Class of 2015 - fishes and loaves - question | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 fishes and loaves - question

PhatOrange

Living Legend
hey guys i'm going to go through this today. Question - anyone know if Trejo has played this year? I had him down as a 3 to play 2 and I can't find that he's played this season.

thanx. Right off the bat then we have 24 openings without any underclass attrition. I counted 82 scholarship players on the roster (which includes Cole Murphy I don't see how they can't put him on scholarship) minus these 21 = 61

Micah Robinson
Robert Welsh
Jarrod West
John Miller
Sean Hickey
Eric Crume
Jeremiah Kobena
Adonis Ameen-Moore
Dyshawn Davis
Ross Krautman
Cameron Lynch
Sam Rodgers
Josh Kirkland
Keenan Hale
Adrian Flemming
Prince-Tyson Gulley
Darius Kelly
Luke Arciniega
Ritchy Desir
Brandon Reddish
Trevon Trejo

thanx. Right off the bat then we have 24 openings without any underclass attrition. I counted 82 scholarship players on the roster (which includes Cole Murphy I don't see how they can't put him on scholarship) minus these 21 = 61

Micah Robinson
Robert Welsh
Jarrod West
John Miller
Sean Hickey
Eric Crume
Jeremiah Kobena
Adonis Ameen-Moore
Dyshawn Davis
Ross Krautman
Cameron Lynch
Sam Rodgers
Josh Kirkland
Keenan Hale
Adrian Flemming
Prince-Tyson Gulley
Darius Kelly
Luke Arciniega
Ritchy Desir
Brandon Reddish
Trevon Trejo

So using those numbers, that gives us 24 open scholarships--not counting those that will be applied retroactively to last year's class.

That number also doesn't account for any additional attrition that might occur--i.e., players deciding to hang 'em up due to injury, transfers, academic issues, etc. Generally speaking, we usually have a few more vacancies open up based upon unforeseen issues like those.

I have 60 scholarship players potentially returning...

I'm not counting Murphy as a scholarship player yet ... Norton may or may not be back next season.

SU listed 4 players with the graduating Seniors who have eligibility remaining ... Funderburk, Eskridge, George, and Sloan. I'm counting them as returning until there's confirmation that they're really leaving.

That's 25 scholarships confirmed, going up to 29 if the above 4 leave.

Murphy has to be a walk-on for 2 seasons, and he can be upgraded to a scholarship for 2016 without counting against the 25 player annual limit. If he gets a scholarship for next year, I think he counts against the 25.

Here's my returning list:

Julian Whigham
Ashton Broyld
Wayne Morgan
Quinta Funderburk**
Mitch Kimble
Durell Eskridge**
AJ Long
Austin Wilson
Oliver Vigille
Steve Ishmael
Brisly Estime
Terrel Hunt
Colton Moskal
Corey Winfield
Ryan Norton
Ron Thompson
Ervin Philips
Juwan Dowels
Rodney Williams
Jonathan Thomas
Cordell Hudson
Chauncey Scissum
Jaston George**
George Morris II
Antwan Cordy
DeVante McFarlane
Parris Bennett
Marqez Hodge
Zaire Franklin
PJ Batten
Alryk Perry
John Raymon
Donnie Simmons
Marcus Coleman
Robert Trudo
Omari Palmer
Aaron Roberts
Jamar McGloster
Michael Lasker
Nick Robinson
Alex Hayes
Ivan Foy
Jon Burton
Denzel Ward
Wayne Williams
Jason Emerich
Tyler Provo
Jamal Custis
Alvin Cornelius
Sean Avant
Ben Lewis
Adly Enoicy
Kendall Moore
Joshua Parris
Isaiah Johnson
Riley Dixon
Chris Slayton
Jalen Harvey
Kayton Samuels
Ryan Sloan**

I didn't look at the complete roster yet only those who I know are definitely gone/graduating. If I subtract Cole from my numbers then you and I are the same at 60 total returning next year (until otherwise confirmed).

3 kids enrolled in January 2014 to be backdated to August 2013. AJ, Wayne and Cory Cooper

I counted 18 enrolled in August 2014

Those 18 + 3 above looks like we can take 4 early (and a full 25)

Who are the 4 of the candidates?

Prater (if he qualifies)
Edouard (if he really shows)
KJ Williams (if the staff still wants him and he qualifies)
KDavis
Dunkelberger (if he commits)
Robinson (if he recommits)

OTHERS ?

I didn't look at the complete roster and it can only be looked at as who's definitely out. If I subtract Cole from my numbers then you and I are the same at 60 total returning next year (until otherwise confirmed).

3 kids enrolled in January 2014 to be backdated to August 2013. AJ, Wayne and Cory Cooper

I counted 18 enrolled in August 2014

Those 18 + 3 above looks like we can take 4 early (and a full 25)

Who are the 4 of the candidates?

Prater (if he qualifies)
Edouard (if he really shows)
KJ Williams (if the staff still wants him and he qualifies)
KDavis
Dunkelberger (if he commits)
Robinson (if he recommits)

OTHERS ?

Don't know how it works out - but Cooper left.

So by my count we can ENROLL 29 total kids - with a maximum 4 of the 29 enrolling early - January 2015.

So by my count we can ENROLL 29 total kids - with a maximum 4 of the 29 enrolling early - January 2015.

Since we only used 18 "Class of 2014" scholarships in August, I think we can take up to 7 kids in Jan 2015 and backdate them (assuming that AJ, CC, and WW were really backdated to 2013. You never know with this staff.) Doubtful that we'll get that many early kids.

We need at least 4 early enrollees to be able to take the max 29.

Since we only used 18 "Class of 2014" scholarships in August, I think we can take up to 7 kids in Jan 2015 and backdate them (assuming that AJ, CC, and WW were really backdated to 2013. You never know with this staff.) Doubtful that we'll get that many early kids.

We need at least 4 early enrollees to be able to take the max 29.

you're right i'm a dummy (i was putting the 3 in 2014 instead of 2013). We can take a combination of 4-7 early to get to 29.

If we don't we're going to be playing under the 85 cap again.

Believe Davis, from Miami Central, is potential January enrollee going off memory.

Perhaps CuseLegacy could be of some help on potential January enrollees? She certainly is more in tune w/ recruiting and has a much better memory than myself.

LOL. Flatterer. I am thinking but am only recalling the same ones already mentioned. Grimes and Robinson were both suppose to be early but have both decomitted. I don't think either Prater or KJ make it. So that would leave Edouard, Davis and Dunkelberger if he commits.

Last edited:
If we have to go JUCO then we should to get the numbers. We need at a minimum to bring in 4 early no matter what.

LOL. Flatterer. I am thinking but am only recalling the same ones already mentioned. Grimes and Robinson were both suppose to be early but have both decomitted. I don't think either Prater or KJ make it. So that would leave Edouard, Davis and Dunkelberger if he commits.

I speak truth, and everyone here knows it. Thank you again for all that you do. For social media impaired, but Cuse obsessed, folks like myself you provide an invaluable service simply out of the goodness of your heart. Needless to say it is VERY much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we have to go JUCO then we should to get the numbers. We need at a minimum to bring in 4 early no matter what.

Which would leave 1 spot for a potential JUCO. What positions have we been, or should we be looking to fill? I'd be looking for a speed wr or cb with experience in the return game if we can find one.

Which would leave 1 spot for a potential JUCO. What positions have we been, or should we be looking to fill? I'd be looking for a speed wr or cb with experience in the return game if we can find one.

OT [provided there's one who could challenge for a starting position instead of just being a warm body] and CB.

OT [provided there's one who could challenge for a starting position instead of just being a warm body] and CB.

We lose 4 WR's but I didnt realize this was Desir's final year as well so we're looking way too thin in the secondary.

My guess is that Sloan comes back and Murphy gets Norton's scholly, and we end up at 28 spots available. I just don't see Funderburk or George being invited back.

George hasn't done anything since he's been here. I'm not sure if he was injured but I saw him walking around in plain clothes when I was at the FSU game. Just don't see him being brought back.

I would go for OT, but then WR, if a speedster Taj Smith type were out there. When Estime went down we lost our only fast receiver. It killed me seeing West trying to get under those deep balls the last few games. Had a step, but had no burst to make up that extra yard or two to reach the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom