FSU Game Thread... | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Game Thread...

This is the post of the thread, and the only thing you need to read in the reactionary cesspool this board is about to become. This is spot on and needs to be understood and taken to heart by all Syracuse fans.
No it isn't going to turn into a cesspool. Common sense will prevail...along with some deleting by the folks behind the scenes.

Didn't say I don't think we can beat them, but both games are going to essentially be pick-em games. And given our road woes, I gives us a 1% chance of beating Louisville.

At some point we’re not going to throw an INT on our first possession of the game.

I disagree and I guess we’ll never know. What I do know is you take the points early. You don’t go for it from the 9 yard line then run them ball and expect to score. Idiotic call.[/QUOTE

it was 4th and 3 from the 4 , get it right

Was Syracuse the better team trotting out Mahoney for 3 series?
No. But does Mahoney have anything to do with not taking the points at the end of the half?

I sure wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with a lot of the bunch here. You can tune in to watch us now and be pretty assured that you are going to see a good game. That is a stark improvement. We play a real tough schedule. the 7-6 teams we had in the old Big east couldn't have done that with the schedule we are playing now.
People don't appreciate how deep of a hole we were in after three years of Shafer. From a talent perspective, football IQ perspective, conditioning perspective, culture perspective. The mere fact that we have been competitive in EVERY SINGLE GAME this season, despite playing a ridiculously hard schedule, is borderline miraculous. The small minded are quick to look past the big picture structural improvements and want to armchair quarterback nuances in the individual games. Doing so misses the forest for the trees. The program has made MASSIVE gains in under two full seasons, with every reason to expect the trajectory to continue to go up. This is cause for optimism, not this whiny woe is me crap.

Its great were competing, Im sick of losing games and not going to bowl games.
The season isn't over. What is wrong with you? We have two home games to win two games plus a road game against the Ville that is certainly possible that we could win. the funny thing is, if one of our guys broke away at the end for a game winning td you would be thinking we are going to win out.

I was clearly referring to since ‘98. Would it make you feel better if I said “19 years of nut kicks?”

1999 and 2000 were complete disappointments full of nut kicks.

2001 was an aberration and exception. There have been few bright spots since ‘98.

19 years of mostly nut kicks with a few exceptions. Better?

Glad you enjoyed the Music City bowl when we had a top notch defense and NFL backfield.

Did Murphy miss the last FG left or right. The drunk driving pbp man declined to mention

No. But does Mahoney have anything to do with not taking the points at the end of the half?

Agreed. But I’m a big believer in the butterfly effect, so I don’t think the game would have played out the same with those three points.

But on a non-philosophic basis, I wish we had those three points.

I disagree and I guess we’ll never know. What I do know is you take the points early. You don’t go for it from the 9 yard line then run them ball and expect to score. Idiotic call.

I understand your point but you can’t disagree with a fact. If Cole hits his first 48 yard attempt the game is tied at the end of regulation.

People don't appreciate how deep of a hole we were in after three years of Shafer. From a talent perspective, football IQ perspective, conditioning perspective, culture perspective. The mere fact that we have been competitive in EVERY SINGLE GAME this season, despite playing a ridiculously hard schedule, is borderline miraculous. The small minded are quick to look past the big picture structural improvements and want to armchair quarterback nuances in the individual games. Doing so misses the forest for the trees. The program has made MASSIVE gains in under two full seasons, with every reason to expect the trajectory to continue to go up. This is cause for optimism, not this whiny woe is me crap.
100% correct. It takes time. We are doing better than we have a right to expect at this stage. Not long term. At this stage. The talent gap between the two teams to day was a lot more than 3 pts.

It’s selective second guessing.

If Murphy makes his first attempt we’re in
OT. That call didn’t cost us the game.
I didn't even see it. Just saying those FG differences are VERY different.

I’m super upset at the loss but just shows how far we’ve come and how much upside is left. It’s nice being in all our games for once. When’s the last time we’ve had a season where we’ve had a chance to win / the every game on the last possession basically. They rebounded on defense. Impressed by the d in second half. Guys up front played tough. Robinson will be playing on Sundays. Let’s rebound and get the game next week.

Who would have recruited the upperclassman kicker?

Not that I want to watch again, one of the guys on FSU was in a little too quick and Murphy didn't get the best traction it seemed. Wished 3rd down went into the endzone but it is what it is.

I badly wanted a shot at the end zone. I had more confidence in that, than in us making that FG from there in that situation.

I understand your point but you can’t disagree with a fact. If Cole hits his first 48 yard attempt the game is tied at the end of regulation.

I agree. And you can’t disagree with we left another 3 on the field from the 10...

Gotta consider custis 4th down td then. Cant complain when were aggressive and add points to the scoreboard when we dont score but then not delete points when we go for it on fourth and do score.

Don't get me wrong I am upset we lost this game, but I am upset because I know we were good enough to win. There is absolutely no way this team losses out, and I will be completely shocked, and rather PO'd if we don't get to 6 wins. Dungey missing a whole quarter of play, and 4 possessions was the difference. Still, this game was there for the taking and should have won. It still doesn't change my feeling that this program is on it's way up. It's a process and they are learning (sometimes in brutal, heart wrenching fashion) how to win. They have proven they can win on the road. The next step is winning on the road. That is usually the last piece to come. I'm just upset that I felt some of the reasons for losing today were self-inflicted. That FSU team, while loaded with individual talent, is not a good team, and I will be shocked if they win 2 more games. You just can't let these games get away, and I don't think they will in another year or 2 under Babers leadership. I think he realized that it was a mistake not to take the points before the half. He will learn from it . The one thing I do hope they look back on is continuing to run Dungey into the ground. He totally gutted that game out and if he had some juice left in the tank maybe the last drive is different? Who knows, i'm just rambling at this point.

The season isn't over. What is wrong with you? We have two home games to win two games plus a road game against the Ville that is certainly possible that we could win. the funny thing is, if one of our guys broke away at the end for a game winning td you would be thinking we are going to win out.

Ifs and buts, if we hadn't lost to Mtsu, we had a winnable game today, and couldn't get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom