Ga Tech Gameday... | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
F_ObXGlWMAACwFb

Speaking of Gameday. McAfee just torched the NCAA on the opening. They are at James Madison U. Called the NCAA idiots and Axehol.s. Nothing bleeped out.

Is there a way we can win? If so they will need to utilize the "as you say" forward pass, whereby the quarterback throws the ball in an aerial manner to an end (on the same team) - usually this forward pass is beyond the line from where they have just scrimmaged.
I'll really be shocked if they pull this one out. Not Buster Douglas shocked, but maybe more like Boise St. v. Oklahoma shocked.

This is such an important game for Dinos program. We don't necessarily have to win but we do need to play hard play smart from start to finish. I think that the team is behind Dino, and I believe we will see a solid performance. I know most are thinking that now that GT has film on our new look that we will have a difficult time running on them. I don't. They are weak against the run. Our O line is big and physical. These guys are made to run block, not pass protect and it showed last week. I think that with another week under our belts that we will actually run this O much better than we did last week. I also expect Dan to throw the ball to keep them honest. So, I do think we can move the ball on them the question isn't actually or O this game it is our D.

GT has a dynamic QB the kind that gives us fits. They have good skill players on the outside and we are going to be stretched by them. Our Ds ability to keep them in check keep them under 25 in total points and we have a decent chance to pull the upset. Play field position make them sustain long drives nothing easy nothing over the top as they are turnover prone so make them earn everything.
Win the turnover battle or at a minimum don't lose it and I think we can win.

Should be a good game. Let's support the team and get bowl eligible. Go Cuse!!

On Gameday, doing the playoff scenarios, Herbie really doesn’t think much of FSU. Had other conf champs in over them with one loss even if fsu goes undefeated.

FSU has not really show much other than the winning thing for most of the year. lots of wins that watching live were not very pretty.

Run out the same scheme as last week. Wear their D down, incorporate some all hitch plays to keep them honest. Keep their offense off the field as long as possible to keep the MOB well rested.

This is such an important game for Dinos program. We don't necessarily have to win but we do need to play hard play smart from start to finish. I think that the team is behind Dino, and I believe we will see a solid performance. I know most are thinking that now that GT has film on our new look that we will have a difficult time running on them. I don't. They are weak against the run. Our O line is big and physical. These guys are made to run block, not pass protect and it showed last week. I think that with another week under our belts that we will actually run this O much better than we did last week. I also expect Dan to throw the ball to keep them honest. So, I do think we can move the ball on them the question isn't actually or O this game it is our D.

GT has a dynamic QB the kind that gives us fits. They have good skill players on the outside and we are going to be stretched by them. Our Ds ability to keep them in check keep them under 25 in total points and we have a decent chance to pull the upset. Play field position make them sustain long drives nothing easy nothing over the top as they are turnover prone so make them earn everything.
Win the turnover battle or at a minimum don't lose it and I think we can win.

Should be a good game. Let's support the team and get bowl eligible. Go Cuse!!
Really the best case scenario is for the team to win out, go to a bowl and then still can Dino. Who would have thought that Dan V. would be essentially our starting QB at this point in the season?

This I truly believe is the most important game for Dino Babers career, I have seen enough to let him go and that’s what I would prefer, that being said he wins this game, he will most likely win next week and go 7-5 with a chance at an 8 win season, NOOOO way he is fired with 8 wins

Which is really stupid, because the winning is what matters.
winning doesnt matter when its all a show as to who is the best 4 teams.. It matters more in the 12 team thing when winning gets you an automatic spot at the table.

Right now, who has looked the best even some lost games

Mich/Ga
OSU
Ore/Wash
Ala
Tex

FSU is behind all of them on the eye test to me.

if you said right now who is playing better Mizzu might he ahead of them

Much like if the eye test mattered UL who is top 10 on record might be down to 15 in play on the field.

Run out the same scheme as last week. Wear their D down, incorporate some all hitch plays to keep them honest. Keep their offense off the field as long as possible to keep the MOB well rested.
It will be horrible if Cuse runs effectively but comes up just short of gaining first downs (4th and 1 or 2) and has to punt to GA Tech's offense

winning doesnt matter when its all a show as to who is the best 4 teams.. It matters more in the 12 team thing when winning gets you an automatic spot at the table.

Right now, who has looked the best even some lost games

Mich/Ga
OSU
Ore/Wash
Ala
Tex

FSU is behind all of them on the eye test to me.

if you said right now who is playing better Mizzu might he ahead of them

Much like if the eye test mattered UL who is top 10 on record might be down to 15 in play on the field.
Yeah I checked out at the end of your first sentence.

Winning is the most objective and least subjective thing there is.

How teams "look" is made up. Eye tests suck.

It will be horrible if Cuse runs effectively but comes up just short of gaining first downs (4th and 1 or 2) and has to punt to GA Tech's offense
If our Oline keeps getting the type of push they did last week, it shouldn’t be an issue.

I will be watching from my hotel room in Palm Desert, CA on my way back from today's Boeheim event in LA. Stopping there for the night. I won't be able to scream or yell though. I did check the 2 sports bars get ACCN. So might watch half there.

I have made no secret that I don't think Dino is the answer. That being said, I'm not one of those "I hope we lose so that they will fire a coach I don't like" guys. I hate those guys. I hope we win out, including the bowl game because my loyalty is solely to SU. That takes top billing over whatever I think of the coach.

Last week was fun. Sure, it was only lowly Pitt but prior to last week, the stuff growing on 2-month-old bread has more creativity than anything we have seen from this staff over the past few years. Really looking forward to seeing what wrinkles they add this week. Surprising a team with something new is a solid achievement. Surprising the next team who has film on the first surprise is even better.

Concerned we can actually get the O Line push that we did last week against a team who is at home and invested. Pitt just wasn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom