Fran Brown | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not going to get 4 and 5 star kids so what advantage does hiring a pure recruiter have? We need a guy who has connections to find overlooked 2 and 3 star guys, and also has the ability to coach those kids up. Like what Marrone did. This seems like McFIt but HC instead of OC. The chances of a complete disaster are way higher here.

Todd gave all his recruits 5 stars when he was at Rutty so we at least have that.

Similar to all the rest, I have no idea who fran brown is. I need to google. maybe I can fall in love with him too. Is he a coordinator? Wasnt that a criteria?
He was a co DC at Temple for a year.

He is from Camden, NJ. The best recruiter in college football.

This is as close as Syracuse could possibly come to hiring Deion Sanders without hiring Deion Sanders.

If we got him, we would be in the top 25 in recruiting almost immediately. We would (assuming we can raise the money for the NIL budget to the required level) become a major force in the portal overnight.

He would need an experienced staff with some solid coordinators to help him make the jump from DB coach.

Steve Addazio hired him out of HS for his first college job at Temple. He would surely be part of any staff Fran would put together. Rocky Long would be an awesome mentor as well on the defensive side of the ball. Not sure he would want to work for a 41 year old young coach he doesn't know though.

Super high risk/high reward candidate.

This is as close as Syracuse could possibly come to hiring Deion Sanders without hiring Deion Sanders.

If we got him, we would be in the top 25 in recruiting almost immediately. We would (assuming we can raise the money for the NIL budget to the required level) become a major force in the portal overnight.

He would need an experienced staff with some solid coordinators to help him make the jump from DB coach.

Steve Addazio hired him out of HS for his first college job at Temple. He would surely be part of any staff Fran would put together.
That's slightly more reassuring. Would have to make home run hires at OC and DC.

LOL Fran Brown Oh boy this is what we have come to? Shocking someone can be good at recruiting with Georgia's name and resources. I am sure those recruiting efforts would translate to Syracuse.

Steve Addazio hired him out of HS for his first college job at Temple. He would surely be part of any staff Fran would put together.
Was Rutgers pulling in top 25 recruiting classes when he was there before Georgia?

I checked him out.

He has solid NE contacts.

He has been an Assistant HC and a coordinator.

I like his connection with program builders - Rhule and Schiano.

He would likely keep Nunzio.

I’m more interested than I was initially.

I’m a bit disappointed that there apparently was no real plan in place a few weeks ago.

Question is, does Cinco know something or is he lobbying for him?
I really doubt one of our players would be the one to break the news, Brown has a lot of ties in NJ and recruited Clark to Rutgers, I don’t think he knows anything but is just lobbying. Fran Brown would go against what JW said.

There is this:

F2JLmT8aEAAn58O
We ain’t Georgia

I checked him out.

He has solid NE contacts.

He has been an Assistant HC and a coordinator.

I like his connection with program builders - Rhule and Schiano.

He would likely keep Nunzio.

I’m more interested than I was initially.

I’m a bit disappointed that there apparently was no real plan in place a few weeks ago.
i doubt JW is going to hire a total hack. The dots will connect once he hires the guy and the staff is filled out.

JW said in his press conf very clearly: wants a north east guy, wants someone with HC or P5 coordinator experience, stresses special teams. He knows that we have to win on the margins.

I just wonder if recruiting at Georgia is like shooting fish in a barrel vs Syracuse. If Fran Frascilla came in with Addazio and other northeast stalwarts color me intrigued to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom