Fran Brown | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know the story about why Dave did that? It's pretty smart. Easiest way for him instantly to tell whether they read the rider
I would like to know why Dave did that. TY.

That’s how we know you didn’t read the thread - you commenting on him being a recruiter at Georgia without mentioning Temple, Rutgers or Baylor was our green M&M
I could read ten thousand pages, I know he was a db coach for rhule. I think rhule kinda sucks

I would like to know why Dave did that. TY.
As was mentioned, to ensure that they read the entire rider. With a big rock show with pyrotechnics, you want to make sure that everything is being done correctly.

I said since 2015. And Dabo wouldn’t be included because he was an intern head coach for 7 games prior to being hired as the main guy. They saw how he actually coached when he took over. This is a total roll of the dice. I dont think this is something Syracuse is in the position to do.
We need a splash hire here and Brown fits most boxes. Great recruiter. Has learned from Smart who is a great mentor. Great db coach. Probably killed it at the interview and as most coaches who want to be a head coach, he probably has an entire book to build a team with great discipline and organization. What defense and offense he prefers and why. U dont work for Smart and not be ready if the chance comes.

These lists are comical
Factory factory factory factory factory factory

These lists are always factories because they get the best players but at least he's at the top of the top.

in 2022 Brown was ranked #25 while at Rutgers. Then #8 at Georgia in 2023 and #1 in 2024.

He doesn't show up at Temple because Temple's rankings are low but he's credited with being responsible for a lot of the talent that turned the program around and of 14 or 15 kids who got drafted from Temple, 8 of them were from NJ. No records that I can find on if he recruited them but safe bet he was in on a bunch.

I could read ten thousand pages, I know he was a db coach for rhule. I think rhule kinda sucks
That’s fair. Rhule is known for building programs up by getting the boosters, local money and HS coaches into alignment. His style of play on the field is a bit stale for my tastes - but I think there are lessons there that Brown might have picked up. Smart did the same thing to take Georgia from very good to the best.

I have zero expectation for him to try and poach any Georgia commits. Zero. But these are the Georgia cruits in our backyard and the type of kids I'd expect in the future will give us visits.

OT Marcus Harrison > 6-7 > 336 > St Francis, Buffalo
OT Nyier Daniels > 6-6 > 360 > Bergan Catholic
DL Jordan Thomas > 6-5 > 296 > Don Bosco
QB Ryan Puglisi > 6-3 > 205 > Old Avon Farms, CT

More likely he'll try to poach other teams recruits that he values.
Why would he not try and bring his guys with him? Isn't that kind of standard procedure these days?

Has anyone considered that he was recruiting at Georgia…..

have you considered he was recruiting at Temple and Rutgers for much longer?

Hiring a db coach because of recruiting from a school that's always good before and after him is a terrible idea

We always throw out the baby with the bathwater. The big unknown about babers was can he recruit.

So now we go opposite in every way. Babers offensive guy from historically irrelevant schools with head coach experience

Well, he's fired so we have to go opposite. D guy coordinator experience but is a good recruiter at a school that's always good forever .

I would've preferred Chesney. Whatever. Either I'm wrong or they'll go oppositesies in three years

Ok so then what about the fact he was really good at recruiting at Temple and Rutgers (and Baylor) before he made his way to Georgia.

This is a tired narrative re: him only being able to recruit well at Georgia.

Hate on him because he has essentially no experience as a coordinator/HC, but stop the nonsense about how he only can recruit well because he's at Georgia. He's at Georgia because he recruited the NE very well at "bad" schools.

Until its official I'll keep holding out for HCSMFS to make a reappearance. I want f bombs hurled at coaches. Water bottles chucked at refs. Children stories and locked doors.
I'll say this...he was entertaining. I do miss those pressers and his passion.

What? is he saying that the new coach isn't Brown or is he saying two of the candidates were coaches no one has talked about?

My guess is Marrone is 1 of those... but I think that ship has sailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom