Frost update to UCF | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Frost update to UCF

Coyle did not put all of his eggs in one basket. He has traveled already to interview several candidates, and at least 2 of them were in this past weekend. Maybe we are making up our minds which one we like better.
I am also going to guess that he will put a time clock on "waiting" for any answer. Maybe something like sleep on it and let me know by 6pm tomorrow night.
I'm going with noon, Eastern time. The second target could be wrapped up by the end of the day and introduced on Wednesday.

Frost may not end up here, but what in that Oregon live article was definitive about anything?

The only thing this casts doubt on was him being named HC today, which other than an anonymous reddit poster, who confirmed that anyway?
Good point...

You are really cruising.

First you call one of the players (yes, he's still on the roster) several rude names and now you go after the new AD before he's even completed the hiring process.

You're off to a great start. I suspect that your stay here will be fairly short.
Madison has been over the top, but don't call AJ one of our players.

RMH44 said:
Good point...

Enough inside corroboration here that makes me think we've moved on. Jek, Legacy, etc

So Ash is from Iowa and played for Drake, that sounds familiar.

great, maybe Coyle will hire the bouncer at his favorite bar at Drake to be our OC. seriously, this hire could certainly work out, but you bring in an old college buddy and he tanks? bad look.

dasher said:
More often than you think

Doubtful. Thinking through recent hires nationally and even all SU hires, can't think of one where a deal was in place before a firing.

Enough inside corroboration here that makes me think we've moved on. Jek, Legacy, etc

That may be the case. But that article really says nothing that we didn't already know. He "may" look at other options - well I sure as hell hope so. Otherwise he's not very smart.

Coyle is a moron and makes TGD look like a brain surgeon. Lets hope he is not at Syracuse too long.
there really needs to a board for aarp members----and one for everyone else:(

great, maybe Coyle will hire the bouncer at his favorite bar at Drake to be our OC. seriously, this hire could certainly work out, but you bring in an old college buddy and he tanks? bad look.

Bigfoot?

A little of overreaction here.

Frost hasn't said no.

A lot of schools looking for coaches now in similar situations.

I just figured that Coyle had this mapped out.

Let's see if he did.
and if he did say no???so what---u are right ---a more than little over reaction

th

You're really on the clock now Coyle..
Right. When you're dealing from a position of strength (ACC, history, Dome, TV exposure, etc.) you couple an offer with a deadline. Otherwise you WILL get played. We don't have a hell of a lot of time. MC should have had his candidate 90% in place before he pulled tne trigger on SS. The race is on......

Right. When you're dealing from a position of strength (ACC, history, Dome, TV exposure, etc.) you couple an offer with a deadline. Otherwise you WILL get played. We don't have a hell of a lot of time. MC should have had his candidate 90% in place before he pulled tne trigger on SS. The race is on...

I'm pretty startled every time we go through some sort of process like this at the view our fans have of this university. I'm not calling you out personally, Roatan, but you guys think Syracuse is such a great opportunity that a really hot assistant coach should fall all over himself trying to accept whatever offer is put out there? Really?

Let's add a little perspective here:

• Notre Dame -- who everyone hates but everyone has to admit is on a different tier reputation-wise and $$-wise than SU -- had to run around offering it's opening to several candidates after the Davie debacle. They then eventually ended up with Ty Willy -- not in any way their first choice. May have regained some luster with the Kelly hire and recent success, but even ND isn't guaranteed that their no. 1 guy will say yes.

• As far as being used -- what program/franchise isn't? The Yankees are about the most storied, successful and powerful franchise in American sports, but they get used all the time to drive up prices on free agents who never intend to sign in NYC. Happens all the time. Boston and LA too. Money and opportunity are all that matters. If a guy like Frost thinks there is more money and/or more opportunity elsewhere, then he's going to explore that and most likely land there. That's pretty simple and doesn't have that much to do with Syracuse. It's universal.

• Money talks. I don't know what transpired and I could be wrong. But if I were a betting man I would say Frost was underwhelmed with the salary/package and/or commitment to budget for assistants by SU. Again, could easily be wrong, but let's not pretend like we don't know the pattern here. You want a guy like Frost -- a guy who could well have plenty of options? Pay the man.

• Finally -- let's not pretend SU is some sort of unique draw to most of these coaches. Most/many have zero connection to upstate NY and for those that do, they may have moved on with no particular drive to return. I'm not knocking upstate NY but it is what it is -- it doesn't have the weather of southern schools or the cache of big cities, the huge tree-lined sprawling campuses of the midwest or the unique geographical setting of many of the Pac12 schools have. We struggle to draw even close to 40,000 actual fans a game. We play in an antiquated facility. We've endured 15 years of losing -- an eternity in the minds of recruits. We don't pay very well.
Anyway, point is there are very real reasons for a guy like Frost to weigh his options and, potentially, decide against coaching at SU. It's really not crazy. And if you want someone to say yes, pay him money. Can't stress that enough.

I'm pretty startled every time we go through some sort of process like this at the view our fans have of this university. I'm not calling you out personally, Roatan, but you guys think Syracuse is such a great opportunity that a really hot assistant coach should fall all over himself trying to accept whatever offer is put out there? Really?

Let's add a little perspective here:

• Notre Dame -- who everyone hates but everyone has to admit is on a different tier reputation-wise and $$-wise than SU -- had to run around offering it's opening to several candidates after the Davie debacle. They then eventually ended up with Ty Willy -- not in any way their first choice. May have regained some luster with the Kelly hire and recent success, but even ND isn't guaranteed that their no. 1 guy will say yes.

• As far as being used -- what program/franchise isn't? The Yankees are about the most storied, successful and powerful franchise in American sports, but they get used all the time to drive up prices on free agents who never intend to sign in NYC. Happens all the time. Boston and LA too. Money and opportunity are all that matters. If a guy like Frost thinks there is more money and/or more opportunity elsewhere, then he's going to explore that and most likely land there. That's pretty simple and doesn't have that much to do with Syracuse. It's universal.

• Money talks. I don't know what transpired and I could be wrong. But if I were a betting man I would say Frost was underwhelmed with the salary/package and/or commitment to budget for assistants by SU. Again, could easily be wrong, but let's not pretend like we don't know the pattern here. You want a guy like Frost -- a guy who could well have plenty of options? Pay the man.

• Finally -- let's not pretend SU is some sort of unique draw to most of these coaches. Most/many have zero connection to upstate NY and for those that do, they may have moved on with no particular drive to return. I'm not knocking upstate NY but it is what it is -- it doesn't have the weather of southern schools or the cache of big cities, the huge tree-lined sprawling campuses of the midwest or the unique geographical setting of many of the Pac12 schools have. We struggle to draw even close to 40,000 actual fans a game. We play in an antiquated facility. We've endured 15 years of losing -- an eternity in the minds of recruits. We don't pay very well.
Anyway, point is there are very real reasons for a guy like Frost to weigh his options and, potentially, decide against coaching at SU. It's really not crazy. And if you want someone to say yes, pay him money. Can't stress that enough.

We keep playing with ourselves. Pick your guy and write the check. Otherwise, don't try to sell us the we are serious about football crap.

Well isn't that basically what this forum always does? Come down to the recruiting forum there have been many kids anointed the next savior before they even step foot on campus. And then criticized when they don't meet those expectations.
Not trying to throw daggers here, because I think you bring so much to the forum and appreciate all you do, however, what else would you expect? We have a lot of fans that are very invested in the program, be it financially or emotionally. Take hope out of the situation and all you have is a bunch of people talking on a forum. We already have many other social media outlets for that. Not to mention, I've seen it written over there that many recruits and their families read these forums. That being the case, I hope our fans on the recruiting forum are anointing every single recruit our staff is in contact with as the next savior.

We keep playing with ourselves. Pick your guy and write the check. Otherwise, don't try to sell us the we are serious about football crap.

You basically summed up my post in about 15 words. But yes, point is, offer money. If you do, people take your job. If you don't they look for other options before taking your job or turn you down outright. Beating Nebraska in '84 has nothing to do with these decisions.

The worst part is, Frost doesn't even have a wife or kids to uproot. And he still allegedly said pass. That is disappointing.