For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

At least there is an attempt to get more people in the dome. Should have 5 or 10 dollar tickets at fair . They did that before the Paulaus start against Minnesota and dumped a crap load. ( I think that was the game without any fact checking on my part )

At least there is an attempt to get more people in the dome. Should have 5 or 10 dollar tickets at fair . They did that before the Paulaus start against Minnesota and dumped a crap load. ( I think that was the game without any fact checking on my part )

The days of dumping seats like that is over. With the increase in season ticket prices they can't basically give away seats during the season without a major backlash. They won't do it.

The days of dumping seats like that is over. With the increase in season ticket prices they can't basically give away seats during the season without a major backlash. They won't do it.

No stacks of paper tickets to throw around either.

The TV show part of the problem could be fixed by flipping the cameras to the home side with the students. I guess there is a reason why we don't.

Really , season tickets in the ends are 99.00. I doubt they were much less in 2008 or 2009 .

Really , season tickets in the ends are 99.00. I doubt they were much less in 2008 or 2009 .

Yes still a great price for season tickets for sure. My point was the days of SU essentially giving out mass tickets to the public while rare is over. They will still do some stuff for students and others but thats it.

More room for the bandwagoners. If they max their opportunities it should start building with UVA. Be 5-0 or 4-1 going into NCSt and it will be a big crowd.

Yes still a great price for season tickets for sure. My point was the days of SU essentially giving out mass tickets to the public while rare is over. They will still do some stuff for students and others but thats it.
You may be right, my point is I think we have a good product and…..find a way to get people in there. If we play well they will be back. I was talking to some people last week and they said they are not going to Louisville game because the Dome is a sauna ! It’s amazing how uninformed our “casuals” are .

You may be right, my point is I think we have a good product and…..find a way to get people in there. If we play well they will be back. I was talking to some people last week and they said they are not going to Louisville game because the Dome is a sauna ! It’s amazing how uninformed our “casuals” are .

The casual fan or local is very uninformed and its only gotten worse with social media unfortunately. The amount of stuff they dont know or have wrong is staggering.

Agreed, it seems to be fairly obvious. Unfortunately the days of the public showing up to SU games anyways despite results seem to be heading for an end too.

Agreed, it seems to be fairly obvious. Unfortunately the days of the public showing up to SU games anyways despite results seem to be heading for an end too.

Unfortunately I agree. Its essentially diehards and casuals you can get in for a one off. Winning will help a lot but until then SU would need to get creative to get any sort of large crowd or have it be a can't miss opponent ala ND.

It's not surprising to be honest. To the regular local attending the SU game is so far down the list that it's not even a consideration. Even the casual SU fan (non diehard) isn't that clued in at this point.
does a casual know the game of football exists? Have they heard of the concept of a home opener?

I disagree , Win, and they will come. After 2018 we had a big jump in season tickets. Unfortunately the 2019 season was a big bust and we followed that with Covid . Two big hits for a fragile fan base .

does a casual know the game of football exists? Have they heard of the concept of a home opener?

Honestly there is a sizeable population that doesn't even know there is a game Saturday. For those that do the concept of attending is just mystifying them. They look at you like you just asked if their gonna attend a game in another part of the country.

The casual fan or local is very uninformed and its only gotten worse with social media unfortunately. The amount of stuff they dont know or have wrong is staggering.
well that's the issue. The local population is old as hell because cuse actually does a pretty good marketing job through social, but these casuals you speak of have never picked up twitter or IG.

I disagree , Win, and they will come. After 2018 we had a big jump in season tickets. Unfortunately the 2019 season was a big bust and we followed that with Covid . Two big hits for a fragile fan base .

Yes, if SU wins crowds will come back. I’m only saying that in a rising ticket cost environment the football programs exhausted good will from casual fans and the public. Honestly diehards are probably running close to empty too. I’ll go to the games this year because I know who the players are and love rooting for them. Between Dino and the AD im very meh.

well that's the issue. The local population is old as hell because cuse actually does a pretty good marketing job through social, but these casuals you speak of have never picked up twitter or IG.
Not one billboard on 690. Not one.

Its not just older people, I know plenty of people in their 20s and 30's who are well versed in social media who have zero interest in attending Saturday. Its not all a marketing issue it's people not caring just as much if not more.

Keep in mind that college football attendance was down all over the country last year, with the exception of the football factories there was a post Covid decline so it’s not all “the crappy cny fans “

Tell Brent those are resales. That’s why some are $5. Those will all be included in the tickets sold number which they announce.
Speaking of uninformed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom