Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

My post yesterday was pretty much 100% about the ncaa sanctions and where they've put us - a place that is not good as evidenced by our 2 recent recruiting misses.

one could make a credible argument that the inability of patterson and bj johnson to become productive players and the early nba departures are more causative of the place were currently at.

My post yesterday was pretty much 100% about the ncaa sanctions and where they've put us - a place that is not good as evidenced by our 2 recent recruiting misses.
We lost two kids that we would have lost without the sanctions. TB wanted to get away. End of story. And battle wanted michigan all along. The Battles kept their recruiting close to the vest. Tyrus had developed a very close relationship with a Michigan ass't coach. Sometimes a rose is just a rose.

go ahead and believe that :)

even if so, if we land simmons or murray its a net loss of one recruit. and moyer is currently blowing up. murray is the better looking college prospect to me. im not saying this as sour grapes. i stated it in the battle thread prior to his um commitment.

dasher said:
We lost two kids that we would have lost without the sanctions. TB wanted to get away. End of story. And battle wanted michigan all along. The Battles kept their recruiting close to the vest. Tyrus had developed a very close relationship with a Michigan ass't coach. Sometimes a rose is just a rose.
you had to bring jalen rose into this?

even if so, if we land simmons or murray its a net loss of one recruit. and moyer is currently blowing up. murray is the better looking college prospect to me. im not saying this as sour grapes. i stated it in the battle thread prior to his um commitment.
murray isn't coming here. We spent time on Battle. We might have got him if we put the same effort in. Gilbert isn't a consolation prize if we get him. Kid is very good.

I also think Murray could likely be a better college player than Battle. I'd be happy with Simmons or Murray since we missed on Battle because any of those 3 could start for you and make a difference. I have to feel that whatever is said or not said by the recruits the sanctions have to at least be a consideration and they are certainly used by SOME to negatively recruit against us.

you had to bring jalen rose into this?
Sorry. But that wasn't a probation deal either. That was a high school coach becoming a ass't college coach thing. D Marshall...no comment

murray isn't coming here. We spent time on Battle. We might have got him if we put the same effort in. Gilbert isn't a consolation prize if we get him. Kid is very good.

No Murray? certainly not surprising.

Last edited:
I also think Murray could likely be a better college player than Battle. I'd be happy with Simmons or Murray since we missed on Battle because any of those 3 could start for you and make a difference. I have to feel that whatever is said or not said by the recruits the sanctions have to at least be a consideration and they are certainly used by SOME to negatively recruit against us.
Oh, I'm sure it's brought up. But the dye was cast in this one. Battle loved Michigan and as I said, has a very strong relationship with an ass't coach there.

Tyrus Thomas went to LSU

Dasher you are a great poster so I'm not suggesting your spinning anything I just don't buy the fact he fits us well.

I don't think he's an immediate impact. He's undersized for the zone. Unless we suddenly are going to be playing a high pressure defense, he's going to be in a lot of halfcourt games here and that's going to minimize his strengths and if anything highlight his weaknesses (size/shooting ability). Pretty much the same problem we have with Joseph right now.

Dasher you are a great poster so I'm not suggesting your spinning anything I just don't buy the fact he fits us well.

I don't think he's an immediate impact. He's undersized for the zone. Unless we suddenly are going to be playing a high pressure defense, he's going to be in a lot of halfcourt games here and that's going to minimize his strengths and if anything highlight his weaknesses (size/shooting ability). Pretty much the same problem we have with Joseph right now.
I agree with everything you just said. He is a better fit for others. I'm just saying that he is a very good player and if he does come here, will be getting a very good player.

dasher said:
I agree with everything you just said. He is a better fit for others. I'm just saying that he is a very good player and if he does come here, will be getting a very good player.
is he connected with the Atlanta big we offered? Could this be a two for one?

Evan Daniels‏@EvanDaniels 1h1 hour ago
Jamal Murray is visiting Oregon today. Keep in mind asst Mike Mennenga has had success recruiting canadians Dylan Ennis & Dillon Brooks.

I think it'll be either Oregon or UK for Mr. Murray if he decides to play college ball next season.

Evan Daniels‏@EvanDaniels 1h1 hour ago
Jamal Murray is visiting Oregon today. Keep in mind asst Mike Mennenga has had success recruiting canadians Dylan Ennis & Dillon Brooks.

I think it'll be either Oregon or UK for Mr. Murray if he decides to play college ball next season.

Damnnnnnnn Damnnnnn Damnnnnnnn! I'd prefer Oregon if thats the case.

willing to bet payCal wraps this one up
Moneybags has loss out on recruits recently to the likes of Cal, Purdue, and UNLV. It would be kind of hilarious if it was Phil Knight's crew that he was able to beat out this spring for a big time recruit.

I would think Murray would be smart enough to realize that there might not be much of a place for him at Kentucky. Ulis and Briscoe figure to eat all of the PG minutes and a big portion of the SG minutes too. Throw in Matthews and Mulder and I don't really see any room for Murray. More worried about Thon Maker as he could slide right into the starting lineup if he were to join in December and make for an incredible 1-2 punch with Skal Labissiere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom