Fran Brown Interview With Matt Park | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Interview With Matt Park

Dude...you really need to stop the passive/aggressive bs. Let us enjoy the process for at least a week before you resume pissing in our Cheerios.
You act like I don’t want this team to succeed. I’m a STH and a huge fan. But being a fan of this program has taught me to be skeptical of fools gold and have cautious optimism. The approach it seems we are taking didn’t work very well at Texas A&M or Miami, but hopefully he can get a couple of veteran coaches on staff and a home run OC

Wish we had someone a little better than Matt Park for all of these interviews.

Just a goofball. We have Newhouse. Can we get someone else to spice it up? He can't do everything -- pbp for basketball/football should be enough, and more than he really should do anyway if we are being honest.
I thought Park referencing Camden being a tough place that builds tough people was cliche and lazy journalism and Fran seemed to think so too.
I lol’d when Parks branded Dart joke was met with zero smile

Just signed up for the $10.99 monthly package. It’s not much but it’s better than nothing and I hope it makes a small difference. LGO!
Hey - if 1,000 people who the $10.99/mo package that’s over $131k a year. If 10,000 people do it that’s over $1.3M… Every bit matters! Every donation makes a difference! Thanks for doing your part

You act like I don’t want this team to succeed. I’m a STH and a huge fan. But being a fan of this program has taught me to be skeptical of fools gold and have cautious optimism. The approach it seems we are taking didn’t work very well at Texas A&M or Miami, but hopefully he can get a couple of veteran coaches on staff and a home run OC
How well did our previous approach work?

"My last relationship didn't work out. So I'm going to pre-emptively criticize this new girl."

I thought Park referencing Camden being a tough place that builds tough people was cliche and lazy journalism and Fran seemed to think so too.

Yes it was super corny.

I think he more than “allowing it”, I sense he’s encouraging it. He is about as anti-Dino as it gets.
Kind of explains the mindset of the Duce tweet that was somewhat controversial here the other day.

Noticed all of that too.

I think if Brown is getting what he wants, while seemingly a small, low-list item of his, Park will be relegated to play-by-play duties and we'll have someone a bit more 'fresh' in this position soon.

Maybe he doesn't care - I don't know. But I certainly care, and I can guarantee you perception means a lot to him and the new regime.

Gotta think he will be pressing the P alum to be active and engaging with the program in person and financially

Think we will see a lot more of those guys in the near future

There's an untapped market there, potentially a very lucrative one as well. Some of those guys have passed on obviously but a decent amount just on the periphery that can be brought back in.

There's an untapped market there, potentially a very lucrative one as well. Some of those guys have passed on obviously but a decent amount just on the periphery that can be brought back in.
I hope Donovan Darius is doing better now, cause he obviously is a guy Fran admires

Would love to see him back around helping out in some way

Look, when it comes to Syracuse sports, I'm a "hope springs eternal" kinda guy. Obviously that has been much harder to maintain over the years, but I start each season hoping for that special year- 10+ wins, major bowl, ranking, championships, etc.
We don't fully know what we have w/ HCFB, but the more I read, see, and hear...the more I like.
I'm sure they'll be plenty of opportunity to piss on this hire should it not work out as we all hope it does. But now, today...is not that time. Read the room, bruh.

I didn’t say it was necessarily a bad thing, just weird to see the word passion being used to describe what I watched. Donations are a good thing and so is optimism for next season and a manageable schedule but everyone on here who was all-in on Mullen a week ago is now acting like this guy is the second coming of Christ
Passion presents itself differently depending on personality. There are some people that jump and yell. Others can almost set people on fire with a silent look. I'm not going to judge him based on demeanor during an interview.

Yes. And they were never nurtured and gone after for money. There's a reason you get them at practice first. And there's a reason he said that way (and also joked he wants their money too). Look at Lally. Former player from a bygone era who was incredibly successful. Was never asked but then when he was...you always gotta ask!!

Buddy I’m not a psychologist. He made some great points, especially towards the end about NIL and fan behavior. Did he have me ready to run through a brick wall? No. Was it a little sleepy in my opinion? Yes. Sorry I’m not on my knees for him
I agree with others new coach with good ideas, if you don't have anything good to say now, then just don't say anything.

i'm excited and not a debbie downer like some of you. He's gonna do it differently and lean on the blue print from the 90s. To me this is exactly what I wanted. It won't be perfect so we can remove that assumption. We probably also won't win the playoff but it feels like this could be a very fascinating period in Syracuse history.

i'm excited and not a debbie downer like some of you. He's gonna do it differently and lean on the blue print from the 90s. To me this is exactly what I wanted. It won't be perfect so we can remove that assumption. We probably also won't win the playoff but it feels like this could be a very fascinating period in Syracuse history.
One thing that always bothered me about Dino at his intro press conference was when he said: "People were asking me "why Syracuse"? And I answered "why not Syracuse"?
Nothing against Dino, who I really liked, but I felt like he was almost apologizing or rationalizing taking the job.
We've so lost our way with this program- we forget sometimes who we really are.
I think and hope HCFB understands that. He saw us at our best, and he wants to bring that back. Finally, someone who gets it!!!

Last edited:
One thing that always bothered me about Dino at his intro press conferece was when he said: "People were asking me "why Syracuse"? And I answered "why not Syracuse"?
Nothing against Dino, who I really liked, but I felt like he was almost apologizing or rationalizing taking the job.
We've so lost our way with this program- we forget sometimes who we really are.
I think and hope HCFB understands that. He saw us at our best, and he wants to bring that back. Finally, someone who he s i
And that’s the point….now we have a guy that isn’t selling school…he is selling him. The schools are irrelevant

I was always under the impression that it is not the coach's decision. I thought the past 44s had to sign off, and one was not signing off. I assume JW has to agree before the coach. But then again, a good and determined coach can get anything accomplished if they really want.
I hope that's not the case. It needs to be up to the coach and player. If we have a coach that doesn't understand/respect the number, that's on the AD. If we keep having all the hoops to jump through, it'll be nothing more than a fond memory as all those former wearers die off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom