Class of 2015 - fishes and loaves - question | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 fishes and loaves - question

If he comes back they should consider moving him to DE, he's a big, physical kid. I'm sure he would be a pretty good pass rusher, plus he really wouldn't play that much at Linebacker if he came back, gotta think they move him to DE

I like the idea of him coming back, he's not just depth chart fodder and he's got a good head on his shoulders. Never hurts to have some experienced veterans at either LB or DE if he was moved there.

I also want to say in general I really like the late bloomer recruits we've gone after later in the cycle this year. Dungey, Dunkelberger, and Clark all look like great athletes with a high ceiling. Sometimes it's nice to have a little room so that you can add on kids like them. There are always kids that really need their senior year to fully develop at the high school level.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 3m
Shafer said Syracuse put paperwork in to NCAA for LB Luke Arciniega to get a medical redshirt.

That gets us to anywhere between 56-61 returning players.

If we assume that Eskridge, Funderburke, George, and Sloan are gone, and Arciniega returns, that's 57 returnees ... and room for 28 newbies.

I'm willing to bet Norton won't be back.

Holy hell, Funderburk is one game away from going his (potentially) last season without a single reception.

One thing I either forgot or didn't know - Quinta was a high school teammate of Jaston George.
One of the main reasons he came here

OrangeXtreme Oh ye who keeps the numbers where the heck are we at with commits and available scholarships right now. With some of the decomits, Keller and Trey being January enrollees and my lack of faith in some others ever qualifying, Prater and KJ, where are we at oh wise one.

(Plus Bam saying the coaches told him there were only 3 more openings)

OrangeXtreme Oh ye who keeps the numbers where the heck are we at with commits and available scholarships right now. With some of the decomits, Keller and Trey being January enrollees and my lack of faith in some others ever qualifying, Prater and KJ, where are we at oh wise one.

(Plus Bam saying the coaches told him there were only 3 more openings)

Anywhere from 56-61 players returning (Funderburke, Eskridge, George and Sloan all have eligibility remaining, Arciniega has filed for a hardship waiver)

Let's assume Arciniega gets his waiver, and the four graduating players are really graduating (57 returnees).

5 potential January enrollees (Edouard, Prater, Davis, Dunk, Keller)

21 other verbals.

Now we're at 83. Bam thinks we're at 82. Could be another player leaving (Norton?). Could be Prater never makes it, or another non-qual?

I don't think Prater makes it and I had forgotten about K. Davis, depending on how soft his verbal is, being a Jan. enrollee. Thanks that makes it a little clearer.

I'll bet a case of beer Sloan returns.

I don't get the warm and fuzzies that Blair will be qualified.

I'll bet a case of beer Sloan returns.

I don't get the warm and fuzzies that Blair will be qualified.

I'll take that bet. I'm hopeful for Blair, not necessarily optimistic.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 9m9 minutes ago
Syracuse redshirt junior safety Durell Eskridge will forgo his senior season and enter the 2015 NFL Draft, @MinkNate reports.

As expected. I hope whatever was messing him up this year heals up because he was down way to often this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom