Fran Brown | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why because some knucklehead on the internet said so?

it would appear that maybe syracuse said thanks but no thanks. You don't know nor do I but see how easy it is

Just guessing like other fellow knuckleheds that post on here all the time.

But speculation of "yes" or "no's" aside, back to my original point... if it's Brown, we're hiring the best candidate we can get, right? (at least in the view of the AD and school brass...)

Last edited:
I would think we would want him to go win a NC with Georgia and bring some of that luster to SU.

Not sure if there would be any conflict of interest recruiting wise, but I'm sure that could be worked out.

I would hope he can double-dip as SUs next HC and finish out his coaching (not recruiting) responsibilities at GA.
Why would we care about that at all? The head coach of Syracuse football needs to be working on all things related to Syracuse football. You can't serve two masters.

is Fran Brown married or do we have another Pasqualoni bachelor...I like my HC's unmarried and without a life.

Cue up the couch at Manley if he's not!
Married. 3 kids.

Screenshot_2023-11-28-10-15-17-65_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

And it begins... :cool:

He's not the best we could get. We could've hired an actual HC of another program.
The tea leaf I desperately want to know is whether chesney told us no thanks, or Fran was so damn good in his interview that the board had no choice but to roll his way.

I wonder if he'll bring Will Muschamp the Co-defensive coordinator on Georgia staff with him. He has head coach experience (South Carolina) as well.
If he’s able to get that done it would be a massive coup that would go a long way in building the kind of staff that would help make his transition to HC easier.

Rumors…

HC Fran Brown
OC Jeff Nixon
DC Will Muschamp

What have you heard?
I would be surprised if Steve Addazio is not the OL coach.

Muschamp is the co-DC at UGa. Former HC. Has to be making a big salary. I would be really surprised if he came but I am always getting surprised, so what else is new?

As a former HC, he would be a good mentor to Fran.

The tea leaf I desperately want to know is whether chesney told us no thanks, or Fran was so damn good in his interview that the board had no choice but to roll his way.
No inside info at all, but I can’t imagine he turned us down. I know he’s turned down smaller schools, but this is a P5 opportunity that would’ve given him a ridiculous raise from what he’s making at HC right now.

No inside info at all, but I can’t imagine he turned us down. I know he’s turned down smaller schools, but this is a P5 opportunity that would’ve given him a ridiculous raise from what he’s making at HC right now.
or he's incredibly loyal to his staff and said all or none and they said no thank you.

i've been told he's a unique type of guy with this stuff. i wouldn't be surprised by anything. Or he wasn't offered the job...

Georgia grad / Central NY native here. I love the hire for Cuse. Everyone thought Kirby was nuts bringing in a guy with a Temple / Rutgers background. He’s been an absolute stud on the recruiting trail and coaching corners. Relates very well to recruits, players, and parents.

Definitely understand the uncertainty with him not having coordinator or head coaching experience. May take him a year or two to get his feet under him. Obviously staff hires will be huge. Be patient. You don’t turn recruiting around in a year. Coming from Kirby’s staff, he won’t be outworked.
I’ll also mention, it wouldn’t surprise me if Brown pulled double duty and stuck with Georgia through a potential playoff run while building a staff and recruiting for Cuse. Kirby did it when he took the Georgia job and Lanning did it when he took the Oregon job. I know they were coordinators and Brown is a position coach, but it’s seen as a plus for recruiting exposure. You’ll find out with Brown, recruiting is the lifeblood of your program and every detail matters.

... Almost no HC calls the plays on offense, or makes the defensive calls. It isn’t a big deal Fran hasn’t done this. That is what your coordinators do.

The HC position is more about getting and retaining talent these days. Having a vision for where the program is going and making sure the program stays on track towards that. Brown is well suited for the new era of college football. We are ahead of the curve here. Other schools will eventually emulate us ...
So spot on! I am so impressed by Wildhack for making such a bold, progressive, forward thinking choice - with his legacy and the very future of the program very much on the line with this hire. That means he really believes in Fran Brown. And I can see why.

I got caught up in Mullen Mania like most everyone else. Before that I was all in on Chesney. And before that I was high on Tony White.

What's best about Fran Brown is - he's a great mix of all those other guys.

He has the SEC cred of Mullen - except it's stronger because he has a Chip and he's coming from THE "it" program in the SEC/college football overall.

Brown has the youth, energy and charisma of Chesney. While he doesn't have his HC experience, he is considered one of UGA's best coaches - not just best recruiter but a top coach - on a staff with lots of great coaches on it. His secondary is high performing and highly regarded.

Like Tony White, Fran's ethnicity and his urban roots help more than they hurt on the recruiting trail & in the locker room - in a sport so heavily populated with kids from the same background - and I'm sure that "relatability" resonates with recruits/their parents and is a big part of his success as recruiter. Also like with White, I believe Wildhack has obviously been convinced that Brown is a coaching star in the making - so why not beat the inevitable rush for his services and get him now - while he's still gettable. It's like when schools offer really special, talented kids in the 8th or 9th grade - get in early and you just might be rewarded for it later.

At the end of the day, resumes, life experience, coaching experience & credentials will all ultimately be judged by one and only one criteria - wins and losses. If Brown wins, great hire. If Brown losses, bad hire.

But I love the out-of-box thinking in Wildhack's choice. Hope it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom