Everyone needs to let Wildhack know | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone needs to let Wildhack know

Your last paragraph is spot on. I would be shocked if Dino didn't have some desire to coach at a top 10 factory school. Maybe he finds comfort and stability at Cuse and never actually goes that route, but, if that's been his goal, which I would think is nearly every coach in D1, no matter what we do, it may not be enough. Let's hope for the best.
He might but he’s also 56 years old. He’s not some spring chicken youngin either. This is kind of a great fit for him.

What has Wildhack done?
He did give the Jet service to Dino so I give him that. I gave him credit when he did that but he hasn’t done all this stuff to deserve this faith yet.

This private jet is likely not a big deal... 15 years ago, yes, it would be a big deal.

Nowadays there is a viable business model for the private jet thing where you have a pool of individual jet customers that pay a lease share to a private jet company for the service. The flight company maintains a small jet fleet, employs the pilots, etc. and the costs are shared amongst the lease customers at a much more affordable cost to the customer than the old days of a company or organization owing their own jets, paying their own pilots, etc. and the huge operating cost outlay it used to be.

I would expect this "lease sharing" is exactly what we're doing and it makes perfect financial sense if we need private jet service.

Just guessing about that, so could be wrong... ;)

This private jet is likely not a big deal... 15 years ago, yes, it would be a big deal.

Nowadays there is a viable business model for the private jet thing where you have a pool of individual jet customers that pay a lease share to a private jet company for the service. The flight company maintains a small jet fleet, employs the pilots, etc. and the costs are shared amongst the lease customers at a much more affordable cost to the customer than the old days of a company or organization owing their own jets, paying their own pilots, etc. and the huge operating cost outlay it used to be.

I would expect this "lease sharing" is exactly what we're doing and it makes perfect financial sense if we need private jet service.

Just guessing about that, so could be wrong... ;)

Nope you are dead on. The university settled on Wheels Up. They looked into NetJets and I believe Priority One Jets (which is out of NJ I believe).

This was one of Dino's sticking points and something he was promised by Coyle. Having a jet is something most if not ALL P5 schools have as it helps with right recruiting windows.

To the other poster who asked what has John done? Just because it's something we fans cannot see, doesn't mean he's simply sitting on his hands. He has done ALOT behind the scenes. Increasing the staff size and giving Dino an entire marketing department dedicated to football is exhibit 1A

T
His is time..pull the trigger or go Division 2 a
He pla Brockport State!

Nope you are dead on. The university settled on Wheels Up. They looked into NetJets and I believe Priority One Jets (which is out of NJ I believe).

This was one of Dino's sticking points and something he was promised by Coyle. Having a jet is something most if not ALL P5 schools have as it helps with right recruiting windows.

To the other poster who asked what has John done? Just because it's something we fans cannot see, doesn't mean he's simply sitting on his hands. He has done ALOT behind the scenes. Increasing the staff size and giving Dino an entire marketing department dedicated to football is exhibit 1A
I didn’t say he was sitting on his hands.

I want to know what he has done to earn this goodwill.

Dr. Gross did a great job with all sports except football.

I am wondering what Wildhack has done. I think people like him because they know him or his ESPN background. I don’t dislike the guy but I want to see results before I give faith.

A few of you simply aren’t happy unless you’re obsessively kvetching about something.
Okay. So now asking questions is complaining.

Jeez. Your post really helps thanks.

To me he has earned some good will by providing the support for the football program that whobut3 described in his post below. If that's not what you are looking for, fine. But it gives me encouragement that he's addressing some of the issues we were facing.

"This was one of Dino's sticking points and something he was promised by Coyle. Having a jet is something most if not ALL P5 schools have as it helps with right recruiting windows.

To the other poster who asked what has John done? Just because it's something we fans cannot see, doesn't mean he's simply sitting on his hands. He has done ALOT behind the scenes. Increasing the staff size and giving Dino an entire marketing department dedicated to football is exhibit 1A"

To me he has earned some good will by providing the support for the football program that whobut3 described in his post below. If that's not what you are looking for, fine. But it gives me encouragement that he's addressing some of the issues we were facing.

"This was one of Dino's sticking points and something he was promised by Coyle. Having a jet is something most if not ALL P5 schools have as it helps with right recruiting windows.

To the other poster who asked what has John done? Just because it's something we fans cannot see, doesn't mean he's simply sitting on his hands. He has done ALOT behind the scenes. Increasing the staff size and giving Dino an entire marketing department dedicated to football is exhibit 1A"
See I can respect a response that isn’t a passive aggresssive cheat pop for likes post like the one I responded to last time.

I just think Wildhack hasn’t proven anything yet. He has been par. Not good not bad.

Honest question what pub?

ESPN didn’t give us anything they wouldn’t have for all schools if they beat #2 as the only game on air.

We played on Friday before. I want Wildhack to do well. I don’t see this stuff he has done.

The chancellor before bought into athletics. Cantor spent like a drunken sailor but she was committed to athletics. She let Dr. Gross spend crazy money on the Olympic sports.

What has Wildhack done?
He did give the Jet service to Dino so I give him that. I gave him credit when he did that but he hasn’t done all this stuff to deserve this faith yet.

What tangible things do you think a fan can see of an AD?

What tangible things do you think a fan can see of an AD?
No offense but after Friday I am done with you for a while. Somebody else ask the same thing and I will respond.

You ask the same questions, and yes complain, over and over and over in multiple threads about the same people. Wildhack, Syverud, the BOT. You're never happy about any of them and constantly question their competence.

No offense but after Friday I am done with you for a while. Somebody else ask the same thing and I will respond.

Lol. Oh yea, you thought every play was a penalty on clemson and every penalty on SU was bogus. You made that claim about a 1,000 times too.

You ask the same questions, and yes complain, over and over and over in multiple threads about the same people. Wildhack, Syverud, the BOT. You're never happy about any of them and constantly question their competence.
You want me not to talk about them make a rule and I will follow it.

We should probably wait until the rest of the season plays out before we talk about this stuff.

Or at least the end of the weekend.

Agreed, but the local media(Axe, Mink) didn’t let everyone out of the Dome yet on Friday and they were already trolling the fans with Dino leaving so it’s hard to blame people.

They did the same last year after the VPI win as well.

Last edited:
I didn’t say he was sitting on his hands.

I want to know what he has done to earn this goodwill.

Dr. Gross did a great job with all sports except football.

I am wondering what Wildhack has done. I think people like him because they know him or his ESPN background. I don’t dislike the guy but I want to see results before I give faith.

Gross did far from a "great job." Did he do some good thing? Sure. But the damage he did (financially especially) is something we will be digging out of for another couple of years at least.

Gross never met a camera he didn't like. Just because John is not out boasting what he did doesn't mean things aren't getting done.

The direct quote I got was "we inherited a *hitstorm"

Why do you think Coyle was looking to get out of dodge. Gross did not do a great job. Other sports included.

Asking questions is fine. Demanding action *now* is kind of silly when one doesn’t know what has transpired between Babers, Wildhack, Syverud and the BOT.

And most people who have some knowledge of things are telling people to relax.

Asking questions is fine. Demanding action *now* is kind of silly when one doesn’t know what has transpired between Babers, Wildhack, Syverud and the BOT.

And most people who have some knowledge of things are telling people to relax.
All I have done is ask questions about Wildhack.
I have confidence he will do everything he can to keep Dino as I give him the confidence he isn’t a moron.
If the guy has done a good job okay but I was asking what he has done.
I gave Wildhack props in June when the jet service news was announced.

Gross did far from a "great job." Did he do some good thing? Sure. But the damage he did (financially especially) is something we will be digging out of for another couple of years at least.

Gross never met a camera he didn't like. Just because John is not out boasting what he did doesn't mean things aren't getting done.

The direct quote I got was "we inherited a *hitstorm"

Why do you think Coyle was looking to get out of dodge. Gross did not do a great job. Other sports included.
Fair enough I trust you are saying the most you can.

You want me not to talk about them make a rule and I will follow it.

Talk about them. But you complain about each of them more than any 10 posters together.

See I can respect a response that isn’t a passive aggresssive cheat pop for likes post like the one I responded to last time.

I just think Wildhack hasn’t proven anything yet. He has been par. Not good not bad.

Bet you saw the locker room speech last year and the one Saturday. You really didn’t notice the difference nor the bigger staff resources etc? :rolleyes: I want Dino’s requests respected and fulfilled and that should be and it sure appears to be the AD’s priority. Who do you think helped get the PR the team has been getting from ESPN etc to air those locker room speeches? Everyone else sees it, if you don’t, maybe some quiet reflection is warranted. If you truly support Dino then take the time and a little effort to call his show and ask him instead of constantly berating SU admins, moderators and posters who disagree with you etc.

Bet you saw the locker room speech last year and the one Saturday. You really didn’t notice the difference nor the bigger staff resources etc? :rolleyes: I want Dino’s requests respected and fulfilled and that should be and it sure appears to be the AD’s priority. Who do you think helped get the PR the team has been getting from ESPN etc to air those locker room speeches? Everyone else sees it, if you don’t, maybe some quiet reflection is warranted. If you truly support Dino then take the time and a little effort to call his show and ask him instead of constantly berating SU admins, moderators, posters who disagree with you etc.
To be fair it’s one moderator but the rest good post you got me.

Agreed, but the local media(Axe, Mink) didn’t let everyone out of the Dome yet on Friday and they were already trolling the fans with Dino leaving so it’s hard to blame people.

They did the same last year after the VPI win as well.

They are pot stirring clowns because it gives them some “dramatic” material to work with and that makes their jobs easier. Wish people wouldn’t humor them by even talking about it or buying into it. They’re making up a narrative, not reporting on anything that’s real.

All I have done is ask questions about Wildhack.
I have confidence he will do everything he can to keep Dino as I give him the confidence he isn’t a moron.
If the guy has done a good job okay but I was asking what he has done.
I gave Wildhack props in June when the jet service news was announced.

Your first post in this thread told Wildhack to do something fast. That’s not a question, it’s a demand for immediate action. It’s silly.

Geez, enjoy the weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom