Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

I would think Murray would be smart enough to realize that there might not be much of a place for him at Kentucky. Ulis and Briscoe figure to eat all of the PG minutes and a big portion of the SG minutes too. Throw in Matthews and Mulder and I don't really see any room for Murray. More worried about Thon Maker as he could slide right into the starting lineup if he were to join in December and make for an incredible 1-2 punch with Skal Labissiere.
Thomas Bryant/Thon Maker 1-2 punch is more possible at this point. Maker's handler said recently Indiana and Arizona St are currently the top two teams.

Francis03 said:
Thomas Bryant/Thon Maker 1-2 punch is more possible at this point. Maker's handler said recently Indiana and Arizona St are currently the top two teams.
ASU? Lol. Maker is a walking NCAA violation.

AZOrange said:

And he is the worst kind. He will have one foot out the door the moment he steps on campus and after he leaves, the school will pay.

I think it's funny how Cal's recruiting strategy was to tell Maker to "give him a call." Talk about arrogance. I hope Murray and Maker both skip on Kentucky and we watch them fall apart this year, even if that means having to watch Thomas Bryant and Tom Crean win.

Don't sleep on Hurley Jr. I was really impressed with what he did at Buffalo in a short amount of time and think he was a homerun hire for ASU. The Maker connection is due to one of the assistants that he hired who has a very close relationship with Maker and his handler.

Francis03 said:
Don't sleep on Hurley Jr. I was really impressed with what he did at Buffalo in a short amount of time and think he was a homerun hire for ASU. The Maker connection is due to one of the assistants that he hired who has a very close relationship with Maker and his handler.
yeah maybe. It's a dead end bball school though

curious, do handler's essentially get a bag of cash from someone loosely affiliated with the school? is that the generally accepted practice? or, do most handlers typically have the kid's interest in mind with a few bad eggs sprinkled in.

curious, do handler's essentially get a bag of cash from someone loosely affiliated with the school? is that the generally accepted practice? or, do most handlers typically have the kid's interest in mind with a few bad eggs sprinkled in.
I would say the latter point of your questions is how the handler game goes. Mind you most handlers are guardians or some kind of advisor to these kids. So they're trying to benefit from them whether looking out for their own interest or the kid.

Baffled by the fact that SU did not offer this kid for '15. So what if it delays the sanctions, as that would simply mean we have a PG this year vs having to wait on the uncertain for next year. If Murray is good enough to go pro, then it would simply open things back up for next year and being able to go able to go after Simmons or any of the other '16 guards waiting until Spring to commit. I realize we would be short a ship after next year, but I'm certain either we will get a schollie back after the appeal, or someone within, i.e. DC, KJ, or CO will leave early or transfer.

Baffled by the fact that SU did not offer this kid for '15. So what if it delays the sanctions, as that would simply mean we have a PG this year vs having to wait on the uncertain for next year. If Murray is good enough to go pro, then it would simply open things back up for next year and being able to go able to go after Simmons or any of the other '16 guards waiting until Spring to commit. I realize we would be short a ship after next year, but I'm certain either we will get a schollie back after the appeal, or someone within, i.e. DC, KJ, or CO will leave early or transfer.

I'd take him in a minute for 15 if he wanted to come here. I think the staff having Battle clearly as the #1 priority over Murray since the beginning probably kept us out of it though.

But we would push them back for Chukwu? I expect we get at least one back for this year but who knows. I would not say no to Murray for this season and I'm one who thinks Joseph will be much better. I think Murray will be great in his one season at Oregon.

We don't really need a pg for 15.

We don't need a pg for '15, but we need one for '16? Why's that? KJ and the frosh will be upperclassmen and be more experienced. G may be our best option this year, but he is not a natural pg and will only be playing there out of necessity. We need a true pg, and pushing the sanctions back would not really mean giving anything up for '16, because we would simply be taking that schollie for '15 anyway with Murray. Also, as I mentioned, I believe without a doubt that either KJ or CO will transfer or DC will enter the draft or forego his last year of eligibility. This would open up another schollie for a potential '16 recruit, not to mention I anticipate getting at least 1 back with the appeal process. This is a no brainer imho.

But we would push them back for Chukwu? I expect we get at least one back for this year but who knows. I would not say no to Murray for this season and I'm one who thinks Joseph will be much better. I think Murray will be great in his one season at Oregon.

Exactly, if they are going after Chukwu, then why not Murray?

At least with Chukwu we would be getting him for 16-17 though, rather than getting Murray for this coming season. I don't think this year's team can contend for a national championship, even with Murray, but Chukwu in 16-17 would be huge along with Battle and more improved guys from this year's class. If Jimmy is gonna win one before he goes out, it'll be in one of the last two years, not this one.

This^^^
We'd better have that silent verbal from Battle, or this may end up being a monumental f'k up by this staff, IMO.
Putting all our eggs in the Tyus-basket, from the very beginning, never made much sense to me- but what do I know? (Wait, I think I'm having a CuseHulk moment...)

This^^^
We'd better have that silent verbal from Battle, or this may end up being a monumental f'k up by this staff, IMO.
Putting all our eggs in the Tyus-basket, from the very beginning, never made much sense to me- but what do I know? (Wait, I think I'm having a CuseHulk moment...)

do not go cusehulk! Do not worry about battle its when not if. You really think JB and company would go down that same road with him a second time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom