Frank was so bad | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank was so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people really shouldn’t post for a couple of hours after a loss.

For the most part our defense played well all game. After the half they took away Battle, Howard and Hughes and the officiating helped them to lock us down on D.

Oh, and we were playing the #1 team in the country.

Last edited:
Duke has how many first rounders playing? We have none. That seems to get lost on people who would rather rip our players who gave everything they had tonight.

Only problem with that is that’s what the program has become. When push comes to shove, we can’t recruit on the same level as Duke. It matters.

Only problem with that is that’s what the program has become. When push comes to shove, we can’t recruit on the same level as Duke. It matters.

Freakin Kentucky isn't recruiting on the same level as Duke come on.

In terms of future NBA talent we might have played the best college basketball team of all time tonight. With the NBA lowering the draft age to 18 you won't see a team with multiple top 5 picks again. We beat them at their place and dominated the first half at ours.

All of our players have their issues but look what we did to Louisville when we clicked or the first half tonight.

Freakin Kentucky isn't recruiting on the same level as Duke come on.

In terms of future NBA talent we might have played the best college basketball team of all time tonight. With the NBA lowering the draft age to 18 you won't see a team with multiple top 5 picks again. We beat them at their place and dominated the first half at ours.

All of our players have their issues but look what we did to Louisville when we clicked or the first half tonight.

No question. We play well when we make shots — 3s in particular. But we can’t overcome that when we don’t.

So we basically play the number one team in the country even for 32 minutes, go three straight possessions with questionable no calls on drives to the hoops and all of our players suck. Need to find another message board to read because this one has clearly jumped the shark.
You can't really believe they are the "#1" team without Zion can you?

Exactly right. They showed the replay on TV broadcast. O'Connell was in the corner and when Barrett faked the pass OB went for it.
Anybody is biting on that fake as Duke was swinging it back around the perimeter. The problem with that play is Frank stood there and did nothing to get out on Barrett. Oshae bit the fake but Frank simply did nothing.

When did we ever recruit at the same level as Duke?

And six rebounds.

I can't put this one on Frank. I thought he had a reasonable bounce-back game from his very poor performance against Louisville.

He was part of the problem.

Others didn't play well either, but those slow, methodic possessions where Frank struggled to even get in a position to pass the ball... He waves everyone off down low, then can't get to the perimeter and spent 15 seconds side-to-side shielding against reddish...

It's not running the offense. It's just killing time to wind the clock down and stick someone with a bad shot.

It makes everyone worse and kills any rhythm or offensive flow.

No one is going to miss frank, sadly.

We desperately need a competent PG... And that's nothing new.

For anyone who cares, Frank did have 8 of SU's first 12 points.
And as Bilas pointed out they were entirely outside of the construct of the offense. I was only able to watch the first half last night but given the shots we were taking it was fairly predictable that at some point we would go cold, Duke would go on a run and we would lose.

I am not surprised people come on here to bash Frank but really, doesn’t it get boring. He is a mediocre player on a mediocre team. Some nights he is the best option. Buddy was getting eaten alive on offense and defense last night. Syracuse has two good wins all season. I have no expectation of this team changing its stripes now. They will most likely win one ACC tournament game and maybe one NCAA tournament game. Anything else would be a pleasant surprise. I am comfortable sitting back and watching now knowing they are who they are.

Frank is the PG, the QB of this team. He is responsible for running the offense, for getting us in position to score. With the exception of last years March run he has been average at best. JB tried to turn him into a 1 and the truth is Frank doesn't have the skills to be a good PG. His handle is weak. His judgment and game management skills are poor and he is a terrible shooter has become average.
JB in placing so much emphasis on finding and starting guys based on how they fit in the zone created a lop or one sided team. One that is excellent on D because of its length but seriously lacking in offensive basketball skills. Namely ball handling and shooting.

The last turnover by Frank was flat out atrocious. He picked up his dribble in a bad spot and then just turned and let the ball go.
Yes it wasn’t smart at all but what about the other four guys not going to help him at all. We make some amazingly dumb plays some times that kill me.

Up against the shot clock when he has the ball, he couldn't beat Cam Reddish off the dribble to set up teammates. Reddish is 6'8". We will struggle with him getting this many minutes at the point. Our best lineup doesn't include him . We look good with him sitting next to JB.
YES!

Duke is the bluest of blue bloods so comparing our recruiting to theirs seems a bit odd to me.

Duke is the bluest of blue bloods so comparing our recruiting to theirs seems a bit odd to me.

Duke has had at least 5-6 NBA guys on their team as well as several other McDonalds AA’s that didn’t pan out, basically forever.

But there was a time where in a lot of years their best guys would be like: Gerald Henderson, Josh McRoberts, Kyle Singler. Or JJ Reddick, Sheldon Williams, Chris Duhon. Mid-late first rounders and role players or starters at best. We might not have recruited on that level overall, but it was reasonably close.

Now they’re getting STUDS every year. And not just one. Several. It’s a whole different level.

Yeah, you’re right. Only 3 2019 first rounders and 6 McD AAs suited up yesterday. Had to replace Zion with a former 5 star in Bolden.
And yes, they are the #1 team at least until the next polls come out.
They got smashed without Zion by UNC. They are not the best team without him. Not even the best team in the ACC without him. Would finish behind UVA and UNC without Zion.

Citing Bolden is hysterical. Has done next to nothing in his time at Duke. Who cares if he was overrated coming out of HS.

tired of the picking on frank, when it was not only him. ty and oshae were just as bad, maybe worse. marek was the only one who played well.

Not lately. But years ago, the recruiting disparity wasn’t so great.
Yeah, before K won his first title. When Duke wasn’t Duke yet.

But there was a time where in a lot of years their best guys would be like: Gerald Henderson, Josh McRoberts, Kyle Singler. Or JJ Reddick, Sheldon Williams, Chris Duhon. Mid-late first rounders and role players or starters at best. We might not have recruited on that level overall, but it was reasonably close.
You might want to look up the rankings of those players.

hate to say it but howard is 1 of my least fav players ive ever watched at su. its not even just his game, its his demeanor on the court, his attitude. he thinks hes better than he is, he hits a 3 and he acts like steph curry. or he'll have a heat check after he hits a couple shots lol. and hes such a lazy defender, could care less about contesting deep 3s. not a fan of any part of his game.

You might want to look up the rankings of those players.

I remember.

Still. Zion and Barrett in the same year is like getting Melo and Amare in the same class. Plus McCants(Reddish).

Or Oden and Durant...plus Thaddeus Young.

They may have gotten the top prospect sometimes but the rest of the top 10 went elsewhere.

Or some years their best kid was the 10th-15th best player or so(Henderson, D.Nelson, etc)

They weren’t ever doing it like THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors