Everybody Calm Down. We Still Got This. | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Calm Down. We Still Got This.

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
This isn't the Magic losing Dwight Howard, or the Lakers losing Bynum. We can still win the East without Fab. We beat WVU and Cincy without Fab. We can beat Vandy and OSU also.

We didn't lose to Butler because AO was out. Matt Howard had 9 points. Butler had 5 offensive rebounds. Syracuse out-rebounded Butler 33-27.

Syracuse is still the most athletic team in the East. We got some darn good players, some darn good guards and wings. Yes, losing a 7 foot intimidator in the middle hurts, but we would really only be exploited against a Thomas Robinson/Anthony Davis type... we won't see them until the final 4.

Remember 2010 when #1 Kansas lost early? OSU, UNC, Vandy, Kansas, Kentucky, can all lose early. So much of tourney success is luck of the draw - who falls down ahead of you?

We have 3 guards with NCAA experience, 2 forwards with experience, and a coach with a title.

I'm not afraid of any team in the East. Let's win the East first before we cry about seeing UK or UNC or KU. The best team rarely wins.

Mizzou has had a very good season so far playing with 3/4 guards and a 6'8? big man. Villanova made the Final 4 with 4 guards and a 6'8 big man. We have future pro guards and wings. We can do it also.

Who's with me?

Who is slowing down Sullinger?

I love how people assume that certain teams are automatically going to win.

Jesus H Christ.

Im in. Fu ck this negativity. One game at a time and see how it plays out. It get enough whining from my kids at home. Get over it, hes' gone. 5:30 AM cant come fast enough for me to get the F out of here and onto Pitt.

Who's with me?

Fab Melo's tutor, maybe.

In all seriousness, I applaud your optimism, but I just don't see this team making a deep run. They hadn't been playing well of late with Fab Melo - I just don't see them righting the ship without him, considering his replacement(s) will be an untested freshman, and a guy who can't catch a cold.

What negativity? I'm just asking a question.

People are acting like we have to play OSU then Kansas then Duke then UConn then Marquette then UNC then Kentucky... chances are if we go far we'll see a maximum of two of these teams.

Ok, so who are our potential problem match-ups now? I'm genuinely curious. Also, are any other teams in our bracket having any last minute shake-ups like us?

Ok, so who are our potential problem match-ups now? I'm genuinely curious. Also, are any other teams in our bracket having any last minute shake-ups like us?
Name any team and someone will claim they're the "worst possible match-up for SU"

you mean that most NCAA teams don't have eligibility issues for their starters days before the NCAAs? Oh Lord

Whatever. Fab's stat line in the BET was pretty bad and by the end of the UConn he was a complete attitude problem. He had one block in the BET across those two games. I'm pretty sure his goaltending exceeded that.

This is the worst timing and is a big blow to Syracuse's chances, however I am not about to give up. Are we a different team without Fab. Yes we are but we are still a talented and deep team!

This has been a crazy season and yet Syracuse has still prevailed. With all the distractions and bad publicity, the Syracuse basketball team has proven they can prevail. Let us not forget ND shot the ball extremely well against us without Fab. Syracuse is still a dangerous team.

Our chances of winning got a lot harder but we still can win this. I am not about to sulk in a deep depression over this (even though I want to), lets see how Southerland, Rak and BMK play in Fab's absence and see if they can step up which I have confidence that they can. Southerland during the BET played decent minutes and Rak had some positive moments. Being a #1 seed is a good thing, we get to play these guys and hope to build some confidence for the challenges that lie ahead.

KSU assuming they win and we win is a great test and a chance to see where we stand, if we can beat them then I think we still have a good shot. Vandy in my opinion is overrated and as long as we play them tight and contest shots, we should be able to beat them. I still have hope we can salvage this season.

Lets not give up Orange fans! These are tough times but the best thing we can do is look ahead and stay positive!

Sure, we've still got a chance to get to the FF4, but any chance we had to win it all is over. Simple as that. No way we beat NC or Kentucky without Fab. Now we can all dream that they both get beat and somehow we overcome the offensive rebounding of KState and the inside power of Sullinger etc. And I'll be cheering for all of that. But I'm also realistic and being realistic can sound like pessimism. So be it.

Let's Go Orange!!!

I am fully on board. I do think Fab brought to us a lot of intangibles that didn't show up in the box score. He was usually good for 2-3 charges a game that not only prevented points but got us to the bonus sooner and got the other team in foul trouble sooner.

In addition he not only blocks shots but he also alters shots consistently. I would estimate maybe 4-5 shots a game altered in addition to his 3 blocks.

We can overcome the loss of Fabs rebounds and blocks and maybe even points. Wonder if we can overcome the altered shots and charges we won't get. That may be the hardest proposition.

The four players with the most untapped additional potential for us I think are Rak, CJ, JS, and MCW. We are going to need all of our regulars playing well and these four to make additional contributions. Not sure what Baye can bring us honestly.

We can do it! It'll be fun to watch how our guys respond.

What-me-worry-715605.jpg

I need a Cali thread ASAP.

It'll be fun to watch how our guys respond.
After my initial shock/anger/disgust, this is now the mindset I'm going into the tourney with.

I'm all in still, lose one player and weren't not suddenly 12 seed caliber. Think we get to the Elite 8 and from there, we'll see who we play.

OK -- let's see what that deep bench (MCW, Keita, Rak, the walk-on who hits 3s) can do. Some 3 guard line-ups. Much more pressing. Whatever worked against WVa and Cincy when Fab was out in January.
With Fab we were a #1 seed that could disappoint by not making the FF -- now we are a Cinderella story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom