Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

Francis -- would getting Tucker increase our chances with Hamidou? (assuming he stays 2017)

I know UConn has Mamadoiu Diallo or whatever but that doesn't seem to be making UConn a heavy fave (yet) to get Ham

Francis -- would getting Tucker increase our chances with Hamidou? (assuming he stays 2017)

I know UConn has Mamadoiu Diallo or whatever but that doesn't seem to be making UConn a heavy fave (yet) to get Ham
Nitpicking here, but it's Mamadou Diarra

Hami will have his pick of any school that he wants to play at for his one year of college. Homey's and bff's isn't going to matter here. If Jimmy wants him or any of our top line prospects, then he has to recruit his butt off like when he was rolling into the projects for Karlton Hines back in the days. So far he has been on the grind more than previous years.

Well Francis we will see which used car salesman gives the best sales pitch. lol ;)

Karlton Hines

couchburn What could have been. I believe one of the reasons we landed Hines was how impressed he was that JB basically strolled into the projects and knocked on his door if memory serves. So you make an excellent point regardless of the hole that still exists within me since he never made it to campus.

Last edited:
I had never heard of Hines. Did some quick reading. Holy .

There used to be some sort of documentary on him on youtube. There was a bit about his recruitment, bailing on prep school and the like although more of it was about what happened afterwords and of course a good bit on his rise to fame as a youngster on the playgrounds.

There used to be some sort of documentary on him on youtube. There was a bit about his recruitment, bailing on prep school and the like although more of it was about what happened afterwords and of course a good bit on his rise to fame as a youngster on the playgrounds.

I hope he knows who has worked him the hardest. He is going to be as succesful at SU as he will at Duke or Kentucky. He will be exposed to more fans a SU than the others and with PGs and SGs with have pretty good rate at putting in the NBA. This is what kills me how we work so hard for a lot longer on a recruit and the a$$hole Calipari scoops down at the end and tries to woo and take them away. Sorry folks just venting my frustration for the dislike of this coach. :bang:

I hope he knows who has worked him the hardest. He is going to be as succesful at SU as he will at Duke or Kentucky. He will be exposed to more fans a SU than the others and with PGs and SGs with have pretty good rate at putting in the NBA. This is what kills me how we work so hard for a lot longer on a recruit and the a$$hole Calipari scoops down at the end and tries to woo and take them away. Sorry folks just venting my frustration for the dislike of this coach. :bang:

Doesn't mean UK is going to land him.

Don't give up--they don't get everybody they recruit.