Exposed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Exposed

Apples and Oranges. Hurley had a lot of success as a head coach before UCONN. He also was very close to making the tourney during the pandemic year.
I don’t believe it for a second. UConn fans wanted him fired. If Red has those same results you guys would want Red fired too.

And UConn wasn’t even close to being on the 2020 bracketmatrix.

Just watch Forbes at Wake Forest. He just reloads a new point guard every year.
Wake doesn’t have NIL issues anymore because the boosters are buying into Forbe’s success

I agree that we’ve probably overachieved thus far. I’m gonna give Red at least two or three recruiting cycles to make this his team. I don’t care what kind of coach you are - if you have who we have, you’re not gonna outclass teams like UNC. We need to improve our recruiting and it seems like we are starting to do that.
This is not football. You do not have to replace 22-50 players on offense, defense, special teams. It takes 1 year to fix with incoming recruits and the portal. 2 more years of this after this season? That would be 5 years (including JB's last 2 years) out of the tournament. That would be unacceptable.

I’m most concerned that we didn’t even compete today. I think Red will be fine going forward but this isn’t an NIT level team.
Yeah that was concerning. Lack of effort, saw a lot of possessions that guys gave up on. I don't expect them to beat Duke, Unc in year 1 but a blowout like that is concerning. Duke, I thought they were competitive at least.

Does he? I hope you are correct.
I’m operating on the assumption he’s going to recruit over a number of guys in the portal. It helps me get through. If he doesn’t this Spring, that’s the point I’ll start to worry about Red and other leadership.

So many players to like on this team and sorry if you disagree. Judah, Maliq, Q, and Bell have all had their moments and contributed to winning. I love watching them excel and am hopeful for their future and the entire team, Red and staff included.

Tough times indeed as jordoo said. But I'm a lifelong fan and will never give up on them. Always believe it's coming our way again.

Exposed today? If you or anyone watching didn’t know before you don’t watch basketball.
Yeah I knew beforehand to a great extent, but this one made me look without any orange tinting.

I didn't expect NCAA tournament this year but I do set that expectation next season. If he fails to make the tournament in year 1 and 2 then he's on the hot seat for year three.

With that being said, I won't overreact. Team is mediocre and that is ok for now in year 1

Wake doesn’t have NIL issues anymore because the boosters are buying into Forbe’s success
What success? This will be his first successful season by our standards.

For those calling for a complete roster overhaul, who do we have the talk with? I’ll start with Hima, who didn’t even start at Duquesne. Where does he stand academically? Can he graduate this year? We, unbelievably, actually gave him a scholarship!. And then Carey, who I can’t imagine will ever be able to play well at this level.
Beyond that, it’s a very tough conversation with anyone else. Benny will graduate next year - can we really kick him to the curb? Or JT? Or Naheem, who just transferred in?

Last edited:
I feel like I have seen this disgusted look from Gerry too many times in recent years, it's like a stock photo for after a loss even though they didn't wear suits today

For those calling for a complete roster overhaul, who do we have the talk with? I’ll start with Hima, who didn’t even start at Duquesne. Where does he stand academically? Can he graduate this year? We, unbelievably, actually gave him a scholarship!. And then Carey, who I can’t imagine will ever be able to play well at this level.
Beyond that, it’s a very tough conversation with anyone else. Benny will graduate next year - can we really kick him to the curb? Or JT? Or Naheem?
Anyone can be kicked to the curb except Maliq at this point

Beyond that, it’s a very tough conversation with anyone else. Benny will graduate next year - can we really kick him to the curb? Or JT? Or Naheem?
Benny, Bell, JT, McLeod, Hima, Carey. Only keep Patterson if they think he can start by junior year. Keep one of JT or Bell for depth but without a big role.

What is a cycle here? If it's two or three years, ok, cool. More than that? Nah
He gets about 730 more days from today, overall around 3 years on the job.

Judah cannot even be bothered to get back on D. They had a free run, missed a dunk & a 2nd UNC player whom had been behind or even with Mintz got that rebound and laid it in. Mintz couldn't even be bothered to be in frame. Its embarrassing.

Hats off to the dudes still diving for loose balls when we were down 30.

Georgia Tech first year coach with a worse roster and they beat Dook at home and just played them to the final whistle in Cameron. Don't need to hear excuses.

Beyond that, it’s a very tough conversation with anyone else. Benny will graduate next year - can we really kick him to the curb? Or JT? Or Naheem, who just transferred in?
Keep Brown & Q.
Hard conversations with everyone else.

I feel like I have seen this disgusted look from Gerry too many times in recent years, it's like a stock photo for after a loss even though they didn't wear suits today
I don’t think there is any evidence that there is anything wrong with GMac’s disposition. I would speculate that he is simply a very competitive man and he hates losing. Everyone can speculate, but nobody knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom