Ga Tech Gameday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such an important game for Dinos program. We don't necessarily have to win but we do need to play hard play smart from start to finish. I think that the team is behind Dino, and I believe we will see a solid performance. I know most are thinking that now that GT has film on our new look that we will have a difficult time running on them. I don't. They are weak against the run. Our O line is big and physical. These guys are made to run block, not pass protect and it showed last week. I think that with another week under our belts that we will actually run this O much better than we did last week. I also expect Dan to throw the ball to keep them honest. So, I do think we can move the ball on them the question isn't actually or O this game it is our D.

GT has a dynamic QB the kind that gives us fits. They have good skill players on the outside and we are going to be stretched by them. Our Ds ability to keep them in check keep them under 25 in total points and we have a decent chance to pull the upset. Play field position make them sustain long drives nothing easy nothing over the top as they are turnover prone so make them earn everything.
Win the turnover battle or at a minimum don't lose it and I think we can win.

Should be a good game. Let's support the team and get bowl eligible. Go Cuse!!
If we can run v 9 or 10 in the box we can keep their play makers off the field. If they use 9 or 10 in we need to hit a couple of passes even if Shrader can't throw. I bet we add 1 or 2 wrinkles this week, our coaches are not idiots.

I will be watching from my hotel room in Palm Desert, CA on my way back from today's Boeheim event in LA. Stopping there for the night. I won't be able to scream or yell though. I did check the 2 sports bars get ACCN. So might watch half there.
What's the Boeheim event?

Which is really stupid, because the winning is what matters.

FSU at full health is right up there.

They’re undefeated with a lot of duct tape. If they’re healthy in the playoffs, I think they’ll be as competitive as anyone.

I have made no secret that I don't think Dino is the answer. That being said, I'm not one of those "I hope we lose so that they will fire a coach I don't like" guys. I hate those guys. I hope we win out, including the bowl game because my loyalty is solely to SU. That takes top billing over whatever I think of the coach.

Last week was fun. Sure, it was only lowly Pitt but prior to last week, the stuff growing on 2-month-old bread has more creativity than anything we have seen from this staff over the past few years. Really looking forward to seeing what wrinkles they add this week. Surprising a team with something new is a solid achievement. Surprising the next team who has film on the first surprise is even better.

I'd rather go 7-5 and keep him.

But if we don't go 7-5, I think it's been long enough, even if we have to play a 13th game against a Sun Belt team in Birmingham without him.

Let’s win these last two. I am sorry but Wildhack really can’t be waiting on the outcome of the last two games to make his decision. That would be some dumb bleep after eight seasons.
Yep the portal opens after conference title games, can’t waste time in this day and age. Not to mention early signing period in mid-December

Really the best case scenario is for the team to win out, go to a bowl and then still can Dino. Who would have thought that Dan V. would be essentially our starting QB at this point in the season?
Wonder if DV will have worked on passing this past week. Also wonder if they will have any sets where DV is the QB, but Shrader is also in the backfield to read the defense and adjust the play if necessary.

I will be watching from my hotel room in Palm Desert, CA on my way back from today's Boeheim event in LA. Stopping there for the night. I won't be able to scream or yell though. I did check the 2 sports bars get ACCN. So might watch half there.
Enjoy the game - Let me guess - Hotel Paseo?

Last edited:
winning doesnt matter when its all a show as to who is the best 4 teams.. It matters more in the 12 team thing when winning gets you an automatic spot at the table.

Right now, who has looked the best even some lost games

Mich/Ga
OSU
Ore/Wash
Ala
Tex

FSU is behind all of them on the eye test to me.

if you said right now who is playing better Mizzu might he ahead of them

Much like if the eye test mattered UL who is top 10 on record might be down to 15 in play on the field.
Winning is allll that matters. You go undefeated in P5 conference? You’re in the playoff. If you have a 1 in the loss column, and someone else has a zero with a halfway decent schedule (sorry JMU) then a one loss team has no business being in over them.

I'd rather go 7-5 and keep him.

But if we don't go 7-5, I think it's been long enough, even if we have to play a 13th game against a Sun Belt team in Birmingham without him.
My feeling as well. 7-5 plus the bowl win. Against The University of Texas at Rural Mississippi in the Birmingham What An Unusual Place To Have A Bowl, Bowl.

I assume he gets an (hopefully short) extension at 7-5. At 6-6, given the totality of his tenure and including our abysmal ACC record during that time, most AD's would make a change. As what OUR AD will do, I have no idea. I gave up trying to second guess JW after the #44 debacle. Fortunately, I am not making the decision and am free to bitch and moan on the internet depending upon how grumpy I am feeling on any given day. I have an Opthalmic Migraine hangover today, so Dino better not give me a reason to log on tonight.

Not to jinx SU or anything, but isn’t GT’s offense the kind of offense the 3-3-5 is designed to counter?

Let’s win these last two. I am sorry but Wildhack really can’t be waiting on the outcome of the last two games to make his decision. That would be some dumb bleep after eight seasons.
The years ago don't matter. If Dino wins 7 games two straight years, he keeps his job. We don't have to like it, but we won't fire a coach after winning 7 games two straight years.

Last edited:
The years ago don't matter. If Dino wins 7 games two straight years, he keeps his job. We don't have to like it, but we won't fire a coach after winning 7 games tow straight years.

Agree. And it’s a review of the results of the season, not what we did in these two particular games.

We would have overcome a tough stretch with 3 straight wins, and as you said, had two straight 7 win seasons. He’s just not getting fired for that, even if the BC game (and I guess VT) haunts everyone’s dreams.

Agree. And it’s a review of the results of the season, not what we did in these two particular games.

We would have overcome a tough stretch with 3 straight wins, and as you said, had two straight 7 win seasons. He’s just not getting fired for that, even if the BC game (and I guess VT) haunts everyone’s dreams.
Also getting blown out on 3 straight national tv games. Two 7 win seasons in a row and we don't fire a coach at Syracuse. The question I was asked yesterday is, if we lose tonight, do we fire Dino right now so we don't watch him beat a bad Wake team to be bowl eligible with 6 wins? That is a rough question.

Also getting blown out on 3 straight national tv games. Two 7 win seasons in a row and we don't fire a coach at Syracuse. The question I was asked yesterday is, if we lose tonight, do we fire Dino right now so we don't watch him beat a bad Wake team to be bowl eligible with 6 wins? That is a rough question.
I see JW giving him every shot to win 6 games

Our defense is going to have to make some big plays tonight. I don’t think our offense can score enough to keep up with GT. I haven’t seen one prediction that has SU winning this game.

The question I was asked yesterday is, if we lose tonight, do we fire Dino right now so we don't watch him beat a bad Wake team to be bowl eligible with 6 wins? That is a rough question.

If it’s a lopsided loss, maybe.

Otherwise, I’d guess no.

I say let him coach next week. It’s Senior Day. Then pull the plug Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom