For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

So we never get to open at home? Like, ever?

Will that be in the recruiting pitch?
If they want to go head to head against the fair then people should not bitch that such small crowds show up to those games.

Maybe they can offer the recruits a free coupon for a gianelli sausage... or wait they are not there anymore.

If they want to go head to head against the fair then people should not bitch that such small crowds show up to those games.

Maybe they can offer the recruits a free coupon for a gianelli sausage... or wait they are not there anymore.
The fair isn’t impacting attendance. The thing is two weeks long. Unless there is a can’t miss musical act at the same time, where is the conflict?

last three day summer weekend, weddings, and taking kids to school, those are the conflicts.

Su doesn’t make the ACC schedule.

The fair isn’t impacting attendance. The thing is two weeks long. Unless there is a can’t miss musical act at the same time, where is the conflict?

last three day summer weekend, weddings, and taking kids to school, those are the conflicts.
Ding ding ding

If they want a home opener, do it at 7p on Thursday night, or week zero game

Has nothing to do with it at all. Do you see the trash that goes to the Fair recently? I don't think that's the Syracuse football demographic. If people cared about Syracuse football they would go.

Has nothing to do with it at all. Do you see the trash that goes to the Fair recently? I don't think that's the Syracuse football demographic. If people cared about Syracuse football they would go.

Hey hey hey. I love the fair and go twice a year. Going again tomorrow. I love the food. Love the free music. Love the pig races.

I agree and the crowd that likes and enjoys the Fair are not the crowd I see at the Dome. Different audiences.

At least there is an attempt to get more people in the dome. Should have 5 or 10 dollar tickets at fair . They did that before the Paulaus start against Minnesota and dumped a crap load. ( I think that was the game without any fact checking on my part )
Per SU box office there is no football tickets being sold at the fair

10000000000000%%%%%%%

The Great NYS fair is straight trash
Haven't been in 30 years. Full disclosure I didn't live in CNY for about a decade of that time.

Pitt just got their biggest crowd ever(70K).

Amazing what having a pretty good team and a rival that you play can do.

We mostly haven’t been good and we rarely play any of our rivals to the point where most don’t consider them rivals anymore.

Pitt just got their biggest crowd ever(70K).

Amazing what having a pretty good team and a rival that you play can do.

We mostly haven’t been good and we rarely play any of our rivals to the point where most don’t consider them rivals anymore.
Great Crowd no doubt, Wonder what the Dome would get if we opened with PSU after winning the ACC championship the previous year. Have a feeling 49,000 seats wouldn’t be enough …. We may never know.

Great Crowd no doubt, Wonder what the Dome would get if we opened with PSU after winning the ACC championship the previous year. Have a feeling 49,000 seats wouldn’t be enough …. We may never know.

Not the same scenario, but that early season Clemson game in 2019 is an indicator.

Coming off a good season and playing a really good team that we’d had great games with the previous two years…..before the 2019 season people were losing their minds and thinking we were going to beat them and overtake them and win the league that year.

That’s all it would take - a good team playing perceived big games.

Went to the fair last night and will be at the dome tomorrow night. And FYI there were lots of people wearing SU stuff.
Wearing Su stuff doesn't mean attending games. The Fair is mostly a family event. Price points are totally different. Not to mention if you talk to Fair admins a good portion of the crowd is out of the 315 - though I find that hard to believe - but if everyone here thinks the Fair is killing our crowd, have at it.

Not the same scenario, but that early season Clemson game in 2019 is an indicator.

Coming off a good season and playing a really good team that we’d had great games with the previous two years…..before the 2019 season people were losing their minds and thinking we were going to beat them and overtake them and win the league that year.

That’s all it would take - a good team playing perceived big games.
Bingo.

Be a good team.

Play good opponents.

Profit.

I agree, The NYS Fair isn't impacting attendance. But, good lord! You might as well throw in; "there's a sale at Penney's" as well.

People are taking their kids to school on a Saturday night at 8 p.m.? Really? How many weeks have parents known in advance when school starts? Let alone that school starts 3 days later. That one takes the cake right there relative to lame excuses.

The fact of the matter is, people find the time to do the things that are important/matter to them. And, unlike us diehards, going to an SU football game, regardless if it's opening night, etc., isn't currently even on the radar for most folks/casuals. That is how insignificant the current state of Syracuse Football is in the general community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom