Fredericks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fredericks

I apologize for anything that I was at fault on. But there's been many comments that I will always stick up for him and correct. And btw, Adonis' real carries were almost 6/carry. Any back would be good to reach that. He'll be great in life no matter the haters.

I apologize for anything that I was at fault on. But there's been many comments that I will always stick up for him and correct. And btw, Adonis' real carries were almost 6/carry. Any back would be good to reach that. He'll be great in life no matter the haters.
He's graduated now so we can all move on.

Yeah now we can. Some people are more than that. And school and meaning c can be beneficial. So what's ur point?

He was the NY State Player of the Year.
And yet it appeared that at the time he committed, his only other offers were Stony Brook and Temple.
It's interesting to go back and read his thread on the recruiting board.

holly cow -it was against one of the worst teams we will ever see- ri was pathetic talent wise-

start the 44 talk after we play some p5 schools

holly cow -it was against one of the worst teams we will ever see- ri was pathetic talent wise-

start the 44 talk after we play some p5 schools
Dude, we get it, you hate this team and Shafer. Shut the f#ck up. Every thread I get on is littered with you saying "IT WAS AGAINST AN AWFUL TEAM! LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS AGAINST A REAL TEAM!" You seem to be one of those SU fans that actively roots against the team.

And with that said, you're right. It was against a poor team, but we can still take positives out of it, even though you can't because you're completely blinded by your negativity for the program.

oohhh bullshit-

you guys are so hungry for a real team you will find any reason you can to make one appear -

if ri had been a solid team and we did what we did i would be happy-

but the way you guys are oodleing over guys who played against one of the worst teams ever in the dome is assinine
You are miserable. I just made the mistake of looking at your post history. Good Lord, why do you come on a Syracuse fan board if you literally NEVER have anything even remotely interesting to say? Every post is the same. You've given up before the season even started. That must suck.

You are miserable. I just made the mistake of looking at your post history. Good Lord, why do you come on a Syracuse fan board if you literally NEVER have anything even remotely interesting to say? Every post is the same. You've given up before the season even started. That must suck.

its called being realistic after 15 years of garbage- but if you think this is a good measuring stick- good for you and a little pat on the head-

ive been watching sufor almost 50 years - i think ive seen a game or 2

rosconey said:
oohhh bullshit- you guys are so hungry for a real team you will find any reason you can to make one appear - if ri had been a solid team and we did what we did i would be happy- but the way you guys are oodleing over guys who played against one of the worst teams ever in the dome is assinine

You act like people here don't understand how bad they were. You can draw tepid conclusions from that game - despite the talent disparity.

But maybe most importantly - I love watching you troll the site. You can't deal with the team doing anything positive... It's like an afront to you. Makes me laugh. I think you may actually cease to exist if won a game vs a ranked team.

Wait - I got it. Are you the negativity surrounding the program, personified?!?

its called being realistic after 15 years of garbage- but if you think this is a good measuring stick- good for you and a little pat on the head-

ive been watching sufor almost 50 years - i think ive seen a game or 2
Maybe you should stop, because it's obvious you can't even get a teensy weensy little bit of satisfaction out of a win. As I said, you're miserable. I've suffered through the last 15 years, same as you chief. I guess I just try to put the game in perspective. College kids playing a game. I can celebrate a win, while still realizing it was against a bad team. Doesn't mean I think we're the 1980s 49ers. It just means I can still get some joy and happiness out of my team performing well in one given week. You can't, and that is awful for you. Why watch sports, if you can't derive a little pleasure out of it?

Did you get pissed each time SU scored last night? Your mindset is completely foreign to me, and I'd love to know how you watch a game like last night. Or do you just not watch because the opponent sucks, and in your mind SU sucks, so it means nothing? At what point, if this team actually surprises all of us and gets to 7 wins this year, will you actually celebrate a win? I get that this was essentially an over matched exhibition, but I can watch it and still enjoy it. It seems you can't.

ohhh
only the most ignorant would walk away from last night thinking su offense looked good

you group of the most ignorants find a silver lining in a pile of poop if it suites your fancy -

i just cant get all giddy about a team that showed not alot against a team that shouldnt even be on the field
The final score was 47-0. In your warped view of things, what should the score have been to make you happy? 212-0? I'm actually curious. And rosco, listen we're probably closer to the same view then you'd like to think. I was critical of the team last year, specifically the inside the 50 punting issues. I do get where you're coming from, but I just don't understand what you gain, or what you feel like you're accomplishing coming onto the board after a pretty convincing win over a garbage team, and shouting from the mountaintops how awful we are? What does that gain you?

I know we're having a shite year if I find myself agreeing with some of your posts eight or nine weeks in. I'm hoping eight or nine weeks from now you'll be excited about a team that is coming together and playing well, and has a chance at a bowl game. For some reason, I don't think you will be.

The final score was 47-0. In your warped view of things, what should the score have been to make you happy? 212-0? I'm actually curious. And rosco, listen we're probably closer to the same view then you'd like to think. I was critical of the team last year, specifically the inside the 50 punting issues. I do get where you're coming from, but I just don't understand what you gain, or what you feel like you're accomplishing coming onto the board after a pretty convincing win over a garbage team, and shouting from the mountaintops how awful we are? What does that gain you?

I know we're having a shite year if I find myself agreeing with some of your posts eight or nine weeks in. I'm hoping eight or nine weeks from now you'll be excited about a team that is coming together and playing well, and has a chance at a bowl game. For some reason, I don't think you will be.

It won't matter we could be 8-1 in 10 weeks and he'll be pissed our margin of victory isn't up to his liking ... in 2011 (a 5 win season) we beat a 3 win RI team by 7 in the Dome. This is a stark improvement and Shafer did it with his recruits ... the fact is we have a reason to be excited these young kids will only get better and better each week win or lose. Heaven forbid we be optimistic and enjoy the fact that SU did exactly what it was supposed to do ... they pitched a shutout and were never threatened even after giving RI a short field and blew them out. Could the offense have been better? Sure, but for crying out loud it was the first real action for a true freshman that showed poise and accuracy in the pocket. When they beat Rhody in 2011 Nassib threw for over 300 yds and they only won by a single score ... can we all just enjoy this for once ... please?

Don't even waste your time with him. He is, was and always will be a miserable person.

Seriously...what the hell is the point of following the team when this is your response to a 47-0 win over a team we were supposed to dominate.

It won't matter we could be 8-1 in 10 weeks and he'll be pissed our margin of victory isn't up to his liking ... in 2011 (a 5 win season) we beat a 3 win RI team by 7 in the Dome. This is a stark improvement and Shafer did it with his recruits ... the fact is we have a reason to be excited these young kids will only get better and better each week win or lose. Heaven forbid we be optimistic and enjoy the fact that SU did exactly what it was supposed to do ... they pitched a shutout and were never threatened even after giving RI a short field and blew them out. Could the offense have been better? Sure, but for crying out loud it was the first real action for a true freshman that showed poise and accuracy in the pocket. When they beat Rhody in 2011 Nassib threw for over 300 yds and they only won by a single score ... can we all just enjoy this for once ... please?
NEVER!!

One thing that stood out for me about Fredericks is after his 1st big run early in the game he appeared to be shaken up after the tackle, kid collected himself and stayed on the field for the next play. He fought thru his pain and my sense is this kid is a tough blend of power, toughness, and great feet. Gooornge!

I was a Day 1 believer in Fredricks. I knew he was going to be our best recruit. He's even better than I thought. We really need him, Dungey and Strickland to step it up for us. They can be scary. Those 3 have another 3 years after this.

I just re-watched his sr year highlight tape. How the hell were his only other offers Stoney Brook and Temple? I can only guess competition and possibly not considered breakaway speed? Everything we saw yesterday is on this tape. I guess you never know. Some guys keep developing, some don't. A lot of it has to do with what's between the ears too. Just gotta have that fire and confidence to be the best, the un-teachables.

I just re-watched his sr year highlight tape. How the hell were his only other offers Stoney Brook and Temple? I can only guess competition and possibly not considered breakaway speed? Everything we saw yesterday is on this tape. I guess you never know. Some guys keep developing, some don't. A lot of it has to do with what's between the ears too. Just gotta have that fire and confidence to be the best, the un-teachables.
He had WakeForest, Buffalo and UCF offers too. This kid was NYS Gatorade player of the year and people were acting like he was a project player. I didnt understand it

He had WakeForest, Buffalo and UCF offers too. This kid was NYS Gatorade player of the year and people were acting like he was a project player. I didnt understand it
I look it at this way, everyone else's loss and our GAIN!

#LongIslandExpress

Kid is too good. I've been tooting his horn since I watched his highlight tape. He is just a very natural runner. One thing I look for when watching kids run is their feet. This kids feet are incredible. He uses his feet very well to maintain balance while being able to bounce off tacklers. His touchdown run was a prime example. The other thing I love about him is how hard he runs. Watching him in comparison to Morris last night made Morris look like he was running in sand. Lastly, Fredericks has outstanding vision for a young runningback. He's great at finding the open lane, cutting into it, and just bursting. The dude is just impressive as hell overall.

orange_in_VA said:
#LongIslandExpress Kid is too good. I've been tooting his horn since I watched his highlight tape. He is just a very natural runner. One thing I look for when watching kids run is their feet. This kids feet are incredible. He uses his feet very well to maintain balance while being able to bounce off tacklers. His touchdown run was a prime example. The other thing I love about him is how hard he runs. Watching him in comparison to Morris last night made Morris look like he was running in sand. Lastly, Fredericks has outstanding vision for a young runningback. He's great at finding the open lane, cutting into it, and just bursting. The dude is just impressive as hell overall.

The next 44.

Sorry, Mr. Washington.

When Washington committed to SU, there was a recruiting "expert" who said Fredrick's was better than him. I thought at FanFest he was our best back and he looked it tonight too.
The recruiting guru said Perkins, not Fredericks, was better than Washington (in high school).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom