F1 2022 Season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

F1 2022 Season

Disliked him at Red Bull in the same way I dislike Lewis at Mercedes. I hate dominance and he was certainly dominant. Think both are excellent human beings from what I see and read.
I look at Max in a similar way. The example I gave a friend the other day is this and I hope it makes sense. As a Red Sox fan I hated Jeter, but at no point was that hate ever out of a true dislike, I hated how good he always was, and how much better he made that team. Didn't hate the man, but hated the team he was on, and how much better they were because of him. I like Lewis still mainly because I dig what he has done as a person, I think he has gone through a lot over the years to gain that success, and some of it had little to do with him as a driver.

I look at Max in a similar way. The example I gave a friend the other day is this and I hope it makes sense. As a Red Sox fan I hated Jeter, but at no point was that hate ever out of a true dislike, I hated how good he always was, and how much better he made that team. Didn't hate the man, but hated the team he was on, and how much better they were because of him. I like Lewis still mainly because I dig what he has done as a person, I think he has gone through a lot over the years to gain that success, and some of it had little to do with him as a driver.
I'm feeling the same way about Max now as well. He's been my favorite driver since he was at Toro Rosso as that was when I 1st became a full on fan that set alarms for Saturday morning qualifying. He's been my guy since that point and I was ecstatic last year for the battle with Lewis.

This year though I find myself rooting for chaos more than Max to win. I almost feel like I root for the entire field vs Max right now. F1 is a really strange thing where I don't really dislike anyone and get really excited about a random mid-field guy grabbing a podium.

I'm feeling the same way about Max now as well. He's been my favorite driver since he was at Toro Rosso as that was when I 1st became a full on fan that set alarms for Saturday morning qualifying. He's been my guy since that point and I was ecstatic last year for the battle with Lewis.

This year though I find myself rooting for chaos more than Max to win. I almost feel like I root for the entire field vs Max right now. F1 is a really strange thing where I don't really dislike anyone and get really excited about a random mid-field guy grabbing a podium.
I’m the same way. I tend to root more for the race to be interesting. I love the first lap and if you find me a race with multiple restarts it’s fun. That and when there is actually a question of what the podium will look like. When it’s Max and Leclerc out front with. I real fighting I’ll immediately shift my attention to the midfield.

I’m the same way. I tend to root more for the race to be interesting. I love the first lap and if you find me a race with multiple restarts it’s fun. That and when there is actually a question of what the podium will look like. When it’s Max and Leclerc out front with. I real fighting I’ll immediately shift my attention to the midfield.
Imagine you loved quali as much as I did then. Things are setup for a great morning though I think Sainz has a shot to grab the lead immediately and never give it up.

Ferrari is sooooo bad
I know I'm new here, but if Ferrari doesn't clean house at the end of the season... I just don't get it. I have no clue what I'm talking about, but after watching KMag for 5 laps, even I knew the hard tire wasn't the way to go.

For a track that's historically tough to pass at, today was pretty exciting all the way through. Once Russell grabbed pole, we were hoping today was going to be his day. Glad he held on for the double podium tho.

I need to get better at handling my HDS (HAAS Delusion Syndrome). I've been pumped for these upgrade for weeks and meh. Hopefully they got enough data to learn from and spend the next few weeks figuring out how to make it fast.
Can we make the front wing out of something besides card board? Everytime KMag gets near someone, he's ripping up a front wing. (I mean, not really, but you get my point lol)

Anytime Vettel finishes higher than Stroll is a plus for me.

I'm hoping to find some time this week to go back and watch last years race. Ocon won, Williams had double points? That must of been a fun one.

I pulled the trigger on F1tv last week to give it a shot. Came in handy, as ESPN was again a couple hours behind on the replay. We had the baby playing with us the whole race, so I didn't bust out the laptop or another TV for any in car or data footage. I signed up for a month of the "live" version, just to see if I liked it- I think I'm going to just do the "non live" version through the rest of the year. Will watch the live ones on espn.

The analrapist above mentioned that he (and probably everyone else in the world) really enjoys a race with multiple restarts. Why not eliminate the VSC all together?* I realize it saves so much more time than a full safety car, but the level of excitement it would provide would be off the charts. Imagine the top 6 cars all pitting for fresh tires under caution, with a two lap shootout to decide the race?!

What the heck are we supposed to do for a month?!

*I know I know, here comes the new guy that doesn't understand the sport trying to come up with ideas to ruin it.

Last edited:
I know I'm new here, but if Ferrari doesn't clean house at the end of the season... I just don't get it. I have no clue what I'm talking about, but after watching KMag for 5 laps, even I knew the hard tire wasn't the way to go.

For a track that's historically tough to pass at, today was pretty exciting all the way through. Once Russell grabbed pole, we were hoping today was going to be his day. Glad he held on for the double podium tho.

I need to get better at handling my HDS (HAAS Delusion Syndrome). I've been pumped for these upgrade for weeks and meh. Hopefully they got enough data to learn from and spend the next few weeks figuring out how to make it fast.
Can we make the front wing out of something besides card board? Everytime KMag gets near someone, he's ripping up a front wing. (I mean, not really, but you get my point lol)

Anytime Vettel finishes higher than Stroll is a plus for me.

I'm hoping to find some time this week to go back and watch last years race. Ocon won, Williams had double points? That must of been a fun one.

I pulled the trigger on F1tv last week to give it a shot. Came in handy, as ESPN was again a couple hours behind on the replay. We had the baby playing with us the whole race, so I didn't bust out the laptop or another TV for any in car or data footage. I signed up for a month of the "live" version, just to see if I liked it- I think I'm going to just do the "non live" version through the rest of the year. Will watch the live ones on espn.

The analrapist above mentioned that he (and probably everyone else in the world) really enjoys a race with multiple restarts. Why not eliminate the VSC all together?* I realize it saves so much more time than a full safety car, but the level of excitement it would provide would be off the charts. Imagine the top 6 cars all pitting for fresh tires under caution, with a two lap shootout to decide the race?!

What the heck are we supposed to do for a month?!

*I know I know, here comes the new guy that doesn't understand the sport trying to come up with ideas to ruin it.
Ferrari is handing Merc podiums. If they had even average race strategy Merc wouldnt be up there. I dont understand how you can have the brilliant minds who built this maistro of a car under the same roof as this strategy team. It wasnt even the hard tire choice which they had info on from other cars, but also early on pitting on mediums to counter Merc pitting on softs, at the same time? What are they doing...

Ferrari is handing Merc podiums. If they had even average race strategy Merc wouldnt be up there. I dont understand how you can have the brilliant minds who built this maistro of a car under the same roof as this strategy team. It wasnt even the hard tire choice which they had info on from other cars, but also early on pitting on mediums to counter Merc pitting on softs, at the same time? What are they doing...
The early pit stop is what made me lose my mind. They completely surrendered the advantage of the mediums for absolutely no reason. They should have each ran another 10 laps or so. Worst case you bring in 1 of the 2. Instead they killed both guys by bringing them in early and going med-med.

Alonso is a perfect fit as Vettel replacement. Can't be putting a kid in the seat next to daddy's boy. Pretty cool that Aston is spending real money trying to make themselves a top team.

Alonso is a perfect fit as Vettel replacement. Can't be putting a kid in the seat next to daddy's boy. Pretty cool that Aston is spending real money trying to make themselves a top team.
Yea, I like it. F1 rumormill had Mick slated for that spot yesterday. Glad that didn't happen.

Both Zhou and Mick's contracts expire at the end of the season. For a bit, I was convinced that Mick was going to end up in Zhou's seat because of the Ferrari connection. Until Mick announced that he wasn't going to continue in the Ferrari drivers academy. I don't know much about these "academies" besides it seems like red bull drivers drive for red bull, ferrari for ferrari, and drivers can be loaned out, yada yada. Does everyone belong to an academy? Sounds like I have more homework.

Yuki's contract expires at the end of this season as well. There's got to be another up and comer in the Red Bull camp that can at least not yell at people all day long. Oh Yuki, I was pullin for ya, bud.

Albon and Latifi both have expiring contracts. Are we nearing the end of GOATifi?

I'd really like to see Albon get out of Williams and into one of the open seats next season. Idk if its just the Thai thing, or his personality, but he's been a fav of mine since I started following.

Other rumors I've been hearing from the ol internets-
Albon is set to drive for Williams again next year. Sounds like Latifi is out, leaving room for Sargeant.

Danny Ric back to Alpine, Piastri drives the McLaren (At first I didn't give this much thought... But Ricciardo is really struggling trying to figure out that McLaren, maybe this is his best shot?)

Are we going to see the return of NIKO HULKENBERG?! (I know next to nothing about Niko, but I've never liked him. Is he an unlikable dude?)

Yea, I like it. F1 rumormill had Mick slated for that spot yesterday. Glad that didn't happen.

Both Zhou and Mick's contracts expire at the end of the season. For a bit, I was convinced that Mick was going to end up in Zhou's seat because of the Ferrari connection. Until Mick announced that he wasn't going to continue in the Ferrari drivers academy. I don't know much about these "academies" besides it seems like red bull drivers drive for red bull, ferrari for ferrari, and drivers can be loaned out, yada yada. Does everyone belong to an academy? Sounds like I have more homework.

Yuki's contract expires at the end of this season as well. There's got to be another up and comer in the Red Bull camp that can at least not yell at people all day long. Oh Yuki, I was pullin for ya, bud.

Albon and Latifi both have expiring contracts. Are we nearing the end of GOATifi?

I'd really like to see Albon get out of Williams and into one of the open seats next season. Idk if its just the Thai thing, or his personality, but he's been a fav of mine since I started following.

Other rumors I've been hearing from the ol internets-
Albon is set to drive for Williams again next year. Sounds like Latifi is out, leaving room for Sargeant.

Danny Ric back to Alpine, Piastri drives the McLaren (At first I didn't give this much thought... But Ricciardo is really struggling trying to figure out that McLaren, maybe this is his best shot?)

Are we going to see the return of NIKO HULKENBERG?! (I know next to nothing about Niko, but I've never liked him. Is he an unlikable dude?)
Hulkenberg is plenty likable. I would say that Latifi is gone for sure. Piastri to the open Alpine seat is a safe bet. Beyond that there may not be much movement unless Mick gets the boot. Albon had his shot at a flagship Red Bull seat, he's going to be happy to have a seat at Williams.

Big sale going on at fuelforfans.com. Just wasted a bunch of money on Checo and Alpha gear.

Hulkenberg is plenty likable. I would say that Latifi is gone for sure. Piastri to the open Alpine seat is a safe bet. Beyond that there may not be much movement unless Mick gets the boot. Albon had his shot at a flagship Red Bull seat, he's going to be happy to have a seat at Williams.

Big sale going on at fuelforfans.com. Just wasted a bunch of money on Checo and Alpha gear.

I have no clue what's driving my dislike for Hulkenberg. Random.

Yeaaaa, I'm pulling for some weird redemption run for Albon lol I want to see him grab a mid pack ride and do well in it. An Albon Lando McLaren line up would have me giving fuelforfans.com every dollar I had.

Thanks for that link by the way! No HAAS gear, but I've booked marked it and will keep checking back

Alex is easy to pull for because he is just an A+ dude. Lots of stuff out there about things he does off the track, I remeber seeing some stuff about an orphanage. Hes done well with his Williams redemption drive. And hes such a hard working soft spoken kid. Whats not to like.

Have seen the same rumors. I think Alex Mick and Zou all stay put.

We're going to have Fernando for atleast 2 more years and I love it.

I hope whoever is paired with Ocon puts that in his place. Would love to see Oscar give him some trouble right out the gate his rookie year.

I have no clue what's driving my dislike for Hulkenberg. Random.

Yeaaaa, I'm pulling for some weird redemption run for Albon lol I want to see him grab a mid pack ride and do well in it. An Albon Lando McLaren line up would have me giving fuelforfans.com every dollar I had.

Thanks for that link by the way! No HAAS gear, but I've booked marked it and will keep checking back
Yeah I'm not sure why there was nothing from Haas. Was going to grab something so ended up with an Alpha shirt as Gasly is one of my 2 or 3 favorites.

Whelp. Alpine is saying he's driving for them next year, Piastri is saying he's not.

This is the kinda juice I needed to get me through summer break.

1659468011974.png

This is just amazing. I cant stop laughing. Solid content, solid summer break already.

Edit*

My poor guy Danny Ric, hes gotta be sweating after that tweet

View attachment 218662
This is just amazing. I cant stop laughing. Solid content, solid summer break already.

Edit*

My poor guy Danny Ric, hes gotta be sweating after that tweet
I also heard that Alpine learned that Alonzo was leaving, from the Aston Martin press release lol

EDit- I had kind of assumed that Ocon's antics Sunday was a direct result of Alonzo's departure, but I guess not

I also heard that Alpine learned that Alonzo was leaving, from the Aston Martin press release lol

EDit- I had kind of assumed that Ocon's antics Sunday was a direct result of Alonzo's departure, but I guess not
I dont have IG but according to the F1 reddit Alonso has been trolling this entire time too. Otmar said he hasnt talked to Alonso since hes out in the Med on a boat by some greek islands, Alonso responds by putting up a picture on his IG story of him in Spain karting... Piastri counters Alpines statement about him driving this year, Alonso posts a cheeky IG story. Piastri started liking a bunch of Alonso's pics of him karting too. It's going to be real awkward in the Alpine garage once summer break is over.

I dont have IG but according to the F1 reddit Alonso has been trolling this entire time too. Otmar said he hasnt talked to Alonso since hes out in the Med on a boat by some greek islands, Alonso responds by putting up a picture on his IG story of him in Spain karting... Piastri counters Alpines statement about him driving this year, Alonso posts a cheeky IG story. Piastri started liking a bunch of Alonso's pics of him karting too. It's going to be real awkward in the Alpine garage once summer break is over.
This stuff is pretty hilarious. What a turd Oscar is at the end of the day. You're an Alpine academy driver and seat is open with the best midfield team. Instead gonna blow a full year and hope McLaren is good in 2024?

This stuff is pretty hilarious. What a turd Oscar is at the end of the day. You're an Alpine academy driver and seat is open with the best midfield team. Instead gonna blow a full year and hope McLaren is good in 2024?
I’m not so sure that’s what’s going down... There's still a lot of speculation on what’s going to happen. He could end up at Williams for a year via McLaren paying for the seat and then over to replace Danny, he could do that with same thing will Merc while waiting for Lewis to go. McLaren could buy out Dannys last year and he could go McLaren from the jump. I don't think there’s a way he firmly turns down that Apline drive if he doesn't have a definitive drive lined up for next year.

I also think there’s a lot going on with Alpine behind the scene and that it might make it a pretty toxic place and not a place you want to be if you can avoid it. The ousting of Prost and Cyril and that whole crew went down rather bad. How you can treat a legend like Prost that way, specially as a French team... They go and add Otmar as TP which was head scratching. Ocon who isn't going anywhere is pretty hated on the paddock by all reports, there arn't many driver that he gets along with. Alonso who clearly gets along with Piastri clearly doesn't with Alpine leadership which I'm sure has an influence. On top of that CEO Laurent Rossi has been vocal in supposedly not wanting any help leading the team even though he has a whopping 2 years now of any experience what so ever in motorsport. If you were privy to all that plus more behind the scenes we don't know I don't blame him for wanting a better environment. You get like 2 season in F1, maybe even 1, to prove yourself before you get bounced for non performance you have to make it count.

Apparently Ricciardo was informed by McLaren after the Hungarian GP that they are giving his seat to Piastri. Clearly the car doesn't suit Ricciardo's style, and I read a great article that highlights why, and how much he needs to adapt vs what Lando has had to adapt to. All of that said Alpine believes they have contractual rights to Piastri, and will likely posture a lawsuit to ensure that they get some form of compensation. Ricciardo has basically asked for $21 million to be bought out of his contract, not sure if that is to stay on the shelf for the year or to be free and clear, my assumption is the former. Mclaren will need to help facilitate a multi-year landing spot to reduce that number I believe. Ricciardo probably benefits from the move, but contracts are there for a reason and he now carries all of the leverage.

Apparently Ricciardo was informed by McLaren after the Hungarian GP that they are giving his seat to Piastri. Clearly the car doesn't suit Ricciardo's style, and I read a great article that highlights why, and how much he needs to adapt vs what Lando has had to adapt to. All of that said Alpine believes they have contractual rights to Piastri, and will likely posture a lawsuit to ensure that they get some form of compensation. Ricciardo has basically asked for $21 million to be bought out of his contract, not sure if that is to stay on the shelf for the year or to be free and clear, my assumption is the former. Mclaren will need to help facilitate a multi-year landing spot to reduce that number I believe. Ricciardo probably benefits from the move, but contracts are there for a reason and he now carries all of the leverage.
Worth it for McLaren though if Piastri is as good as billed (supposedly of the lando, lecrec, etc. class of talent). Alpine gets left with an average talent in Ocon who reportedly doesn't get along with the majority of the drivers on the grid and Alpine has no bright spot for the future. The F2 junior pool right now doesn't really have much in terms of standout drivers, Alpine seems to have taken a big blow driver wise and McLaren looks to be set for the forseably future. Solid shot at a mid field competitor even if they beat them in the contructors this year.

1660756806463.png

Going to need some deep pockets if anyones has plans for this. I think they're going to blow away those sky high Miami prices.

View attachment 219019
Going to need some deep pockets if anyones has plans for this. I think they're going to blow away those sky high Miami prices.
I live 10 minutes from where this is going to run, and I've assumed from the first announcement that I'd be priced out of it. Luckily, I think this is the same weekend as Maui so I haven't cried about it too much.
Just insane. Cheaper for us to catch a race overseas than it would be to watch one here at home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom