Fran Brown | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. For those of you trying to talk yourself into Fran Brown (that includes you John Wildhack), just look back at a prior assistant coach of ours who was basically the Fran Brown of 10 years ago. When I read this thread I thought we were talking about Stan Drayton. He also was an “elite recruiter” who ended up at some factory school (after a cup of coffee at Syracuse).

He is currently struggling as the HC at Temple. 6-18 record (3-9 followed by 3-9). Is John really trying to take a page out of the Temple playbook???

He was a co DC at Temple for a year.

He is from Camden, NJ. The best recruiter in college football.

This is as close as Syracuse could possibly come to hiring Deion Sanders without hiring Deion Sanders.

If we got him, we would be in the top 25 in recruiting almost immediately. We would (assuming we can raise the money for the NIL budget to the required level) become a major force in the portal overnight.

He would need an experienced staff with some solid coordinators to help him make the jump from DB coach.

Steve Addazio hired him out of HS for his first college job at Temple. He would surely be part of any staff Fran would put together. Rocky Long would be an awesome mentor as well on the defensive side of the ball. Not sure he would want to work for a 41 year old young coach he doesn't know though.

Super high risk/high reward candidate.
But as I said a few weeks ago this is the gamble that SU needs to take at this point. I always thought it would be Tony but whatevs

Would solve our two biggest issues in game decisions and recruiting
John Wildhack in this role:

MV5BNjI4OTliMTUtZTBjNS00NWVhLTlmMmYtNTgwYWVmZDBkMDQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjYyNDMwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

At a P4 level it's the coordinators and position coaches that teach and (for the most part) game plan. I'm good with a super recruiter who makes good hires and can be a good face of the program. It all starts with recruiting.

Give me the guy that’s built up a program himself with head coaching experience over a guy that’s been a career secondary coach. When you start talking about guys like this there is no evidence because we just don’t know.
HC and Syracuse are different jobs just as position coach and head coach are. Chesney would need to be able to prove he can recruit. Brown would need to prove he can coach.

I will say this I have no clue about X’s and O’s with Brown. I know he is a very good secondary coach and has been wherever he has been. But in terms of leading a program and calling the shots no idea.

HOWEVER, being a DAWG in recruiting is saying something. He would 100% retain Nunzio and Thomas (Lequint’s HS coach who is on staff). He would have the backing of Lequint and Clark who are two big time leaders on the team. With Fran Brown as the head man, Nunzio and Thomas on staff, we would clean up in NJ and Schiano would be put on notice. We would get some studs out of NJ and the Northeast which is what Wildhack wants. I’m just hesitant on how these studs will be coached up and developed with an unproven HC. If I’m going to take a risk at head coach, Fran Brown is 100% the guy you want to take the risk with. Cause if he can coach and lead a program he will be a stud. We don’t have to worry about recruiting, getting kids out of NJ/the Northeast and getting athletes with him. He would also 100% hit the portal running. You could sell me on this guy, and he would bring some swag and an edge to the program which I’m pretty confident people on this board would get behind because it’s an edge we have been missing.

Deion Sanders was an all-pro HOF player in the NFL with a TV personality and every single person even casuals has heard the name Deion Sanders.

Deion Sanders's just head coaching experience was 27-6 record with 2 SWAC championships.

Deion Sanders's son is a round 1 QB talent and his other son will probably be in the NFL also.

Fran Brown is none of that stop comparing the 2.

HC and Syracuse are different jobs just as position coach and head coach are. Chesney would need to be able to prove he can recruit. Brown would need to prove he can coach.
Exactly and what I said about Chesney last week is that Syracuse will never be a hot bed for recruiting we have a clear ceiling and that’s a few 4 stars here and there, we need a coach who can coach up the talent we do get. That is Syracuse’s path to being successful, and that sides with Chesney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom