Everyone needs to let Wildhack know | Syracusefan.com

Everyone needs to let Wildhack know

cuse309

Ace recruiting beat reporter
How much they love Coach Babers. How much value he adds to the Syracuse brand. How willing you'll be to renew, or purchase season tickets. How much pride he gives you in Syracuse football. Let him hear it.

Edited by mod. Do not post email addresses, especial for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only Eric Dungey could stay for 14 years...he means more to the Syracuse brand than Babers

It’s not Wildhack that needs to hear it. Believe me he knows. He would write the largest check he could Monday morning to extend Dino. It’s the Board of Trustees that needs to hear it.

The investment into this program begins and ends with the BOT. The AD is not much more than a messenger. Not a knock, just how it is.

John gets credit for helping Dino get what he has needed up to this point. But nothing gets done without the BOT approval. It’s also not all about more money for Dino. It’s proof to Dino that this University will make the investment that allows him to build this into a top 25 program.

The BOT has yet to prove that they are ready to make this investment. They better do it quickly or else Dino will follow Doug right out that door.

Last edited:
Yes, yes he does
Coach Babers is the face of the franchise, while Dungey is the face of the team. Coach Babers is in the spotlight on a national level. His locker room speeches go viral. He gets invited to speak on ESPN often and put his brand out there. He brings in talent. He is the reason we are where we are right now. Dungey is a great Q.B., and we are not 4-3 without him, but to say he adds more "value" to the brand than Babers is laughable. Eric will likely just be forgotten about outside of Syracuse NY in a couple years. If Dino is still here, he will be front and center in the national spotlight pushing the Syracuse brand.

It’s not Wildhack that needs to hear it. Believe me he knows. He would write the largest check he could Monday morning to extend Dino. It’s the Board of Trustees that needs to hear it.

The investment into this program begins and ends with the BOT. The AD is not much more than a messenger. Not a knock, just how it is.

John gets credit for helping Dino get what he has needed up to this point. But nothing gets done without the BOT approval. It’s also not all about more money for Dino. It’s proof to Dino that this University will make the investment that allows him to build this program into a top 25 program.

They BOT has yet to prove they are ready to make this investment. They better do it quickly or else Dino will follow Doug right out that door.
This!

Listen!

How much they love Coach Babers. How much value he adds to the Syracuse brand. How willing you'll be to renew, or purchase season tickets. How much pride he gives you in Syracuse football. Let him hear it.

I just sent him an e-mail and donated money.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s simpler than that: Dino either wants to see this through or not. U can’t chase him if he’s got his mind set on leaving.

One more point on this... Dino’s “belief without evidence” point works both ways. Yesterday he provided evidence to the Board of Trustees that he can take this program as high as they will let him. At what point does the BOT provide that same evidence to Dino?

IMO he has belief that the BOT will give him what he needs to succeed, but at some point the BOT has to provide the evidence.

It’s top 25 resources or bust for the BOT. The clock is ticking.

One more point on this... Dino’s “belief without evidence” point works both ways. Yesterday he provided evidence to the Board of Trustees that he can take this program as high as they will let him. At what point does the BOT provide that same evidence to Dino?

IMO he has belief that the BOT will give him what he needs to succeed, but at some point the BOT has to provide the evidence.

Can someone shed some light on the "evidence" the BOT needs to convince Babers? I'm so tired of hearing about the mysterious demands a man making north of $2mm per year has. He has a private jet, new locker rooms, new weight rooms, more coaches than any other in Syracuse history.

Is it just more money for coaches? does he want $5mm a year personally? Does he want a 2:1 player to coach ratio? Athletic facilities like Clemson's? I'm not saying Dino is right or wrong, I'm just curious as to what was asked and what was promised as oppose to these allusions that the BOT needs to step up or Dino is gone if x,y,z doesn't happen, without any details as to what they are.

I do think if they don't make a change on the medical front he might be gone. But I think the money that football factories spend on facilities and coaches are disgusting when there are so many kids in need and so many better uses for that money to make a difference in the world.

Can someone shed some light on the "evidence" the BOT needs to convince Babers? I'm so tired of hearing about the mysterious demands a man making north of $2mm per year has. He has a private jet, new locker rooms, new weight rooms, more coaches than any other in Syracuse history.

Is it just more money for coaches? does he want $5mm a year personally? Does he want a 2:1 player to coach ratio? Athletic facilities like Clemson's? I'm not saying Dino is right or wrong, I'm just curious as to what was asked and what was promised as oppose to these allusions that the BOT needs to step up or Dino is gone if x,y,z doesn't happen, without any details as to what they are.

I do think if they don't make a change on the medical front he might be gone. But I think the money that football factories spend on facilities and coaches are disgusting when there are so many kids in need and so many better uses for that money to make a difference in the world.

Among one thought may be a lot more money for his coaches? Hart left for Indiana and got a ton more cash. This has to be addressed because this is a wonderful staff and using HCDB's own words...La Famila. A good leader looks out for those who work for him.

It’s simpler than that: Dino either wants to see this through or not. U can’t chase him if he’s got his mind set on leaving.

He can both want it and want to get paid. Pay the man what he is worth, which is what the market will bear.

No problem. A list that needs to be on PAR with the average top 25 program. Not Bama or even division member Clemson, an average top 25 team. Here you go -

- A raise
- A larger recruiting budget.
- A bigger budget to pay current staff and to hire larger support staff. (Dino actually commented on this yesterday.)
- Commitment to better facilities which includes the Dome renovations.

Obviously it’s unreasonable to have all this provided immediately but the “evidence” is the commitment from the BOT. We may think this is excessive but it is currently what the other top 25 programs are investing. If he can’t get that kind of support here, then he will find an SEC or PAC-12 school who will.

I LOVE Dino and want him to be here until he retires from coaching, but what in terms of facilities is everyone hoping for? We have solid plans for a new, modern dome. Have a beautiful IPF and football wing and heard yesterday Dino makes north of 4mil per. How much more butt kissin needs to be done by the BOTs?

I LOVE Dino and want him to be here until he retires from coaching, but what in terms of facilities is everyone hoping for? We have solid plans for a new, modern dome. Have a beautiful IPF and football wing and heard yesterday Dino makes north of 4mil per. How much more butt kissin needs to be done by the BOTs?
Housing and Dining/Nutritionists/Chefs

What Dome plans? Can you show us them because I haven’t seen anything.

He does not make north of 4. Pretty sure it’s 2.5m per year which is average for a D-1 Coach.

What Dome plans? Can you show us them because I haven’t seen anything.

He does not make north of 4. Pretty sure it’s 2.5m per year which is average for a D-1 Coach.

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know? This should be public info, correct? Didn't SS make 2?

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know? This should be public info, correct? Didn't SS make 2?

It's not public info because we're a private school. But as a non-profit, SU is required to file a form 990 showing the top several highest paid employees. The one for 2016 hasn't been released yet that I remember.

Part of my confusion about all this is that we just hired Dino less than two years ago... He seems like a pretty smart dude, I would hope he laid out all of his expectations/demands on the table when negotiating his deal. If he laid out all his requirements then the university needs to come through on what they committed to... if he didn't then what has changed since then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom