Fran Brown | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not about flipping them, it’s hooking their displaced backups who are headed to the portal anyway
If someone goes into the portal can they still play in remaining (Georgia) games?

Is he our guy?

IMG_0387.jpeg

First, I hope this is for the best and all works out.

But this has me cracking up right now...

THIS PAGE YESTERDAY: Chesney is unproven, and if he fails in two or three years we have to start all over again.
THIS PAGE TODAY: Brown looks like a great risk to take, and he he fails, we just start all over again, no biggie.

I kind of love how Al has gone from somewhat disparaged to legend status.
right, it remains the biggest pattern disconnect of my life, basing an impression from only from an online football message board, thinking this.....then meeting the dude and thinking that. Impressive very cool person he was

Pitt is almost always my gauge, think about when Syracuse and Pitt are good at the same time, it doesn’t really ever happen, IMO it’s because we are always going after the same pool of players. I don’t think you can be successful only recruiting the NE, but you HAVE to hold your own and win the majority of recruiting battles against “peer” schools
Yep, I think we can be the #2 program in the Northeast behind Penn State (with obviously a pretty big gap from #1 to #2)... But to do so we have to out recruit Pitt, Rutgers, BC, and UConn in the Northeast... and hold our own in the DMV against Va Tech, Maryland, and UVA.

Also, I've caught up to page 60 but when I started on page 50 you guys were on page 63 or something. Slow down! lol

Yeah, top 25 seems overly optimistic, if not borderline delusional. Had the program come close in twenty years, I could be convinced. Are there examples of programs who consistently live outside of the top 50 suddenly pulling in Top 25 classes? If so, then maybe I'm too pessimistic.
I won't go as far as borderline delusional. A FEW kids will go with a coach they love. The rest will look at the record, and decide whether they believe in the coaches ability. Our 10 win season didnt move the needle. Dino DID move it from recruiting in the 60's to 51, and 50. 2019 removed all hype, and that was it.

Brown will need to string together a few good years. Remove the losing stigma, and a few more kids may come our way. IF we string together 3 winning years? Yes. He may be able to take advantage of that.

The #3 recruit in the nation, who Brown landed for Georgia, is a tri-state kid. It'll be interesting whether he sticks with Georgia or looks elsewhere.
Imagine if he followed him?!

Longtime lurker excited for a new beginning at Syracuse. Who on the current staff besides Nunzio would you keep?
Fisher and Beck. Everyone talks about Nunzio, but Fisher is the best recruiter from the last staff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors