Fran Brown | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
could Chesney have turned us down?
John Wildhack's "thorough" and well-orchestrated head coach search:

affd17da-0a92-48f2-9d66-c3653b37e481_text.gif

Kirby smart loves the guy, is it my first choice or even my top 5 no, but Kirby smart singing a guys praises is worth a lot IMO
Is that better or the same as high praises from Dick Vermeil?

He's beloved by the board and non sports side of SU
yeah, because he does what they say. It's a great way to keep making a mill a year and not be responsible for anything.

Yeah, but come on if he “uses” SU that means the team is successful and should be in a much stronger position to hire the next guy. Or he loves the low cost of living, relatively low expectations, and great public schools, JD and FM for his kids. Can’t be afraid someone will be too good.
The only thing being sold to me on Brown is his recruiting prowess, which is only good for as long as he's here. That is why I'm concerned.

At the end of the day I'm going to buy into whoever we hire like I always have.

yeah, because he does what they say. It's a great way to keep making a mill a year and not be responsible for anything.

Should he resign in protest when SU says they don't have 12 mill + for a buyout of Babers or when he can't fire the Schools greatest coach of all time on his timeline with zero ramifications? Dude this isn't OCC it's a P5 D1 school with tens of millions of dollars at stake that he's responsible for. You might want to take a breather from the board for a few hours.

Browns been a candidate since the beginning, his name just didn't suddenly pop up.
Plus we know this is a tough job to fill. People are not “lined up” for it. And JW has to have someone on the other side that (I) wants to be the coach here, and (2) can agree to contractual terms. Those 2 items are not easy

There's two things a school like Syracuse needs to succeed. An X's and O's guy that can scheme us a way to beat the Clemson's and FSU's of the world, and a guy that can develop lesser talent into impact starters and backups.

Fran Brown is a RECRUITER. We have no idea how his clock management skills are, what type of offense/defense he runs, how disciplined his teams can be.

We don't even know if he can recruit better than who we currently have.

Brown would be a Hail Mary. Do we really need a Hail Mary right now? Colorado felt it did because they had 2 Bowls since 2007. But we are coming off of back to back Bowls.

If we got him, we would be in the top 25 in recruiting almost immediately. We would (assuming we can raise the money for the NIL budget to the required level) become a major force in the portal overnight.
giphy (13).gif

Last edited:
Browns been a candidate since the beginning, his name just didn't suddenly pop up.
ADJW must not have told Thamel his super secret coach list or is Thamel not trusted? I just want to know who you consider a reliable source? Axe? ... you have a lot of 20/20 hindsight coming in after facts and that you say you knew days ago.

We aren't going to get a big name or a candidate with no question marks. I'd prefer Chesney but Brown has his assets (though I think his recruiting prowess will be tested here), as will any other name that circulates during the search. This is not a plumb job. Any hire is a risk we have to trust the AD knows what he's doing which for me is the hardest part of this process.

Should he resign in protest when SU says they don't have 12 mill + for a buyout of Babers or when he can't fire the Schools greatest coach of all time on his timeline with zero ramifications? Dude this isn't OCC it's a P5 D1 school with tens of millions of dollars at stake that he's responsible for. You might want to take a breather from the board for a few hours.
Wildhack is a big boy, he doesn't need you defending him while he presides over the the continued decline of SU athletics.

I'll gladly take half of his salary to do whatever the BOT says.

Just pay Tony White whatever it takes to get him back here.

There's two things a school like Syracuse needs to succeed. An X's and O's guy that can scheme us a way to beat the Clemson's and FSU's of the world, and a guy that can develop lesser talent into impact starters and backups.

Fran Brown is a RECRUITER. We have no idea how his clock management skills are, what type of offense/defense he runs, how disciplined his teams can be.

We don't even know if he can recruit better than who we currently have.
This x1000. Brown isn’t the guy.

If a position coach ends up being our next HC then firing Dino was extremely dumb.

This would be a WORSE hire than Greg Robinson was. Let that sink in for a minute.

Without sounding disrespectful to either of these men, at least Greg had a resume that you could connect to an HC job at that time.

This would be the final nail in the coffin for this program. Full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom