Freeney's playing like he's 25 years old... | Syracusefan.com

Freeney's playing like he's 25 years old...

Making bank...
zFvBlTO.png

Also worth noting that the Cardinals were a measly 5-2 before signing him and are 9-0 since.

i will cheer for him when he donates and respects the people that supported him. until that time he is now a successful self centered former player. nothing more.

i will cheer for him when he donates and respects the people that supported him. until that time he is now a successful self centered former player. nothing more.
Didn't he donate equipment? Something like $250k?

He may not have that much money available. His former financial advisers ripped him off for several million dollars. He sued them and Bank of America, and I think the suit is still working its way through the courts.

Why should he feel obligated to give SU money? They said come play football, the best you can, and in exchange you can go to college for free. He fulfilled his bargain. He owes the school nothing.

I wonder how far this goes toward a HOF bid. Right now it seems he's right on the bubble.

I wonder how far this goes toward a HOF bid. Right now it seems he's right on the bubble.
Leaving a good last impression doesn't hurt.

But, I think he was in before his latest comeback. For years, opposing offenses had to game plan for him.

Way to be on the ball, Jerry Reese. Could've used a pass rusher for cheap.

Leaving a good last impression doesn't hurt.

But, I think he was in before his latest comeback. For years, opposing offenses had to game plan for him.
There was a thread last year or the year before that had strong arguments going both ways. I think the five year waiting period sometimes hurts players that don't have numbers that blow you away. His sack numbers put him on the edge and he has a number of contemporaries with more that he probably won't catch, and some of them have a better reputation of being better against the run. I think he is second all time in forced fumbles so I hope that puts him over the top. I think he played in a conservative defensive system that may have hurt his numbers, but that won't matter to voters.

I can't a imagine Freeney wouldn't wind up in Canton. He was a prominent player for a great team for years and is now an integral part of another Super Bowl contender. At one point he was the highest paid defensive lineman in the game.

I can't a imagine Freeney wouldn't wind up in Canton. He was a prominent player for a great team for years and is now an integral part of another Super Bowl contender. At one point he was the highest paid defensive lineman in the game.
Make some great plays during the playoffs in a SuperBowl run and he should be good.

All of the voters will be watching these games.

I hope you are joking. Freeney is as much of a sure thing for the Hall of Fame that i have ever seen...

I hope you are joking. Freeney is as much of a sure thing for the Hall of Fame that i have ever seen...
im not joking...i dont think he gets in for a very very very long time...if ever.

his tackle #s are very low and guys like Kevin Greene, Simeon Rice, Leslie O'Neil and maybe even Clyde Simmons go before him.

then you have his contemporaries like Jared Allen, Peppers, Demarcus Ware and John Abraham.

phenominal player...hes right there on the bubble, but...

and this year doesnt mean shlit.**

that said, if he has a ridiculous post season and is a huge reason why his team hoists a Lombardi, maybe a SuperBowl moment for the ages...then that will benefit him immensely.

** after further review...i now think it does sack wise.

Last edited:
im not joking...i dont think he gets in for a very very very long time...if ever.

his tackle #s are very low and guys like Kevin Greene, Simeon Rice, Leslie O'Neil and maybe even Clyde Simmons go before him.

then you have his contemporaries like Jared Allen, Peppers, Demarcus Ware and John Abraham.

phenominal player...hes right there on the bubble, but...

and this year doesnt mean shlit.

that said, if he has a ridiculous post season and is a huge reason why his team hoists a Lombardi, maybe a SuperBowl moment for the ages...then that will benefit him immensely.

Defensive players, like offensive linemen, tend to get in based on reputation and maybe longevity, not numbers. The fact that Freeney was at one time the highest paid defensive linemen and a he did it for a team that won a ton of games- and now someone else who has him is winning a ton of games should get him in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom