Frost was offered $1.8-2.0 million (corrected) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Frost was offered $1.8-2.0 million (corrected)

Hopefully beginning with this impending football coaching hire Syracuse starts showing a true financial commitment to the football program.
The IPF and upcoming Dome renovations don't show that commitment? Really?

I think spending more an a coach shows a commitment to winning. I think adding a hotel to the dome shows a commitment to revenue. The IPF was only built one we got that ACC money, and basically it was a well overdue must by the time they did it.

I think spending more an a coach shows a commitment to winning. I think adding a hotel to the dome shows a commitment to revenue. The IPF was only built one we got that ACC money, and basically it was a well overdue must by the time they did it.

Exactly

IPF was long overdue and I'm not convinced the dome renovation is being done specifically to help football. While it will help football, I'm pretty sure if the current roof didn't need to be replaced there would be no dome renovation happening.

Exactly
Right... but it didn't show commitment.

Three indoor facilities is more than any other program... anywhere.
Some don't have any... I'm looking at you BCU, RU*, Miami and UT*.

* bubbles don't count

Reading this thread reminds me of

tumblr_nc0dmlMZIR1tljxpko1_1280.jpg

Lost a little in terms of public perception but overall I agree nothing really lost.
I don't buy that we lost public perception. First of all, because UCF, while not a P5, has been better than Syracuse recently. In the three years before going 0-12 this year, they went 31-9 and won the Fiesta Bowl one of those years. Plus, it's not like we're the only P5 losing out to a non-P5. Tom Herman just turned down an SEC school in order to stay at Houston. Matt Rhule pulled out of talks with an SEC team and, at least at this point, looks like he's staying at Temple.

It happens. It's not a big deal. For anyone paying attention to more than just that original report of 1.2 million - which by all accounts is wrong - we simply didn't cave in and make a panic move. Everyone is talking "desperation"...desperate would have been agreeing to a laughable buyout. Hell, for the sake of comparison - Rhule's buyout is 3 million (which is why, by the way, we're not looking at him).

I don't buy that we lost public perception. First of all, because UCF, while not a P5, has been better than Syracuse recently. In the three years before going 0-12 this year, they went 31-9 and won the Fiesta Bowl one of those years. Plus, it's not like we're the only P5 losing out to a non-P5. Tom Herman just turned down an SEC school in order to stay at Houston. Matt Rhule pulled out of talks with an SEC team and, at least at this point, looks like he's staying at Temple.

It happens. It's not a big deal. For anyone paying attention to more than just that original report of 1.2 million - which by all accounts is wrong - we simply didn't cave in and make a panic move. Everyone is talking "desperation"...desperate would have been agreeing to a laughable buyout. Hell, for the sake of comparison - Rhule's buyout is 3 million (which is why, by the way, we're not looking at him).

exactly. desperate would have been bending over and taking frosts demands.