Fran's post bowl game team meeting .. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fran's post bowl game team meeting ..

Ty Gordon played for the 1st time all season.

ZMG played for the 1st time in 2 months (after he played 4 games earlier in the season).

Both Quan Peterson and Malcolm Folk are listed, even though they're both in the portal. I'm sure they were on the field in spirit only.

No Isaiah Jones, Lowry or Lockett.
Well Isaiah would have played 2 plays and gotten injured anyway. Probably best for him he wasn’t on the field :)

Honestly, I don’t really know how to assess anything with this team…. Coaches, players, etc. Is our OL talent-less? Or is there talent but it was never well coached and developed, let alone put into an offensive scheme that had a chance of success?

I don’t know. I’m just glad the Babers era is over and we have optimism for the future.

Knowing it and seeing it first hand are different. Tonight's effort and showing would absolutely make me think twice about wanting to be on that team.

These takes...

Remember Jersey Orange return to glory post. New guys are coming because they will be on the field starting day one, rotation guy day one, playing for Fran day 1.

Last night was just passing through purgatory, train switching tracks, whatever, pick your analogy.

Like I said I’ve done some coaching, not football, but I’ve coached and done quite well for myself won a state title not that long ago. Lost a few heartbreakers and got our doors blown off in a few season ending disasters.

You pick up a few things along the way.
You had me ready to play!!

I think if we didn’t have that fumbled snap turned touchdown for USF in the first quarter the game plays out differently. We still lose, but that play was so deflating/demoralizing that I think a bunch of guys gave up at that point, especially those that are leaving and/or already received a “talk” about their potential opportunity to compete next year.
Disagree.
Problem is we've seen this horror movie before, during the many blowout losses during this era.
I've never seen teams look more unprepared than when we're getting our hats handed to us- it's been repeated over & over again.
How you trot out that gameplan & that so-called "offense", is beyond me. Total amateur hour ..again.

Who wouldn’t?
I like Marlowe but he has a penchant for getting stupid penalties at precisely the wrong time. Late hits, hits out of bounds, face masks, unsportsmanlike like conduct, hands to the face, etc. He had no reason to block the QB on the lateral last night. Clark had a free path to paydirt. Instead, he gets a stupid block in the back penalty. We don’t score, USF does, down 0-14, game over.

It's not surprising that a school that fired their coach, has a new coach who is evaluating talent and pushing players and recruits out, has a limited coaching staff, kids in the portal,.. got whacked by a school in year 1 of their rebuild. Syracuse was not ready for the game and USF was excited for the game.

End of the day, the bowl has nothing to do with next year's team.

That one’s a head scratcher for me too.
Yeah our punt coverage was hideous this year, without Peña the return teams were painful to watch, punting was good before last night, FG unit was ok before last night but not great. Don’t quite understand it but hopefully better athletes mean better units next year

L
I saw that on Twitter last night. I actually unfollowed a few people because of the dumb stuff that was being said. Like the one guy going on and on about how horrible Nunz is because he didn’t play Braden Davis the whole game. Uh, yeah he complete a few passes but he wasn’t Tom Brady.
Last night was not the night to defend Nunz

Last edited:
First game I stopped watching at halftime.
I watched the whole thing, because I always do. SU went 2-9 in consecutive seasons when I was a student, and I still went to all the games. Yeah, I'm certified.

But, it felt like it was time for the game to end and there was still like 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. What a waste of time that game was.

Not sure why this is seemingly so hard for folks to grasp.
Not all who are upset are correlating the two things; I don't think this will scare off potential transfers etc, that's not why I'm upset. I'm upset because our team just got demolished on national television. It almost seems like some fans emotionally checked out of this season right after Dino was fired and started looking forward to next season especially after all the recent excitement.

The team that was on the field last night was still our team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom