Class of 2015 - F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse

Hi all...still in Europe on business...visiting clients. But heard a whisper that you all may find interesting. This recruit is not a 4 star player...c'mon he is white; doesn't play with a great high school, prep school, and he needs to build up his strength...do you all agree with that? Now the whisper, Tyler according to sources is going to be rated top 25 and five star by next summer...that is right; this kid is going to be GREATTTTTTTTTT.

It's Good to Be 'Cuse!! TheOrder of the 'Cuse Orange...

Thanks for the info arbitragegls. I no trouble believing that he is expected to move up big time in the rannkings. Love it when we hit on a big fish before anyone else.

Interesting to see him say he was recruited as a 4. So if the staff sees him as a 4, Jones could very well still be high on our list. Maybe this is me hoping, but makes sense if they see Lydon as a 4

I think looking at him as a stretch 4, and then coupling him with Bryant at the other forward (who is bigger and more physical while also very skilled) is the best match for our front court. I don't think Jones fits as well.

I think looking at him as a stretch 4, and then coupling him with Bryant at the other forward (who is bigger and more physical while also very skilled) is the best match for our front court. I don't think Jones fits as well.

I agree completely if its a choice between Bryant and Jones give me Bryant to play alongside Lydon eveyrtime. I also wonder if we are really still recruiting Jones given that some have said that we are in great shape with Diange and Bryant.

Watched some of his pine plain videos from feb/march and was not impressed. He looked slow laterally defensively, A craig forth verticle, and he wasn't looking to score. Like a 1-2 star recruit max. Then i watched his new england and highlight videos and was wowed. I am guessing playing against better competition helped him evolve. Amazing how much faster, higher he could jump, and more aggressive he looks in his highlight videos over a 6th month period. Must have found the right teacher and is working hard.

Watched some of his pine plain videos from feb/march and was not impressed. He looked slow laterally defensively, A craig forth verticle, and he wasn't looking to score. Like a 1-2 star recruit max. Then i watched his new england and highlight videos and was wowed. I am guessing playing against better competition helped him evolve. Amazing how much faster, higher he could jump, and more aggressive he looks in his highlight videos over a 6th month period. Must have found the right teacher and is working hard.

That is wild! Perhaps he also kind of got used to his body at the same time. Either way I think we got in waaaayy early.

Like this trend - we get players who want to play for Syracuse. None of the pomp and circumstance. Looking at the 2013, 2014, 2015 classes (8 players) only one of them announced on live TV (Roberson, who looked like he didn't even want to be doing it).

Kentucky got their 23rd 5-star recruit under Calipari today (Trey Lyles). Prior to his televised announcement, his "camp" started a rumor that Lyles had a change of heart and was leaning Louisville. This is pretty dirtbaggy.

Refreshing to read the Lydon article today and know that there are players that WANT to play at schools and not NEED to play at schools (because of the one and done rule).

End rant.

Like this trend - we get players who want to play for Syracuse. None of the pomp and circumstance. Looking at the 2013, 2014, 2015 classes (8 players) only one of them announced on live TV (Roberson, who looked like he didn't even want to be doing it).

Kentucky got their 23rd 5-star recruit under Calipari today (Trey Lyles). Prior to his televised announcement, his "camp" started a rumor that Lyles had a change of heart and was leaning Louisville. This is pretty dirtbaggy.

Refreshing to read the Lydon article today and know that there are players that WANT to play at schools and not NEED to play at schools (because of the one and done rule).

End rant.

Speaking of UK, here in Charlotte I got a look at their "40-0" team's exhibition game from last night, & I gotta say, I wasn't too impressed.
Yes, It was just an exhibition, and yes they will get better, but other than a very good Randle and Young, I didn't see an other-worldly talent like Anthony Davis on this year's team.
No one really stood out, and the "veterans" on the team like Cauley-Stein and Proythress looked...ordinary.
UK will be good again, they're too talented not to be. But, just like w/ with Wiggins at KU, I didn't see all this transcendent talent that everyone is raving about.
They couldn't keep the Montvallo(?) guards in front of them, & come March I could definitely see some plucky mid-Major shooting lights out, and taking UK down. WE shall see.

BZSZFDgIAAAb4_N.jpg:large

City League Hoops:

Tyler Lydon, 6’9, SF, PF, New Hampton (NH), 2015- A player who we were excited to get a glimpse of was 2015 Syracuse commit Tyler Lydon, and he did not disappoint whatsoever. A skilled 6’9 forward, Lydon offers the versatility to play either forward spot for spurts on the floor. While he’s a natural power forward, his passing and ability to facilitate for others make him vicious facing the basket. Additionally, despite his narrow frame, Tyler had no problem mixing it up in the paint and was successful via his length/athleticism.

Big dunk from Tyler Lydon this weekend starts this short mix. Lydon looks bigger, but lack of strength has still been a concern.

Do you know who 55 is??

Had a chance to see Lydon today at the National Prep Showcase in New Haven. Lydon doesn't jump out at you at first, but the more you watch him you begin to see why SU likes him. Lydon doesn't look to score much (probably only took six shots in this game) and is a very unselfish team player. He simply does a lot of things well. I had Lydon for 13 points and maybe 13 rebounds in New Hampton Prep's 71-62 win over Massanutten Military Academy. Most of his points came in the final minutes when Massanutten was looking to stop the clock and elected to foul Lydon in non-shooting situations. Lydon is a terrific free throw shooter. He made all six of his free thows in the final minutes when New Hampton was trying to preserve the win. He was 8 for 8 from the line overall, and seven of those were nothing but net. With about 12 minutes left, Lydon turned his ankle and left the game. It didn't look like he'd return, but they took him to the locker room, probably taped him, and he was back about four minutes later. Lydon is a very fundamentally sound player. Sets picks well, passes well and has a pretty good handle. He was 1-2 from three and scored his other basket on a drive from the top of the key. Lydon is 6-8 and probably 180-185 pounds. He is rail thin and needs to put on about 20 pounds of muscle before he gets to SU in two years. Gaining strength and getting bigger will be his biggest issue.

I'll check in later tonight after I get a chance to see Kaleb Joseph play.

Had a chance to see Lydon today at the National Prep Showcase in New Haven. Lydon doesn't jump out at you at first, but the more you watch him you begin to see why SU likes him. Lydon doesn't look to score much (probably only took six shots in this game) and is a very unselfish team player. He simply does a lot of things well. I had Lydon for 13 points and maybe 13 rebounds in New Hampton Prep's 71-62 win over Massanutten Military Academy. Most of his points came in the final minutes when Massanutten was looking to stop the clock and elected to foul Lydon in non-shooting situations. Lydon is a terrific free throw shooter. He made all six of his free thows in the final minutes when New Hampton was trying to preserve the win. He was 8 for 8 from the line overall, and seven of those were nothing but net. With about 12 minutes left, Lydon turned his ankle and left the game. It didn't look like he'd return, but they took him to the locker room, probably taped him, and he was back about four minutes later. Lydon is a very fundamentally sound player. Sets picks well, passes well and has a pretty good handle. He was 1-2 from three and scored his other basket on a drive from the top of the key. Lydon is 6-8 and probably 180-185 pounds. He is rail thin and needs to put on about 20 pounds of muscle before he gets to SU in two years. Gaining strength and getting bigger will be his biggest issue.

I'll check in later tonight after I get a chance to see Kaleb Joseph play.

Good write up.
tee1222 give this guy a golden Tee