F1 2022 Season | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

F1 2022 Season

I live 10 minutes from where this is going to run, and I've assumed from the first announcement that I'd be priced out of it. Luckily, I think this is the same weekend as Maui so I haven't cried about it too much.
Just insane. Cheaper for us to catch a race overseas than it would be to watch one here at home
Exactly why I've hyped Montreal more than any of the US races

View attachment 219019
Going to need some deep pockets if anyones has plans for this. I think they're going to blow away those sky high Miami prices.
Ive already spoken to the MGM group and F1 about hospitality. They let me know they were working out pricing, and would give corporate package preference to sponsors then open them up to the public. When I asked if Miami was a good barometer from a pricing perspective they believed their hotel proximity would actually drive prices higher. Pretty disappointing that it has immediately frozen out the fans, but as someone who entertains clients I can accomplish more at other great events for less money. I received an email yesterday letting me know that they hadn't forgotten about me, but that they had a large influx of sponsors and were already running low on potential packages.

I was down with COVID for a few days last week, so naturally I binged watched the entire DTS series again. I have no clue where my original dislike for Nico and Riccardo came from.

It's race week, gentleman! Finally.

1661212421568.png

Ricciardo is officially a free agent. Where does he end up? Gotta think Alpine or HAAS? Alfa would make sense, but for some reason I've got Mick to Alfa, Ricciardo to HAAS in my head.

Ricciardo is officially a free agent. Where does he end up? Gotta think Alpine or HAAS? Alfa would make sense, but for some reason I've got Mick to Alfa, Ricciardo to HAAS in my head.
Danny was rumored to have been contacted by Gunther, but Gio is also taking some laps in the car this year too. Rather see Danny and Mick in the Alpine and Haas than a third round of Gio.

Danny was rumored to have been contacted by Gunther, but Gio is also taking some laps in the car this year too. Rather see Danny and Mick in the Alpine and Haas than a third round of Gio.
Agree 100%. I would love Ric and Guenther for entertainment purposes only. I'm more willing to watch Ric find some portion of his old form than watch Gio be nondescript at best. My assumption is Gio is very marketable for the Ferrari team being an Italian driver, but I just don't see it.

Yea, I'm with you here. Gio doesn't excite me.

I also wonder if Ricciardo’s discomfort is compounded by trying not to make a mistake. Wonder if a clear mind allows him to drive a little more freely. The car still won’t suit him at all but maybe he takes more chances.

Well that was fun for 10 minutes. Was super excited that has Checo at +2800 from placing it last week. Thought I had a shot for a bit. Nope.

Max is in peak form, just on another level. The way he pulled away from Checo... Just nuts.

Alonso's comments over the radio on Lewis and then finger waving at him as he drove by during the safety car, top form trolling.

Last edited:
Happy to see Albon and Seb grab points.

In other news, I absolutely do not recommend purchasing F1 Manager 22 for PC unless you’re cool with being glued to your computer for 3 days straight (so far).

It’s a pretty solid game. You take over as team principal of one of the 10 teams and control almost every aspect of the teams operations. I took over Haas, of course. Replaced Mick with Doohan mid season after he crashed into Kmag two weeks in a row. Huge time waste, but a decent amount of fun.

In other news, I absolutely do not recommend purchasing F1 Manager 22 for PC unless you’re cool with being glued to your computer for 3 days straight (so far).

It’s a pretty solid game. You take over as team principal of one of the 10 teams and control almost every aspect of the teams operations. I took over Haas, of course. Replaced Mick with Doohan mid season after he crashed into Kmag two weeks in a row. Huge time waste, but a decent amount of fun.
Not much of a gamer but I have had my eye on this. Im cheap so was hoping to grab it on sale. Its on my steam wish list. Good to hear its g2g.

It just get released? I was checking every few weeks for when it would be out.

I just don't understand how F1 can be the pinnacle motorsport, when they literally have none of their shiz together. How are there not standard procedures for every scenario that could happen during a race. It seems like when something happens, everyone turns to each other and says "so how do you wanna handle this one.
No reason a race should end under safety car.
Red flag any safety car event within 3 laps
or
Stop counting safety car laps within 3 laps of the finish
or
Figure out how to have competent track crew.

I don't think I've seen a situation yet (in my very short time watching) where it looked like the track crew had a clue what was going on.

Last edited:
Is it weird that I kind of feel bad for Latifi?
De Vries' face always made him seem unlikable to me, but huge props after this weekend.

Anyone else pull the trigger on F1 Manger yet? Finally got Haas on the podium in my second season. P2 with Kmag. It was a fluke, I got lucky on tire strategy. There's so much I wish I had known going into my first season, which is delaying my climb to the top.

And even though I've tampered my dislike for Nico Hulkenberg, he is not who I want taking Mick's seat at Haas.

Give me DR, or pull the trigger on an up and comer and see what happens.

Is it weird that I kind of feel bad for Latifi?
De Vries' face always made him seem unlikable to me, but huge props after this weekend.

Anyone else pull the trigger on F1 Manger yet? Finally got Haas on the podium in my second season. P2 with Kmag. It was a fluke, I got lucky on tire strategy. There's so much I wish I had known going into my first season, which is delaying my climb to the top.
Nyck could not have had a better audition for an F1 drive, and honestly I dont feel back for Latifi, dudes extremely wealthy he'll be fine, and he got to play around in f1 for long enough. Hes a pretender, should never have had a seat anyways. As pure a pay driver as it gets.

Havent pulled the trigger, been swamped in both personal and proffesional life recently, hoping this calms down soon and I can give it a go. You like it?

Nyck could not have had a better audition for an F1 drive, and honestly I dont feel back for Latifi, dudes extremely wealthy he'll be fine, and he got to play around in f1 for long enough. Hes a pretender, should never have had a seat anyways. As pure a pay driver as it gets.

Havent pulled the trigger, been swamped in both personal and proffesional life recently, hoping this calms down soon and I can give it a go. You like it?

I suggest you hold off until your life slows down a bit, seriously lol. I really dig this game, but it's a crazy time suck unless you halfass it. You can simulate practice sessions, quali, and fast forward through the race, but I'd only recommend that if you're taking over one of the top 3 teams. I think the fastest someone could simulate all three practice sessions, quali, and fast forward through the race would be about 20 mins. I'd say I'm making it through a race weekend in about an hour and a half at my quickest. Depending on how the race goes.

You don't need to actually sit there and watch your cars practice for an hour, but if you just simulate it you lose the ability to work on your car set up, the drivers don't get track or set up experience as fast. I pull up practice, put both cars on hard tires, tweak the set up and let them run 20 laps. (I speed the game up to 16x for those 20 laps) then call them into the garage and tweak some more. My first season, I managed FP1 and simmed FP2-3. I noticed much more driver and car development by managing all three. Figure about 45 mins to run all three, but I'll do other things like clean the pool, do some dishes, and the cars are in the garage by time I get back.

Quali is decent fun, I'm currently trying to figure out how to time it right so I'm not doing my 2nd run in traffic.

For the race, I watch the first lap from an on board camera of one of my cars. Then I speed it up to 8x and monitor weather, tire deg of us and everyone around us, fuel, ERS, and start working on pit strategy.

"During the week" you're designing new parts for this years car, manufacturing those parts, keeping facilities going, researching parts for next years car, scouting drivers and staff.

One of these days when I have a bit more time, I'll go a more in depth if anyone's interested. Very well worth the money, but not sure if it's worth the amount of time I'm spending on it haha. This was the first weekend I've had in 2 months where we weren't traveling, or didn't have house guests, and it's the last weekend for the next month. I spent most of it chilling on the couch trying to get Haas on to a podium haha.

I just don't understand how F1 can be the pinnacle motorsport, when they literally have none of their shiz together. How are there not standard procedures for every scenario that could happen during a race. It seems like when something happens, everyone turns to each other and says "so how do you wanna handle this one.
No reason a race should end under safety car.
Red flag any safety car event within 3 laps
or
Stop counting safety car laps within 3 laps of the finish
or
Figure out how to have competent track crew.

I don't think I've seen a situation yet (in my very short time watching) where it looked like the track crew had a clue what was going on.
I agree with some of this—the spirit of it.
But, they don’t always know how long it will take to clear a hazard, and they can’t just extend a race because the cars don’t have enough fuel.

Not sure what you mean about the track crew. Because it took so long to deal with the stopped car at the end of yesterday’s race? One issue is that the crews are local to each event. So, they do one race weekend each year. And Who knows about retention—if they have to deal with new guys each year, versus repeat service. Either way, that’s not a lot of experience, and they have to deal with both variables and the complications of foreign equipment that is already malfunctioning in some way.

It does seem as if cars were cleared much more quickly in the past. Seems like they used to have cranes all over the track, and plucked cars up almost immediately. I wonder if that’s no longer true because of the Jules Bianchi death? [Damn, I thought that was just 2-3 years ago. It was 2015….]

But, yeah, there is wayyyy too much ambiguity in the most high-tech sport. The resolution of last season’s championship was the most absolute and declarative illustration of the absurdities that are built into the sport. But, every race day there are minor controversies, as drivers have different ideas about what they’re entitled to on track. Some of that has to do with the dynamics and high speeds and reactions and visibilities… but even in slo-mo replays in hindsight and retrospection, they don’t always agree with even what the stewards decide.

I agree with some of this—the spirit of it.
But, they don’t always know how long it will take to clear a hazard, and they can’t just extend a race because the cars don’t have enough fuel.

Not sure what you mean about the track crew. Because it took so long to deal with the stopped car at the end of yesterday’s race? One issue is that the crews are local to each event. So, they do one race weekend each year. And Who knows about retention—if they have to deal with new guys each year, versus repeat service. Either way, that’s not a lot of experience, and they have to deal with both variables and the complications of foreign equipment that is already malfunctioning in some way.

It does seem as if cars were cleared much more quickly in the past. Seems like they used to have cranes all over the track, and plucked cars up almost immediately. I wonder if that’s no longer true because of the Jules Bianchi death? [Damn, I thought that was just 2-3 years ago. It was 2015….]

But, yeah, there is wayyyy too much ambiguity in the most high-tech sport. The resolution of last season’s championship was the most absolute and declarative illustration of the absurdities that are built into the sport. But, every race day there are minor controversies, as drivers have different ideas about what they’re entitled to on track. Some of that has to do with the dynamics and high speeds and reactions and visibilities… but even in slo-mo replays in hindsight and retrospection, they don’t always agree with even what the stewards decide.

Gah, I didn't take fuel into account. ok, so red flag anything that might draw a VSC or a VC within 4 laps? Idk. Sounds like the teams can't agree on what they want either.

Track crew- idk man, every time I see an incident, I see track crew just sitting there staring at each other. Wasn't Vettel who straight up took a fire extinguisher from someone so he could put a fire out in his car? I'm sure there's 100 rules that I'm not aware of, when you are and are not allowed to touch a car on track, I doubt you want someone dumping extinguisher all over your $10m racecar or whatever.

Yea, I kind of expected a forklift/crane type truck parked at every fence/wall opening. I never knew the details of Jules' accident, but if he hit one of those, that would explain why you see far less.
That almost brings up another issue. If you can't slow these cars down to a safe speed to allow crews to clean up an accident as you cruise under safety car, should every incident be a red flag just for safety reasons?

Sorry if I sound like the guy who's watched the sport for 10 minutes and keeps trying to change the rules to "make it better" lol

How did I not know that this was here????

I watch every qualifying session, Sprint race and Race live (Japan may be tricky).
My wife's probably tired of me singing the Dutch national anthem every time that Max wins. At least it's short. :)

My proposal for a near end of race SC (non Red Flag) is an Orange flag (of course!).
SC comes out everyone gets behind and head into the pits, shut off the engines.
When the track is clear, follow the SC out for either just an out lap or an out lap followed by a warm up lap and then go racing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom