Class of 2015 - F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse

Alex Kline@TheRecruitScoop 13m
Syracuse has offered 2015 forward Tyler Lydon of New Hampton (NH).

Must have made a good impression for the staff at the Elite Camp.
I can see why, with his size and touch from 3? Watching his vid, I was thinking, "stretch 4". but he could be a stretch 3 at the college level.

Isn't this the same school that Poetry in Moten attended?

Last edited:
Kid looks like a great shooter, even if the shot seems a little mechanical. As long as it goes in consistently!

He seems like more of an "ACC recruit" than who we have brought in in recent years. Athletic, but maybe not overly athletic, with the ability to shoot. We don't get too many like this.

Hit the weight room Tyler!

We must have ALL the Tylers.
No doubt ... has Duke written all over him, especially with that shooting touch. Anyone think, "Alex Murphy"?

Good to see as well as the Kitchener Power Forward, I am biased but feel it is important to keep the Canadian Pipeline going.

Isn't Malachi really a 2 guard?
Malachi is currently stuck between the SG/SF position. Doesn't handle the rock well enough to consistently play the 2, which is why many project him to be a wing on the next level.

Very interesting. Either we aren't as in as good of shape as we on the board think with Jones or Bryant, coaches actually see this kid as a huge top of the zone 2 so Richardson is out, or this kid REALLY REALLY blew the coaches away at camp and they were willing to forgo a chance with another big recruit to lock this kid down before he blew up.

I would place my money on the above. JB has an ability to see forward with these kids better than any other coach in America. His compass points toward those kids that are under the radar in terms of being considered the cream of their recruiting class and he plucks them out from among the multitudes and crafts our team with a fine blend of 5 stars, 4 stars and his under the radar wunderkinds who can contribute greatly to the program. Although it was pretty much a complete surprise to log on here and see that Tyler3 had committed, you know that there must be a special quality that JB and the staff have discerned since they offered immediately after the elite camp this year.

My bet is that this kid is going to get a lot of love when he suits up in Orange. Watch out ACC we can come to the court with bigs who rain 3's too!!!

I would place my money on the above. JB has an ability to see forward with these kids better than any other coach in America. His compass points toward those kids that are under the radar in terms of being considered the cream of their recruiting class and he plucks them out from among the multitudes and crafts our team with a fine blend of 5 stars, 4 stars and his under the radar wunderkinds who can contribute greatly to the program. Although it was pretty much a complete surprise to log on here and see that Tyler3 had committed, you know that there must be a special quality that JB and the staff have discerned since they offered immediately after the elite camp this year.

My bet is that this kid is going to get a lot of love when he suits up in Orange. Watch out ACC we can come to the court with bigs who rain 3's too!!!

Is it possible (and maybe hopefully it is) that Hop is the guy that keeps pushing JB to get these under the radar kids early? Maybe he identifies them and convinces JB to go all in? I obviously don't know the ins and outs of our recruiting like so many on here, but how much, over the past 15-20 years, is Hop involved with locating and targeting these types of kids? And if it is more on him, that's another great sign for the program going forward.

Go ahead, rub it in bro!!!
th_chuck.png

Interesting to see him say he was recruited as a 4. So if the staff sees him as a 4, Jones could very well still be high on our list. Maybe this is me hoping, but makes sense if they see Lydon as a 4

I haven't seen Dirk Nowitzki comparison thrown out yet. Hopefully whn he gets here he is 6'10. Dare I see Dirk but a little better athlete

- After watching the highlights, my thought was 1" and a step back jumper and it is a great comparison.
I haven't seen Dirk Nowitzki comparison thrown out yet. Hopefully whn he gets here he is 6'10. Dare I see Dirk but a little better athlete

- [/quot

Last edited:

-
Kyle wiltjer now go lay down.

Interesting to see him say he was recruited as a 4. So if the staff sees him as a 4, Jones could very well still be high on our list. Maybe this is me hoping, but makes sense if they see Lydon as a 4

My hopes are the same - only include Bryant being recruited as a 5. Let's hope it all works out. A class of Bryant, Jones, Lydon, and a ball handler would be amazing.

My hopes are the same - only include Bryant being recruited as a 5. Let's hope it all works out. A class of Bryant, Jones, Lydon, and a ball handler would be amazing.

I think Diagne is in there too, and very soon. I think Diagne would be a better option for the 5? Possibly JB/Hop know Roberson won't last past his Sophmore season too, and want Lydon and Bryant at 4 to go along with Jones at 3, and then whatever guard wants to pass those guys the ball? That's kinda not fair though, no way it could work it so smoothly.

The kid is good and a solid 4* prospect in all the ratings. The mystery for me was that he played for the Stissing Mountain Bombers in Pine Plains. They are located almost in Columbia County. There are only sheep and cows up there. So how did he get to be so good?

A check of the Bombers record for the 2012-13 season shows they went 21-3. Tyler averaged 14.7 ppg. His brother Zach, who is almost as good and is the same size, averaged 14.9 ppg. Obviously helps to have a clone to practice with every day.

Does Tyler have a nickname yet? If not, may I suggest Tyler "turn the" Lydon?

It only works if his name is pronounced the way I think it is.

I think that he looks like Paul Finch from American Pie. But "Shitbrick" is probably not a good nickname. How about Finch?

I suggested "Rotten," as in Johnny "Rotten" Lydon. Or maybe "The Pistol," referencing The Sex Pistols and Lydon.

There are many excellent suggestions in this thread, but we should wait until he makes it on campus. Would be awful to nickname a player for another program.

In my own head, he might be Tyler "Whopper Jr." Lydon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2