Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is playing a dangerous game. It is getting late in the recruiting game and there aren't a lot of open spaces for this position at attractive landing spots.

I hope it works out for him.
There are plenty of schools that are not traditional powers but in the new NIL space offer a very attractive destination. Just look at GG Jackson, he decomitted from UNC and committed to South Carolina. When was the last time that happened before and NIL?

He doesn’t believe SU is a top tier college basketball program. That much is clear, or he wouldn’t be open to other schools. Late in the game to find the right fit - he has all the info he needs from SU. If he liked it, it’d be done already. We have made him a priority.

While I agree with this general sentiment, this situation is a bit different. We’ve just brought in three guards, including two who should be able to capably play his position, and are highly rated, year before him. If you thinking about playing time, you could certainly see how it would be an uphill battle.

Now this is quite a different situation from JP, the clear selling point would be to take over from Jesse and be the man day one. Sure we brought in some guys, but they are not nearly as well regarded as he is.

If we miss on Reid, I think the staff maybe get a pass. Don’t take that to mean that they are killing it, which they certainly are not. But this is going to be a tough cycle given all the guys we brought in last year.

While I agree with this general sentiment, this situation is a bit different. We’ve just brought in three guards, including two who should be able to capably play his position, and are highly rated, year before him. If you thinking about playing time, you could certainly see how it would be an uphill battle.

Now this is quite a different situation from JP, the clear selling point would be to take over from Jesse and be the man day one. Sure we brought in some guys, but they are not nearly as well regarded as he is.

If we miss on Reid, I think the staff maybe get a pass. Don’t take that to mean that they are killing it, which they certainly are not. But this is going to be a tough cycle given all the guys we brought in last year.
You forgot the other half of that sentence.
But this is going to be a tough cycle given all the guys we brought in last year.

And the fact that our coach might retire soon.

I think Taylor is a 3… so that leaves Mintz & Copeland.

Copeland shouldn’t be a barrier to entry - he probably won’t be a high impact guy this year - and Mintz plays a different position.

Aside from all that, he is a major priority for this staff. They would not put this much of an effort in if they didn’t believe he would have a role right away. At least that’s my opinion.

And he's entitled to do that.

But that has nothing to do with the post you responded to. Which stated, if he was sold on SU, then he would have pulled the trigger already instead of trolling for additional options / offers.
Do you buy the first car you like. Maybe go see what others offer to confirm your choice. I usually take at least 6 months.

Do you buy the first car you like. Maybe go see what others offer to confirm your choice. I usually take at least 6 months.

None of which -- again -- has anything to do with the post you responded to.

Where's Weitsman at on this?
Ducharme is a nice player who would be a perfect off-the-bench guard in 2023 and a very solid 4-year player who would work into a starting role, but if Weitsman wants to start spending money, hopefully he starts big and we can grab a 5-star Top 10 player from the clutches of a blue blood, instead of sealing the deal on good, but not elite players, being recruited by Xavier and Penn State. The collective that is being put together in the Fall should be helping with players like Ducharme. If we're going to start buying recruits, let's go steal DJ Wagner from Kentucky/Louisville.
With that said, using a NIL deal to recruit is against the "rules", and even though everyone else is doing it, I doubt Weitsman will do it. What will attract elite talent, however, would be Weitsman setting up NIL deals (whether directly with his money, or indirectly through his many business connections) with committed players -- news would travel fast.

Then you are obtuse.

No, you're just trying to spin after misinterpreting the initial post you responded to from SUfan44.

Nobody is criticizing Ducharme for taking his time, doing due diligence, or casting his nets wider. Nobody is expressing dissatisfaction with his free choice to do so, or lamenting that he is "screwing" SU by continuing to look around. To the best of my knowledge, I haven't even seen anybody wring their hands over his individual timetable.

What SUfan44 fan actually stated -- if you'd bothered to read what he wrote instead of leading off with indignancy -- is that all of the above probably doesn't bode well for SU's chances. That's it. No critique about him taking his time, no complaining about him exercising his free choice.

How long it takes you to pick a car, or select a menu item when you go a restaurant, is irrelevant to the discussion, because SUfan44 wasn't critiquing his approach.

But your reading comprehension sucking and you continuing to go deeper down straw man rabbit holes does not = me being obtuse.

No, you're just trying to spin after misinterpreting the initial post you responded to from SUfan44.

Nobody is criticizing Ducharme for taking his time, doing due diligence, or casting his nets wider. Nobody is expressing dissatisfaction with his free choice to do so, or lamenting that he is "screwing" SU by continuing to look around. To the best of my knowledge, I haven't even seen anybody wring their hands over his individual timetable.

What SUfan44 fan actually stated -- if you'd bothered to read what he wrote instead of leading off with indignancy -- is that all of the above probably doesn't bode well for SU's chances. That's it. No critique about him taking his time, no complaining about him exercising his free choice.

How long it takes you to pick a car, or select a menu item when you go a restaurant, is irrelevant to the discussion, because SUfan44 wasn't critiquing his approach.

But your reading comprehension sucking and you continuing to go deeper down straw man rabbit holes does not = me being obtuse.
Actually, SUfan44 was either doing mind reading, or he has been in contact with Reid and specifically asked him why he was looking at other schools (highly doubtful). Maybe it's as simple as Reid saw that we just brought in 4 kids that could potentially play the only position he can play (2). Maybe he is trying to get some NIL money - who knows what is going through his mind. He only gets one shot at this, maybe he just wants to be sure about it.

He doesn’t believe SU is a top tier college basketball program. That much is clear, or he wouldn’t be open to other schools. Late in the game to find the right fit - he has all the info he needs from SU. If he liked it, it’d be done already. We have made him a priority.
That isn't true. I feel very safe in saying that he wanted to sign with syracuse a few weeks back. We held him off. Until we didn't. And by the time we realized that he was the guy we did really want, he decided to look around more. If we don't get him. and I don't think we will, it will because we blew it.

Actually, SUfan44 was either doing mind reading, or he has been in contact with Reid and specifically asked him why he was looking at other schools (highly doubtful). Maybe it's as simple as Reid saw that we just brought in 4 kids that could potentially play the only position he can play (2). Maybe he is trying to get some NIL money - who knows what is going through his mind. He only gets one shot at this, maybe he just wants to be sure about it.

I made a post that was deleted -- not sure why -- but I'll do my best to concisely summarize and see if it gets killed again.

I disagree with what SUfan44 said subsequent to the initial post a-- there were attributions about what Ducharme's thought process was in later posts.

That isn't true. I feel very safe in saying that he wanted to sign with syracuse a few weeks back. We held him off. Until we didn't. And by the time we realized that he was the guy we did really want, he decided to look around more. If we don't get him. and I don't think we will, it will because we blew it.
Yikes. Bird in hand. He’s scored at a better rate than Bunch or Taylor did at the same level.

Yikes. Bird in hand. He’s scored at a better rate than Bunch or Taylor did at the same level.
Yeah, Ducharme would have been a great recruit because he was obtainable, and because he'd be a solid 4-year player who likely wouldn't mind coming off the bench for a year or so. If Joe and Sy leave, we'll need a guard, and it will be tough to get a transfer if we aren't promising a starting spot, which I doubt we would because I think we'd be looking for a backup to Judah, Q, and JT. The more I think about it, the more I think we need a 2023 guard recruit and shouldn't rely on the portal. Ducharme/Elmarko/Gertrude/Autry are in play. We must land one of them.

This make more sense to me than anything else, reading the tea leaves. Absolutely ridiculous.

I don’t know what he is thinking but if he thought SU was good enough - and thought the interest was mutual, by the sounds - then he would have committed. My opinion.

I made a post that was deleted -- not sure why -- but I'll do my best to concisely summarize and see if it gets killed again.

I disagree with what SUfan44 said subsequent to the initial post a-- there were attributions about what Ducharme's thought process was in later posts.

You know why your post was deleted? Because you’re the one that deleted it. :)

Could it be because we want someone more and wanted that to play out a bit more?

Shocking!! it’s almost as if everything isn’t as black and white/straight forward as some people love to make it seem like.

Wait, what? He's the only kid to come for an official visit so far this summer and we didn't accept his commitment? Whats the point of recruiting him? If they had a bunch of other official visitors at his position I could see that strategy but this one baffles me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom