Frank was so bad | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank was so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one showed up tonight except Marek. It's easy to pile on Frank (I do it too), but he had a good first half. Where was Tyus? Where was Oshae? Where was Elijah? Chukwu does nothing well. Why play him?
Chucky had 8 and 6 which is decent from him. Even after 5 years he still doesn't always know where to be in the zone -- LOL. Howard and Hughes both stunk in the 2nd half, neither could make anything. OB was not the same after he took that elbow to the head.

frank had 1 to , 2 blocks and 2 steals.

You didn't mentions his assists when Reddish was covering him. You would think maybe he could get around him and get a half dozen . JONES WASN'T ON FRANK. It should be mismatch in our favor but it wasn't. JB said it right "Frank can't get by anyone".

Maybe its the injury he suffered. Regardless he refuses to drive the ball. I didn't see him beat his man off the drive. Didnt see any good passes. Didnt see anything exceptional on D. He did make some big shots early on but then became a non issue.
Frank looks like an athlete who is trying to mask his weakness by trying to play "cool" 1 handed passes etc. The reality is that opponents have him figured out. Pressure Frank and he folds. I feel badly for him as i believe his injury has crushed his confidence. Frank by his own admission is mentally fragile and he is playing tentative at best.

O’Shea’s 2 missed Fts and his “stare down no hands up” defense was a joke. That sequence and Frank’s pull up fast break turniver we’re the key points of the game.

Hammer hits nail on head. This. That was the key sequence. OB leaving a shooter with 2 seconds on the shot clock is such a low BBall IQ play. Why try to kick the ball? To give them an extra :15 seconds

No one showed up tonight except Marek. It's easy to pile on Frank (I do it too), but he had a good first half. Where was Tyus? Where was Oshae? Where was Elijah? Chukwu does nothing well. Why play him?

Why play Chukwu? Because if he doesn't play, Marek fouls out in the first half. I really like him and love when he makes plays, but he makes a lot of dumb fouls (and so does PC, btw)

Hammer hits nail on head. This. That was the key sequence. OB leaving a shooter with 2 seconds on the shot clock is such a low BBall IQ play. Why try to kick the ball? To give them an extra :15 seconds
JB said in his presser that they were focusing on trying to stop McConnell. That's likely the reason OB tried to get back.

So we basically play the number one team in the country even for 32 minutes, go three straight possessions with questionable no calls on drives to the hoops and all of our players suck. Need to find another message board to read because this one has clearly jumped the shark.

the desperate-search-for-scapegoats-after-every-loss syracusefan.com is the worst syracusefan.com

the turning point occurred halftime when k made the adjustments that strangled the syracuse offense, such as it is

and, no, that does not mean "this one's on boeheim!"

Exactly right. They showed the replay on TV broadcast. O'Connell was in the corner and when Barrett faked the pass OB went for it.

In the heat of the play, I find it hard to criticize a player going for a good fake. But that said, we don't close out shooters very well. That's a good habit we could have used some of right there.
noidea.gif

O’Shea’s 2 missed Fts and his “stare down no hands up” defense was a joke. That sequence and Frank’s pull up fast break turniver we’re the key points of the game.

I’d also add the ridiculous drive and pathetic attempt at a floater/layup Frank had that could have cut it to 3 I believe after the steal off the press. He is mind-numbingly bad a lot of the time.

If we hit shots, we likely win. That's the good thing. We didn't get destroyed, we had some questionable officiating, and we kept it tight. We just weren't hitting. I hate when JB uses that excuse, but tonight it fits.

That being said, Frank is problematic. I just don't know what the answer is for JB. Buddy is limited athletically and teams can shut him down quite easily with ball pressure. You can throw up stats all day - but against a Va. Tech or a team that is willing to put a good athletic defender on him, he's going to struggle. He's a Frosh though - those are growing pains.

Jalen is tough. He's like the Bizarro-Frank, or, maybe more like a quicker version of Freshman Frank. He gets by his defender with a full head of steam, gets inside the three point line, and then loses the ball. Maybe increased PT would help, or not. Who knows...his PT may be dictated by practice.

At this point though, Frank treats the three point line like kryptonite, rarely penetrates, and is just some strange placeholder at PG, so when he does screw up - it's more noticeable. He really doesn't do much creating as a PG...just facilitates the offense, and even less of that of late with TB taking on a more pronounced role.

As a 2G he's had some good shooting games this year. That injury really ruined his Senior year...but, regardless, he'll have his moments.

The OB FTs and Frank's bizarre turnover pretty much killed any chance at a comeback though. :(

Last edited:
I’d also add the ridiculous drive and pathetic attempt at a floater/layup Frank had that could have cut it to 3 I believe after the steal off the press. He is mind-numbingly bad a lot of the time.

Was that the drive he started from the baseline?

Letting Frank bring the ball up against a team like Duke is like playing video poker and hoping for a flush. Not happening.

Not sure I seen anyone else mention it but the Frank play that really left me wondering was when we were still within 6 or 8 and he took a shot from one step inside the 3 point line. Why? I know this has been the case for him and even more Battle all year but damn if you are going to shoot from that far out, it might as well be a 3 pt attempt. Oh yea...it missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom