Fun off-season question for everyone.. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fun off-season question for everyone..

45% SU Football (freaking die-hard)
25% SU BBall (love everything to do with the 2-3)
15% GMen (F you Cowboys, Iggles and Skins fans)
7.5% NYK (Ewing, Oakley, Mason and Starks got me into them. With Melo, it is euphoric now.)
7.5% Yanks (Truly hate everything to do with Boston simply because of the Sox. I don't watch hockey, but hate the Bruins. I even hate cobblestone roads because of it.)

This thread angers me off that there aren't more diehard SU Football fans. I live and breathe SU football and my stubborn mind doesn't understand how you like SU BBall, but not SU FBall.

And I'm with Marsh, my true passion is golf. And drinking of course. They make a great match.

Wow great question, if I had to absolutely brake it down my would look like this:
Fgcu basketball 25%
I work with the team so a their success goes so does my possibility to get into coaching.
Syracuse basketball 20%
I've been bleeding orange since I was born thanks to my dad.
Syracuse football 18%
I discovered football a little later than basketball, but I still love the team.
Colorado Rockies 17%
I lived the first half of my life in Colorado and have literally grown up with the team (their first season was 1993 and that was my birth year).
Denver nuggets 10%
The fact that I was a 10 year old basketball obsessed with Carmelo for leading Cuse to the title was only magnified when he move to my hometown nba team.
Buffalo bills 8%
Another team I picked up from my dad, even though they have only finished above .500 6 times in my life.
Colorado avalanche 2%
Finally I've always had a small soft spot for the avs since they won both their Stanley cups while I was a kid in Colorado.

Wow great question, if I had to absolutely brake it down my would look like this:
Fgcu basketball 25%
I work with the team so a their success goes so does my possibility to get into coaching.
Syracuse basketball 20%
I've been bleeding orange since I was born thanks to my dad.
Syracuse football 18%
I discovered football a little later than basketball, but I still love the team.
Colorado Rockies 17%
I lived the first half of my life in Colorado and have literally grown up with the team (their first season was 1993 and that was my birth year).
Denver nuggets 10%
The fact that I was a 10 year old basketball obsessed with Carmelo for leading Cuse to the title was only magnified when he move to my hometown nba team.
Buffalo bills 8%
Another team I picked up from my dad, even though they have only finished above .500 6 times in my life.
Colorado avalanche 2%
Finally I've always had a small soft spot for the avs since they won both their Stanley cups while I was a kid in Colorado.

Out of curiousity what are your thoughts on enfield leaving and how it will impact the program's momentum? I presume the style of gameplay is not going to change ?

My turn!

30% - SU Basketball
30% - SU Football
30% - Buffalo Bills (although not nearly as much of my time is wasted on that message board compared to here)
8% - Buffalo Sabres (watched no hockey at all growing up, but got into the NHL in college - my roomates were all Sabres fans. I know nothing about the sport, but at least I know how to root for a team)
1% - SU Lacrosse
1% - New York Yankees

I used to be a big Yankees fan...but, alas, that was long, long ago.

50% Orange hoops
35% BoSox
15% Orange football

5 years ago these percentages would be wildly different, but I find myself caring less and less about baseball every year. The NBA and NHL are rising, but still incredibly low.

I judge most of this based upon how angry I get after losses - I still go a bit crazy during Syracuse games, I can watch pretty much any other sport w/out even getting upset any more.

70% - Syracuse Hoops
11% - San Diego Chargers
7% - New York Knicks (Melo!)
5% - New York Rangers
3% - New York Yankees (I read a lot about them, but don't care much - so they may actually get a much bigger time investment, but only because the summer is long)
2% - Syracuse Football
2% - Other

The amount of Sox fans on this board is an embarrassment... Come on people, you're better than that. Oh Lord

Don't strain your neck looking up at us in first place there Alaska man. And while I doubt we finish in first place, I guarantee we will be above the Yankees.

Don't strain your neck looking up at us in first place there Alaska man. And while I doubt we finish in first place, I guarantee we will be above the Yankees.

Wanna put your "Tees" where your mouth is? lol

20 "tees" says the Yanks finish ahead of the girls

SU Bball-35%
SU Fball-25%
Red Sox-15%
Redskins-15%
Celtics-5%
NY Rangers-5%

I got asked this question at RFD before the SU/Indiana game and thought it was fun.

What is the percentage breakdown of your sports fandom? Meaning, out of 100 percentage points, how much would you allocate to each of your favorite teams based on how much you care about them and how much of your time/money you put into supporting them?

Mine is extremely boring... 50% SU basketball, 50% SU football. I literally care about nothing else.

But I'm guessing other people have much more interesting ones... e.g.
30% SU hoops
25% SU football
20% Giants
10% Yankees
5% Knicks
etc. etc.

What's yours?
Great topic.

Interest level/ $ allocated
SU football 65% 45%
SU hoops 25% 45%
NYJ 5% 0%
NYY 2.5% 4%
Chic Cubs 2% 4%
SU Lax .5% 2%

This thread should be copied and pasted over to the football board to see the responses there. Imagine the numbers would reverse from here and favor the oblong spheriod...

Syracuse hoops 45%
Philadelphia Eagles 25%
USC football 10%
Syracuse football 10%
Cavs/Knicks 5%
USC basketball 5%

30% cuse bball
26% cuse football
20% NYG
14% golf with an emphasis on the majors.
5% rangers hockey
5% cuse lax.

Out of curiousity what are your thoughts on enfield leaving and how it will impact the program's momentum? I presume the style of gameplay is not going to change ?
The players and AD all want a coach that will keep with the current style of play. We should know in about 2 weeks who the new head man will be but the early favorite is Marty Richter. He was the associate head coach for both years under Enfield and is a great charismatic young coach who embodies dunkcity. I honestly think we are going to go with someone who is an associate head coach at a bigger program ie Tim Buckley from iu or bobby lutz from nc st.

25% SU Basketball
25% Browns
15% SU Football
10% Indians
10% Cavaliers
10% Ohio State Football
5% Non revenue SU sports

You got it, mister.

(how cool would that be if we had a feature here to make bets with our "likes".. we could call it "Tee Vegas")

The hockey board I post on has a system like, where they set you up w/ a certain amount, and you can wager on anything. It's kind of entertaining - and 'Tee Vegas' would be even more phenomenal version of that.

This is tough.
Hornets-30%
Giants-20%
SU Hoops-20%
SU Football-10%
Knicks-5%
Yankees-2%
Tennis-11%
PGA-1.5%
NHL-.5%

Forum statistics

Threads