Fran's post bowl game team meeting .. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fran's post bowl game team meeting ..

Ty Gordon played for the 1st time all season.

ZMG played for the 1st time in 2 months (after he played 4 games earlier in the season).

Both Quan Peterson and Malcolm Folk are listed, even though they're both in the portal. I'm sure they were on the field in spirit only.

No Isaiah Jones, Lowry or Lockett.

I mentioned this in the game thread. I’ve seen a lot of bad football in the last 20 years. A lot. But this game was the absolute worst I have ever witnessed.

In 2008, we struggled to beat a Northeastern team the same week the school announced it was dropping the program the following year. I get that last night was bad, but claiming it was the absolute worst you’ve seen from Syracuse is extreme recency bias.

That’s fine, I’m just here to tell you Frans message today will be minimal at best, and I suspect Nunzio does most of the talking, as he has been in charge since Babers was fired, and has been with these men for The entire season.

id wager Fran starts with the positives of working hard to earn a bowl bid despite the struggles on offense, particularly overcoming injuries. Then he will lay into them genrically with some commentary on things not being good enough, and that it will never happen that way again. Something like, “Today we need to be accountable for our failings on the field as a program and as men, starting tomorrow we need to be dedicated, relentless and tirelessly work to never have to feel the way you feel right now again after a game. True toughness is on display when times are the hardest. Reflect on your DART in preparation for today, and how it can be better going forwards. Let’s get out of here, let’s get home safe, celebrate the holidays with our families and starting January 15th we work together to get this thing right. Family on 3.“ *breaks it down*
Wow.. you’ve done this before…

Think you’re taking it way more seriously than any recruit would. They’re not dumb - they know the flawed state of the program right now.

Yeah somehow they all missed the in season curb stompings.

I have found myself saying this about a lot of games the last 20 years during the Robinson, Shafer and Babers eras. I am kind of numb and come to expect it. Just hoping the next guy can fix it. Wash, rinse repeat.
I’m with you but I did not expect that debacle last night. It was a terrible display even under the circumstances. Losing to a bad 6-6 USF program is a bad look no matter how it’s spun. So, again, I agree that we’ve seen this rodeo before but it’s still was massively disappointing nonetheless. Anyone who just shrugs it off was probably okay with Dino too. Our hope now is that Fran isn’t the kind that just shrugs.

Ty Gordon played for the 1st time all season.

ZMG played for the 1st time in 2 months (after he played 4 games earlier in the season).

Both Quan Peterson and Malcolm Folk are listed, even though they're both in the portal. I'm sure they were on the field in spirit only.

No Isaiah Jones, Lowry or Lockett.
Does this mean they burned ZMG’s redshirt? I had hopes for him. I hope not. That would be malpractice.

I’m with you but I did not expect that debacle last night. It was a terrible display even under the circumstances. Losing to a bad 6-6 USF program is a bad look no matter how it’s spun. So, again, I agree that we’ve seen this rodeo before but it’s still was massively disappointing nonetheless. Anyone who just shrugs it off was probably okay with Dino too. Our hope now is that Fran isn’t the kind that just shrugs.
I can shrug it off because I knew how crappy this team was all year, especially once GS hurt his shoulder in October, it was 2019 with the OOC win against Purdue being the difference in squeaking out a bowl. We finished this season just like 2019 and neither fooled me. We will have a new head coach, new OC and DC, new OL coach, new LB coach etc. Most importantly, if we think there has already been a lot of roster turnover, we ain’t seen nothing yet, portal is still open and Fran isn’t putting up with the crap this team put out there, not just last night but against Va Tech, NC, FSU etc

And our folks are sometimes our own worst enemies... and least KJE is taking the whining in stride...

I saw that on Twitter last night. I actually unfollowed a few people because of the dumb stuff that was being said. Like the one guy going on and on about how horrible Nunz is because he didn’t play Braden Davis the whole game. Uh, yeah he completed a few passes but he wasn’t Tom Brady.

Last edited:
I saw that on Twitter last night. I actually unfollowed a few people because of the dumb stuff that was being said. Like the one guy going on and on about how horrible Nunz is because he didn’t play Braden Davis the whole game. Uh, yeah he complete a few passes but he wasn’t Tom Brady.
The era of the snake oil salesman is finally over. That's what Dino really was.

I saw that on Twitter last night. I actually unfollowed a few people because of the dumb stuff that was being said. Like the one guy going on and on about how horrible Nunz is because he didn’t play Braden Davis the whole game. Uh, yeah he complete a few passes but he wasn’t Tom Brady.

No sense leading a lamb to slaughter. He prolly would have gotten injured.

The guy that targeted him did it on purpose knowing full well he was getting ejected and got hi-fives from his teamates when he hit the bench... There would have been others if we left him in. They were looking to play dirty and put a hurting on him.

No sense leading a lamb to slaughter. He prolly would have gotten injured.

The guy that targeted him did it on purpose knowing full well he was getting ejected and got hi-fives from his teamates when he hit the bench... There would have been others if we left him in. They were looking to play dirty and put a hurting on him.
Yeah I mean - he didn't even sense that edge rush at all when he got demolished and fumbled leading to the scoop and score. And it looked like he couldn't take a snap unless it was in the shotgun. I've never seen a QB more uncomfortable below center in my life. I'm sure these are the reasons why we didn't see him this season when we were still carting out a 50% Shrader as our starter. This whole concept that Nunz is a terrible evaluator of QB talent because of that is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while.

Knowing it and seeing it first hand are different. Tonight's effort and showing would absolutely make me think twice about wanting to be on that team.
But the recruits know they won't be on that team. Do you think they committed to Fran because of what they saw from us earlier this year? No. They committed to Fran because of his vision of what he will turn the team into. This game would have no impact on what recruits think. They know this was a team from the previous regime and that things will be different going forward. Your response is an emotional one that the recruits won't have.

Last edited:
But the recruits know they won't be on that team. Do you think they committed to Fran because of what they saw from us earlier this year? No. They committed to Fran because of his vision of what he will turn the team into. This game would have no impact on what recruits think. They know this was a team from the previous regime and that things will be different going forward. Your reaponse is an emotional one that the recruits won't have.
Any rational person knows that :)

I can shrug it off because I knew how crappy this team was all year, especially once GS hurt his shoulder in October, it was 2019 with the OOC win against Purdue being the difference in squeaking out a bowl. We finished this season just like 2019 and neither fooled me. We will have a new head coach, new OC and DC, new OL coach, new LB coach etc. Most importantly, if we think there has already been a lot of roster turnover, we ain’t seen nothing yet, portal is still open and Fran isn’t putting up with the crap this team put out there, not just last night but against Va Tech, NC, FSU etc
True. I know better too. Not a good team. So, you’re right, it should probably be expected. I just can’t shrug. But I understand what people are saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom