Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

couchburn What could have been. I believe one of the reasons we landed Hines was how impressed he was that JB basically strolled into the projects and knocked on his door if memory serves. So you make an excellent point regardless of the hole that still exists within me since he never made it to campus.
Yup. JB gave 0 fux back then. Straight OG move. Something I bet Cal never did and Coach K would never ever ponder doing.

And Boogie Cousins was walking next to him
upload_2016-4-20_15-44-8.jpeg

Really? What a waste

To be fair if we're taking late 80's early 90's I didn't start getting in SU hoops till 95 and didn't really start following recruiting until Billy Edelin commited to us.

To be fair if we're taking late 80's early 90's I didn't start getting in SU hoops till 95 and didn't really start following recruiting until Billy Edelin commited to us.

Hines was in the class of 1989 [Shaq, Kenny Anderson, etc.] and would have been a superstar for us. That was the same class we landed Conrad McRae, and unfortunately Michael Edwards.

Hines was a top 15 recruit--maybe even more highly rated than that. Quite tragic. Like I said above, a complete waste of talent.

Hines was in the class of 1989 [Shaq, Kenny Anderson, etc.] and would have been a superstar for us. That was the same class we landed Conrad McRae, and unfortunately Michael Edwards.

Hines was a top 15 recruit--maybe even more highly rated than that. Quite tragic. Like I said above, a complete waste of talent.

Same class as Kenny Anderson. Boy what could have been...

I have a vague memory of Michael Edwards standing on the hood of someone's car and smashing the windshield with a bat or something. Anyone else remember something like that? Hines doesn't ring a bell at all. I'll have to check into him.

I have a vague memory of Michael Edwards standing on the hood of someone's car and smashing the windshield with a bat or something. Anyone else remember something like that? Hines doesn't ring a bell at all. I'll have to check into him.

I think it was a hammer, outside of Sutter's. No?

He's a great athlete, but not much of a shooter. Need to pair him with a PG who can really shoot.

He's a great athlete, but not much of a shooter. Need to pair him with a PG who can really shoot.
Yeah, I'm gonna be honest, I think he's maybe a bit over-rated (and I say this only watching a bit of his film). Not as an NBA prospect, but as a college player NOW. I wonder if he'll turn out a bit like Briscoe in that his lack of shooting hamstrings him on offense and means that his biggest impact will be on defense for the time being.

NYCorange said:
Yeah, I'm gonna be honest, I think he's maybe a bit over-rated (and I say this only watching a bit of his film). Not as an NBA prospect, but as a college player NOW. I wonder if he'll turn out a bit like Briscoe in that his lack of shooting hamstrings him on offense and means that his biggest impact will be on defense for the time being.
He's Stevie Thompson like...wouldn't be an ideal fit to pair with Frank.