Fun off-season question for everyone.. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Fun off-season question for everyone..

Cool topic.

Weighted by how many games I actually get to watch, and how much the result means to me.

40% Syracuse basketball - watch every game, and a SU championship in basketball would be most important to me.
20% Celtic FC - Catch all of their UCL games and a handful of their regular season games online.
15% New York Jets
10% Colombia Men's Soccer National Team
10% Syracuse lacrosse
5% Syracuse football

Very cool topic. When someone asks what my sports teams are I say Syracuse basketball, Penn State football (i know that's not popular here), Eagles football, and Atlanta Braves. When it comes to the NBA, i route for teams with Cuse alums. So this would be my breakdown.

Syracuse Basketball - 80%
Penn St Football - 10%
Eagles - 8 %
Atlanta Braves 2%

I got asked this question at RFD before the SU/Indiana game and thought it was fun.

What is the percentage breakdown of your sports fandom? Meaning, out of 100 percentage points, how much would you allocate to each of your favorite teams based on how much you care about them and how much of your time/money you put into supporting them?

Mine is extremely boring... 50% SU basketball, 50% SU football. I literally care about nothing else.

But I'm guessing other people have much more interesting ones... e.g.

What's yours?

I'm surprised more people didn't base it on seasonality. I have teams that I support but when it's out of season, I don't devote as much time as I would in season. However, when it's in season I devote nearly 100% to that one team (except where there is overlap).

Syracuse Basketball-very passionate-have a hard time sleeping after a tough loss and refuse to watch TV or read the paper afterwards. Will also watch some hated competitors but won't devote two hours of time for some arbitrary game (sorry Marsh). Definitely have spent money each year travelling to watch them play (as far as Phoenix-thanks for the ticket hook up Bill Orange-don't think I forgot).

NY Giants football-very passionate-same but even more passionate than Cuse basketball since there are a lot less games. Sunday's can't get here soon enough in the fall. Will also watch hated division rivals to see them lose. Also will watch Bills games, but not with anywhere near the same passion. I go to at least one Giants game and one Bills game each year. Nothing beats the tailgaiting experience.

NY Yankees-passionate. Will put every game on TV, but not a life and death situation. Once they are eliminated from playoffs, will not watch any further. First game I went to that I remember was Mantle's last year but I really grew up watching Murcer and Munson. A big fan of Jeter, Mariano and Andy. Interesting to see my interest after they retire. Baseball is not what it used to be. Also a fan of the Cubs. Have seen them in Spring Training a couple times but never in Wrigley. Still on my bucket list. Liked the Cubs since 1969 and have been disappointed since. In over 40 years there has never been a conflict with the Yankees so don't even ask. And no, don't compare me to Hilary Clinton.

Utah Jazz basketball-pretty passionate. Will watch every game on TV. Read their message board daily but never participated. Go to see them play vs the Knicks and the Nets.

Syracuse Football-Will watch all the games and follow daily. Glad they are doing better. Have not spent anywhere near what I have on Cuse basketball on the football program. Part of that I think is because of conflicts with the Giants. Also don't follow the recruiting as close probably due to amount of people involved.

Won't even mention the other sports, but golf is definitely up there. Have been to the Phoenix Open a bunch of times and a PGA and US Open. Ryder Cup is still on my bucket list.

SU football 40%
SU basketball 25%
Orioles 20%
Chiefs football 10%
Royals 5%

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

25% SU hoops
25% NY Yankees
18% Oakland Raiders
17% SU football
10% LA Lakers
5% NY Rangers

50% SU BB
15% Brooklyn Nets (became a Nets fan when they drafted DC)
10% SU FF
10% SU Lax
8% Yankees
5% US Soccer (Mens and Womens)
1% Jets
1% NY Rangers - playoffs only

As far as team loyalties:

40% SU football
40% SU basketball
10% NY Mets
8% Syracuse Chiefs
2% SU Lacrosse, (that one weekend in May, if they get there)

If you include watching sports where I don't care who wins, (golf, horse racing, auto racing , boxing, Olympics, etc.), that would get probably 25%-30% and the above would split up the rest. As I get older, I get tired of the worrying and the agony of defeat.

40% SU hoops
35% SU lacrosse
25% SU football
25% pro football
10% all other college sports
5% all other SU
4% alternative sports, X-games or other
3% whatever championship happens to be on
3% my old HSs teams
1% pro basketball
0% baseball, golf, etc

40% SU hoops
35% SU lacrosse
25% SU football
25% pro football
10% all other college sports
5% all other SU
4% alternative sports, X-games or other
3% whatever championship happens to be on
3% my old HSs teams
1% pro basketball
0% baseball, golf, etc
0% Math

I'm surprised that I don't see any golf listed. I run into so many baby Tiger Woods and McElroy's out and about now days. O yea, my list:

35% SU hoops
30% SU football (these 2 have swaped places over the years)
20% Giants
10% Women's Tennis (anytime Sharapova plays dont really care if she wins)
4.95% Panthers (I live here now, they need fans bad)
.05% Bobcats (when I want a good laugh)

25% SU Basketball
25% NY Yankees
25% Thoroughbred Racing
8% PGA
6% SU Football
6% NY Knicks
2% NY Giants
1% NY Mets
1% PBA
1% SU Lax

For me, the lack of interest in SU Football is mostly due to my overall lack of interest in college football. I care so little about the sport that it's hard for me to get too invested in the SU team.

This x100. Between the stupid preseason polls that matter way more than they should, the complete arbitrary disregard for body of work for select teams, the political Bowl process, and the 56-47 video game scores coupled with the gimmick overtime...just whatever.

This is difficult. The money thing is going out the window because I pretty much cleaned myself out going to Atlanta.

27%: Syracuse Football
24%: Syracuse Basketball
19%: New York Mets
15%: Green Bay Packers
8%: SU Lax
5%: Brooklyn Nets
2%: Misc- (US Soccer, Jon Bones Jones, Olympic Teams, SU Non Revenues)

44% SU FB
44% SU BB
2% SU lax
6% orioles
4% buccaneers
Nice avatar. I was thinking it had to do with the Atlanta Crackers (remember them?) of the International League until I realized it was the Saltine Warrior.

70% SU FB
25% SU BB
5% Buccaneers
Have almost completely given up MLB (Mets), and NBA (Nets)
Sometimes I watch NBA games just to see certain players I like, Carmelo/Any former cuse player, Durant etc.
Also watch a lot of college football in general, and being where I live now (Virginia Beach), I like to follow teams that pick up players from the area.
And finally, 100% Every team that plays kentucky in BB, have a lot of friends that are kentucky fans, and they talk cash , so I love any team that beats them so I can dish it back a little bit. :)

40% SU Bball
25% SU Fball
25% Giants
10% Knicks

I'll watch a mets game now and then. The trainer for the NY Knicks rents out my home in Danbury so it's been fun to text him after the games. He introduced my son and I to Melo and Clyde the other day as well as Chandler. Jason and Amare. That was a fun day!

My kids sports 60%

SU BB 20 %
Orioles 10%
SUFB 5%
DC FB 4%
SU LAX 1%

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

This x100. Between the stupid preseason polls that matter way more than they should, the complete arbitrary disregard for body of work for select teams, the political Bowl process, and the 56-47 video game scores coupled with the gimmick overtime...just whatever.

The Bowl system stinks, there is no two ways about it. But, I would argue that the best team in the country ultimately wins it all in college football more often than any other major American sport. Meaning, there is no having a good but not great regular season and just riding a hot streak to a title like you can in the other 4 major pro sports and college basketball. You have to bring it from day one. That's the reason why college football draws, 90, 100, 110K people for games, because the regular season is just filled with colossally important matchups week after week.

Philadelphia Eagles 45%
Villanova Basketball 25%
SU Basketball- 5%
Sixers Basketball 10%
High School Basketball-10%
Phillies- 3%
Flyers-2%

My kids sports 60%

SU BB 20 %
Orioles 10%
SUFB 5%
DC FB 4%