Frost update to UCF | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Frost update to UCF

We haven't even hired a new HC yet but people are going off the deep end. Wow.

Let's see what happens before people start complaining. I trust Coyle and Syverud will make a great hire. Have a little faith.

Seems to me like he pulled the trigger way too early without fully understanding the consequences, just like Dr G.
I couldn't disagree more. The decision whether or not to retain Shafer needed to be made independently from the decision who would replace him. Either Shafer needed to go or he didn't.
There are a lot of good coaches out there. I give Coyle credit for being proactive to trying to position SU near the front of the line. But there are no guarantees, and only a clairvoyant could anticipate how things would unfold at other schools.

I couldn't disagree more. The decision whether or not to retain Shafer needed to be made independently from the decision who would replace him. Either Shafer needed to go or he didn't.
There are a lot of good coaches out there. I give Coyle credit for being proactive to trying to position SU near the front of the line. But there are no guarantees, and only a clairvoyant could anticipate how things would unfold at other schools.

Exactly. They are separate and distinct decisions, and this was the case with P as well.

Let's see what happens before people start complaining. I trust Coyle and Syverud will make a great hire. Have a little faith.

Crazy right?

And I'm not even participating...yet.

Vote Quimby.

No kidding. I had no idea it would be like this for EVERY rumor. Well actually I'm not shocked but it's even more over the top than I expected.

I said the same thing in another thread. Here's how it ended
angry-mob-at-frankenstein-castle.jpg

Possibly we're smart enough to leak rumors in order to aid us in current negotiations? Unlikely, but, a thought.

I would laugh at you if Gross was still the AD.

Now, I don't think it's necessarily out of the question. And the fact that a media member has "leaked" something definitely means someone told him something on purpose.

Well, yesterday I might have thought that. But today, when I have learned on this board how stupid and clueless Mark Coyle is, no way!

That's why you'll always notice there are those on this board that relish the game day threads and those that don't participate...usually a bunch of drama over nothing. Better to get your drama all in one dose after the final score is decided.

I agree 100%. These guys will get it right. As for my opinion i have been very worried about Frost as a head coach. He has zero east coast ties, comes across as a little if not a lot arrogant, not sure that he would be the kind of guy that parents and other coaches would like and he is unproven. Yes he seems to be a very good OC but i think that if you gave the tools he has had to many other OC possibly even Tim Lester that they would also light it up. He might be a good choice but not one that i would go to deep for. Make him a solid offer, have a solid buy out in place and tell him to take it or leave it but dont chase a kid like this as he is a total crap shoot.

kcsu said:
I agree 100%. These guys will get it right. As for my opinion i have been very worried about Frost as a head coach. He has zero east coast ties, comes across as a little if not a lot arrogant, not sure that he would be the kind of guy that parents and other coaches would like and he is unproven. Yes he seems to be a very good OC but i think that if you gave the tools he has had to many other OC possibly even Tim Lester that they would also light it up. He might be a good choice but not one that i would go to deep for. Make him a solid offer, have a solid buy out in place and tell him to take it or leave it but dont chase a kid like this as he is a total crap shoot.

Unproven as HC. Not as a player, coordinator, or recruiter. He's a known commodity.

That's why you'll always notice there are those on this board that relish the game day threads and those that don't participate...usually a bunch of drama over nothing. Better to get your drama all in one dose after the final score is decided.
There's no better way to get caught up in drama than new coach rumors. It's something that only happens every 5 years or so. Or more like 2-3 if you're an SU fan.

OrangeSky said:
There's no better way to get caught up in drama than new coach rumors. It's something that only happens every 5 years or so. Or more like 2-3 if you're an SU fan.

When I first started lurking around here during the Marrone hire, I mistook the passion about firing and hiring as a love for the drama of it. I think 90% of people want what's best for Cuse Football.

That other 10% be loving on the drama.

When I first started lurking around here during the Marrone hire, I mistook the passion about firing and hiring as a love for the drama of it. I think 90% of people want what's best for Cuse Football.

That other 10% be loving on the drama.
I absolutely agree. But the drama part sure is fun.