Fran Brown | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

How soon after an HC announcement are the coordinators typically chosen by the HC?

He has a losing record fwiw
Are you talking about this year? He's in his first year of yet another rebuild. Nebraska went 3-9 and 4-8 in the 2 years preceding him there. Rebuild guys often has losing records their first few years at a new program.

The only I feel good about this hire is if we get successful, experienced coordinators. Don't need them to be great recruiters-That'll be for Fran and the position coaches. Just need to be able to call a game.

How exactly does the "official" word come out from the AD's office? Asking for a friend.

I think this is a great hire. I don't live in Syracuse but I've been following SU football since the Archbold stadium days when I was a kid. Hiring up from a lower tier is unlikely to cut mustard with 4 star players. All want to be "fine young gentlemen" but 4 and 5 star players want a better path the NFL. Syracuse has almost never recruited more than one 4 star player per year, and mostly they weren't very good. There are never guarantees, but a guy from a top tier program would impress me. No expectation that Syracuse can rival Georgia in recruiting, but being a top 20 to 40 team in recruiting would be great, as has been mentioned. I am excited about SU football in a way i haven't been in a number of years.

I would Suspect if it was true they would announce It at Halftime at the SU game tonight, But than again , what do I know.
They could announce it out right before to get attention on the hire on ESPN. Then follow up with an appearance in the Dome at halftime and/or a press conference tomorrow.

The appearance may not be possible and they could just announce it and have a press conference tomorrow too. I imagine they want to leverage the ESPN attention for maximum gain tonight. However, that depends on the contract.

Are you talking about this year? He's in his first year of yet another rebuild. Nebraska went 3-9 and 4-8 in the 2 years preceding him there. Rebuild guys often has losing records their first few years at a new program.
neb was also about 1 min away from a 9-10 win season.. Oh.. and they also have no QBs on the roster who can throw..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom