Expectations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Expectations

There was a 4th and 41 at the SU 5 yard line with 3:52 to go in the third quarter. We started the drive on our 21, had a 15 yard penalty on Clemson...and then the stuff hit the fan with a holding call, an OPI on Ishmael and a sack...

Damn, I must have fallen asleep.

Re: Talent v. Remaining opponents

BC: We have faster and better talent. NOt sure their D can hang with our offense through four quarters. They will be tough, but without substitutions and being run constantly, their D will wear down.

Wake: We have better talent and should have won last year. That game was a fluke, the visit the Dome.

Louisville: NOt sure they have better talent. Our kids are good and they play better "Team" ball right now. Jackson will wear down, he is the offense. Their O line is a work in progress - if any fan base should understand that, we should! Their D let the BC offense score 40+, not bad for a team that usually can't score that much in three games.

FSU: They have better talent but they are beat up. We cannot take them lightly, but the injury bug is their problem this season and not ours. We can hang with them and have a decent opportunity to beat them, if it's close going into the fourth, the Orange probably win.

Miami: They have better talent and they are playing well enough. However, they have not played a team like SU and they have not been tested against a team that will wear down their D. Playing GATech did no good for Miami, they were physically beat up. Winnable game, but still favors Miami. If they are looking beyond Syracuse, they will pay for it.

Considering we were close to beating LSU and NCstate, an expectation of two (BC/Wake) is the floor. Winning three (BC/Wake and one of FSU/Louisville) is probable. Winning four, any combination, would be sweet. Running the table will be tough but is mathematically possible, though I would not put the chances of such above 10%.

The above assumes no major injuries.

Damn, I must have fallen asleep.
No, I think you were just trying really hard to convince yourself the refs were not biased. Extreme cognitive dissonance has been shown to have dramatic effects on short-term memory. Worse than drugs.

No, I think you were just trying really hard to convince yourself the refs were not biased. Extreme cognitive dissonance has been shown to have dramatic effects on short-term memory. Worse than drugs.

Nah. That didn't take much convincing.

Pick em vs UM and FSU, taking one of them (which in and of itself is an amazing statement of how far the program has come). One or two W's vs wake/BC, but BC's RB is a beast so likely one there. Lville qb remains unstoppable so an L there. So 6-6 and anything else is gravy.

Pick em vs UM and FSU, taking one of them (which in and of itself is an amazing statement of how far the program has come). One or two W's vs wake/BC, but BC's RB is a beast so likely one there. Lville qb remains unstoppable so an L there. So 6-6 and anything else is gravy.

I’m not sure Louisville can stop anyone either. Will be a shootout, I wouldn’t count us out.

The toughest remaining game is Miami. Then FSU. I could see dropping one or both - then going on a run to get to 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom