For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

Plenty of people knows there's a game. They think Cuse is terrible so why go watch them lose? Cuse can do all the marketing and tricks in the world but people know the program isn't good.

If you go to the game (I will be there) be loud and crazy.

The casual fan or local is very uninformed and its only gotten worse with social media unfortunately. The amount of stuff they dont know or have wrong is staggering.
I chatted with a random gentleman at the golf course the other day who had a lot of strong opinions on how terrible the team is and why. He ended his rant with, “on the bright side, I’ve heard we got a stud running back, so hopefully he’ll be good.”

I chatted with a random gentleman at the golf course the other day who had a lot of strong opinions on how terrible the team is and why. He ended his rant with, “on the bright side, I’ve heard we got a stud running back, so hopefully he’ll be good.”
Nobody has stronger opinions on a topic than someone who is completely uninformed on said topic. Gotta love a casual.

It speaks volumes to how bad the attendance picture must be for Sat night, SU is throwign anything at the wall that will stick. Free tickets for employees, 15 ticket picture offer etc. Where were these efforts a month + ago when it was clear to everyone who could use a computer things were looking like last years Liberty game level bad.

Exclusive opportunity for a photo with Dino Babers.

Because it will be a collector's item if he gets fired after this year?

I'm glad they're trying things too, but I just love a good sales gimmick. Maybe just take the 30k you've got, hope for a big win, and build from there. Will be a lot more to promote for the Purdue game.

Will some big Whig from the university call these dopes to amend the story and add the game to the linked article!

They can do it, years back they ran a story of rowdy out of control tailgaters causing all sorts of mayhem and they used a stock photo of me at a fine mess tailgate!

Well a couple of patients called to inform us of this, a quick inflammatory call to them and they changed it right away. Come on wildhack dial them up!
I don't even think the Whigs exist as a political party anymore. Maybe just call an administrator at SU to be safe. William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, and Henry Clay are NOT walking through that door.

the annual crash and burn we had last November just made the casual fan feel like it's same old Syracuse. gotta get off to a good start and hopefully attendance for Purdue and UVA are stronger.

You may be right, my point is I think we have a good product and…..find a way to get people in there. If we play well they will be back. I was talking to some people last week and they said they are not going to Louisville game because the Dome is a sauna ! It’s amazing how uninformed our “casuals” are .
amazing... guess they need a "beat the heat" offer -- stay cool INSIDE the newly air conditioned and refurbished JMA Dome (with excellent 5g wifi...) It's a better deal than seeing a movie.

LOL he heard we have a good RB? Kid has been here 3 years now wake up.

if it were an open air stadium do you think more casuals would show up for September and October games? I am sure the Dome helps when it is rainy and there is nothing else to do. But when the weather is nice out, it has to hurt some. Come inside to enjoy the nice day.

It's not surprising to be honest. To the regular local attending the SU game is so far down the list that it's not even a consideration. Even the casual SU fan (non diehard) isn't that clued in at this point.
Do you live in Syracuse?

My Mom isn’t a fan of football and is in her 70s and asked me about it

I had people in Cortland ask me about it (I didn’t bring it up)

Do you live in Syracuse?

My Mom isn’t a fan of football and is in her 70s and asked me about it

I had people in Cortland ask me about it (I didn’t bring it up)

Yes, my mother mentioned it as well I am assuming because she knows I am fan much like yours.

Exclusive opportunity for a photo with Dino Babers.

Because it will be a collector's item if he gets fired after this year?

I'm glad they're trying things too, but I just love a good sales gimmick. Maybe just take the 30k you've got, hope for a big win, and build from there. Will be a lot more to promote for the Purdue game.
This style of ad worked for Crazy Ernie, maybe SU can try it

Keep in mind that college football attendance was down all over the country last year, with the exception of the football factories there was a post Covid decline so it’s not all “the crappy cny fans “
yeah but down for them is still like 50k plus. It's a miracle to get 30k with $10 tickets against a conference opponent and this cuse team won't suck.

yeah but down for them is still like 50k plus. It's a miracle to get 30k with $10 tickets against a conference opponent and this cuse team won't suck.
Nope , lot of P5 programs not taking in 50 plus.

Last edited:
amazing... guess they need a "beat the heat" offer -- stay cool INSIDE the newly air conditioned and refurbished JMA Dome (with excellent 5g wifi...) It's a better deal than seeing a movie.
Honestly that would be a genius pitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom