Fab Melo to miss Tournament | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fab Melo to miss Tournament

I am with you 100%

Whoever on the staff is responsible for academic oversight should be fired.

Bingo this on the staff and JB totally totally totally unacceptable this only happens to SU, beyond pissed right now.

One can be ruled ineligible for many more things than just academics.

In fact given the timing, academics seems like an unlikely reason.

I suspect the recent Yahoo! story has made folks rather sensitive on the Hill.

now we know why he was taking all the jumpers, showcase baby. I assume that there are good dentists in Europe?

just another black eye for the program.

spare me the "this stuff happens everywhere" bullshit.

Annnnnnnnnnd this is why Rak should have got more time now we are screwed

Yeah, couldn't agree more. Foul trouble, history, etc...lots of reasons to get a competent back-up in place. Never did though...

my money is on Fab playing in Brazil next year (or next week?)

This entire season feels like it has been for nothing now.

How does this happen in the middle of a semester? He was ok to play Friday, but not this coming Thursday? What happened during that timeframe?

I guess it would have been better if he never came back from the first ineligibility. At least then the team would have adjusted to his absense and Christmas would have had much more experience.

How does something like this happen at a major college basketball program?? If it is truely academics, how was this situation not monitored properly?

Such a shame that we have McDonalds AA Freshman players...and yet, they have been given next to no minutes of gametime experience this year...leaving Christmas pretty much being thrown into the NCAA tournament cold. For a team that went through basically this same scenario two years ago with A.O. and Dash Riley, how do you let it catch you unprepared again!!

Just sickening. You mean to tell me that every player on Kentucky is still elegible? Memphis? UNLV? Baylor? UCONN? Cinci? Texas? No freakin way. I don't believe it.

Seriously...who was the last player as good as Fab Melo that has been deemed ineligible in the midst of a season? Why does this happen here???????

Your last sentence is the key here, when has this ever happened before and to a program the caliber of SU. Im sorry but this can't happen, this never happens anywhere else but SU, your telling me this couldnt have been avoided somehow? Come on this is BS.

This is an absolute disgrace. This will not be unpopular comment here but JB has to take a lot of heat for this. This program has been a mess lately. No way to sugar coat this.

No idea how the JB nut huggers will try to spin this one away.

melox-large.jpg

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...use-fab-melo-ineligible-for-ncaa-tournament/1

They don't test in advance they test at the competition site, after you've played.

The BB program tests before the ncaa to ensure there aren't any issues. the last thing you want is to win a game and then find out you did it with a kid who failed a drug test.

The BB program tests before the ncaa to ensure there aren't any issues. the last thing you want is to win a game and then find out you did it with a kid who failed a drug test.

Josh Wright and Dayshawn Wright say hello.

If JB doesn't bag Nerlens Noel, he needs to go. Whether he's at all responsible for any of the things that have happened this year, it seems like it's time for a fresh start for SU basketball.

I am still going to go glass is half full:

- Rak becomes a Tourney Monster and becomes an SU legend like GMac
- The rest of the team pulls together and wins it all despite this latest blow...afterall with all the issues this team has, to be honest it's amazing they only loist two games!!
- This team, game in and game out, except for two games, has shown they can win just to spite those who think they can't win...
Rak did play well in Fab's absence, and looked really good in NYC; you could even argue he's better on the boards then Fab and won't take those dumba** 18 footers. We can still get to the Elite 8, then who knows.

Such a shame that we have McDonalds AA Freshman players...and yet, they have been given next to no minutes of gametime experience this year...leaving Christmas pretty much being thrown into the NCAA tournament cold. For a team that went through basically this same scenario two years ago with A.O. and Dash Riley, how do you let it catch you unprepared again!!

Gosh, seems to me I've heard that before...

Oy vey.

Rak will be eaten alive...He has no experience in a really big spot in college. I'm so pissed right now I can barely type. We are the laughing stock of college sports and for the most part rightfully so.

Get a grip guys. we've still got a lot of talent. If RAK steps up, and the rest rally around, we can still win it all.
And it will be all the sweeter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom