Votes: 238 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • I don’t know yet

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you certain that Dino wants to be here? Prior to this he would spend 2 years at a job and then move. 8 years is a long time to be in CNY for a guy from HI and CA. He is like a traveling carnival in the summer. It fun for a little bit but it runs its course before moving on quickly.
he will be content to be fired and get a buyout. how about he resign and just get his last year salary

2 things:

1) I thought I knew that the general National perception of SU football was poor, but the last handful of days have been eye opening. Its much worse than I'd assumed.

2) I'm 43. I've seen some good years. That being said, I don't need Syracuse to win 10 games every season. I'm a realist, and know thats not possible. To use that number against us is a bad argument. Most of us would be thrilled with 7-8 wins, with the rest being competitive/non-embarrassing losses to the big dogs. In fact, I'd probably kill for that.

Whoever Coach Moore is, is an idiot. 10 wins isn't a metric for success at SU, bring bowl eligible should be the baseline. We've sucked most of the last 20 years, because we've hired the wrong coach sans Marrone. GRob, catastrophic hire, Shafer was similar, and Barbers is a mediocre coach at best. Maybe he wins elsewhere, but nothing about him screams special, in game management, not great. His recruiting, bad, to mediocre at best, and as an 'offensive' guru his defense has far outplayed his offense. Best you can say, is he hires good defensive coaches.

Firing Dino to move on to the next HC is like playin the same 'ol worn-out album hoping to hear a new song. We heard the new song when Dino came in. What ever became of "Orange is the new Fast?" Things didn't change over eight years. I am not optimistic they will with a new guy. We are no better at the end of his tenure than when he took over.

It appears we are searching for a new Savior, but until the University invests in more than a sparkling new Football Center, it will stay the same old program. JW and above don't have the interest and willingness to invest the money necessary to become anything more than a 6-win season and qualify for a low-level bowl game. That's what "good" is at Syracuse.

You won't get kids to come to Syracuse to play football when the goal is to be mediocre. Kids want to play for championships and when the Administration isn't committed, the recruits simply move on.

i was just curious how bad it was at BC and Rutgers

TLDR SU BC and Rutgers are terrible at throwing the ball.

I know people will say that's why we need to ground and pound but i can't get past the roof. We need to be different from them. I understand people wanting to give up but I don't think we have truly committed to airing it out

I've watched a little high school football because the team is good, it's around the corner, and my younger kids run around with their friends and have a good time. The qbs are terrible. No one even tries to throw to WR

it's hard to believe that we've had 4 years that bad and our most efficient year is only 52

passer rating by year against FBS

2023 113
2022 52
2021 120
2020 117
2019 66
2018 77
2017 104
2016 57

here's bc against fbs the same time

rutgers

Firing Dino to move on to the next HC is like playin the same 'ol worn-out album hoping to hear a new song. We heard the new song when Dino came in. What ever became of "Orange is the new Fast?" Things didn't change over eight years. I am not optimistic they will with a new guy. We are no better at the end of his tenure than when he took over.

It appears we are searching for a new Savior, but until the University invests in more than a sparkling new Football Center, it will stay the same old program. JW and above don't have the interest and willingness to invest the money necessary to become anything more than a 6-win season and qualify for a low-level bowl game. That's what "good" is at Syracuse.

You won't get kids to come to Syracuse to play football when the goal is to be mediocre. Kids want to play for championships and when the Administration isn't committed, the recruits simply move on.
no one is looking for a new savior, they're just saying to roll the dice again knowing it might not work

Sure, a Savior is person who saves someone or something from defeat. If that next HC is a Savior, I'll take it. I think we are all tired of losing.

Whoever Coach Moore is, is an idiot. 10 wins isn't a metric for success at SU, bring bowl eligible should be the baseline. We've sucked most of the last 20 years, because we've hired the wrong coach sans Marrone. GRob, catastrophic hire, Shafer was similar, and Barbers is a mediocre coach at best. Maybe he wins elsewhere, but nothing about him screams special, in game management, not great. His recruiting, bad, to mediocre at best, and as an 'offensive' guru his defense has far outplayed his offense. Best you can say, is he hires good defensive coaches.
Yeah that guy is an a$$hat. 10 win seasons in the 80s/90s were less common as most teams played 11 games total plus a bowl if lucky enough to get invited. Sure we’ve sucked for a long time, no sugar coating it, but in his 35 year look at our program he missed that we beat LSU, tOSU, Georgia, Clemson, Colorado (in their glory days) in bowl games to cap off some very good seasons. Not to mention many good regular season wins. The last 20 yrs not so much though.

One thing I’ve been wondering is what is the rough amount in the disparity between what SU spends on the program, and what should they be spending annually for us to be competitive?

As in, how many millions a year etc are we talking?

We should not be in the ACC.
But we are and are cashing checks. Now I would bare bones the hell out of football at this point and pump money into basketball. We can dominate basketball, we never will in football, even with a great coach here.

No. No he doesn’t. It’s a well known thing amongst coaches in the conference
This is mind boggling. What's all the money for? In my mind, it is because the job is expected to be your whole life and if you want to get kids to commit to the type of work needed to be a P5 athlete, the coach better be modeling that behavior.

This is mind boggling. What's all the money for? In my mind, it is because the job is expected to be your whole life and if you want to get kids to commit to the type of work needed to be a P5 athlete, the coach better be modeling that behavior.
It was to hire the other guys to go out and recruit. Like Nunz

It was to hire the other guys to go out and recruit. Like Nunz
I honestly could care less if the HC hits the recruiting trail. If he hires competent staff members he shouldn’t have to outside of making closing appearances on official visits or maybe situationally to make a splash with a blue chip.

The HC personally wanting to be a recruiter themselves or personally wanting to recruit isn’t a necessity for a program to be successful. If they’re like that though and don’t have the foresight to hire a strong recruiting staff then yeah they’re in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom