not great in college but good)

this will be a good way to find out how much of FSU's success is their speed at WR.
We're a number of his picks Pick-6's? Which would make the stats a bit worse than they seem at first glance.

Good, I always thought he was really streaky, maybe we catch him on a bad day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom