For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

yeah but down for them is still like 50k plus. It's a miracle to get 30k with $10 tickets against a conference opponent and this cuse team won't suck.
I wouldn't look at total number when comparing I would look at total capacity percentage when comparing.

Take Nebraska, they have their mythical "sell out" streak but in reality they are only filling 3 quarters of their stadium. In recent years the local paper has been able to find out the actual scan count and not the tickets sold number. Games were down into the 60k which means 30k in empty seats. How hard did Husker fan apathy hit attendance at Nebraska home games? This hard

I think the school is doing a good job with emails and promotion regarding the game but I think they dropped a major ball when it came to making the Louisville game a "Can't miss game".

With 2020 having no fans and 2021 still having restrictions this should have been the "Grand Opening" for the new dome. Bring back the 97 team on their 25 year anniversary. First 25'000 fans get Sean Tucker jersey shirts with his Heisman # courtesy of Wegmans.

I do not think it is a lack of trying now with how many emails and promotional offers I have gotten for this game, I think it is a game day atmosphere issue now. We gotta show people the new dome.

5 of the first 6 at home kind of degrades a sense of urgency too. If you aren’t going to commit to that level of frequency maybe you feel less of a drive to get to any one of the three P5 home games if 4 weeks of September.

The home opener hasn’t competed well against the fair in 20 years, with the outlier being Marrone’s 1st game.

Beat Louisville, stomp UConn and Purdue will have a healthy crowd.

I just don’t think we’re getting the numbers we used to get without those variables yet.

They shoulda had a free nelly concert before the game, that damn thing drew 43000 at the fair…. Unbelievable
I think the State Fair figures their concert attendance like SU does for some games.

I think 30,000 people actually in the building is our water line now.

I think the State Fair figures their concert attendance like SU does for some games.
Fair concert estimates have been pretty legit.

I think the school is doing a good job with emails and promotion regarding the game but I think they dropped a major ball when it came to making the Louisville game a "Can't miss game".

With 2020 having no fans and 2021 still having restrictions this should have been the "Grand Opening" for the new dome. Bring back the 97 team on their 25 year anniversary. First 25'000 fans get Sean Tucker jersey shirts with his Heisman # courtesy of Wegmans.

I do not think it is a lack of trying now with how many emails and promotional offers I have gotten for this game, I think it is a game day atmosphere issue now. We gotta show people the new dome.
This is spot on. The first "normal" home game in a while, Power 5 conference opponent, night game, with a Heisman candidate RB. This should be an event. Sadly the ball was dropped and they failed to create any meaningful narrative for this game at all. It would have been so easy...

This is spot on. The first "normal" home game in a while, Power 5 conference opponent, night game, with a Heisman candidate RB. This should be an event. Sadly the ball was dropped and they failed to create any meaningful narrative for this game at all. It would have been so easy...
To counter that we have 750 articles about Dino on the hot seat, 807 articles about us being picked last in the ACC , and 506 other generally negative bit’s from local media . (Syracuse.Com)
So I’m not sure any SU marketing would have done much. Win a few games is about all they can do.

To counter that we have 750 articles about Dino on the hot seat, 807 articles about us being picked last in the ACC , and 506 other generally negative bit’s from local media . (Syracuse.Com)
So I’m not sure any SU marketing would have done much. Win a few games is about all they can do.
Agreed, maybe I shouldn't have used the word easy. I'm just disappointed in the content of the marketing and the lack of a giveaway/featured guest/ literally anything to give a bigger feeling to the game.

and not one open practice or fan fest and cia level secrecy around camp.

Agreed start 2-0 and see where we are come Purdue. About all you can do to change perception. Momentum was building after 2018 and they dropped a steaming deuce bomb. Charlie Brown only going to try and kick that football so many times unless you are a diehard which is all that is left

and not one open practice or fan fest and cia level secrecy around camp.
Aye, Our Ace in the hole is that it doesn’t have to be a packed dome to be loud. Freeze thought so last year. Plus the guys Organizing Ottos Army are on point. We’re going to have large noisy student sections .

Last edited:
Agreed start 2-0 and see where we are come Purdue. About all you can do to change perception. Momentum was building after 2018 and they dropped a steaming deuce bomb. Charlie Brown only going to try and kick that football so many times unless you are a diehard which is all that is left

Yeah a billboard doesn't really change this.

Win a couple of games early and people will show.

Also - the students seem to be all in, which is nice. That section needs a lot of TV time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom